Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

went and bought a magic bar at Roaring Fork. I had heard so much about it on here and needed to try one for myself.
I'm drooling over here! Can't wait to hear if you liked it :goodvibes

I don't know that I can ever do Storybook Dining because I loved Artist Point :( But I love the idea of meeting the Queen and I've never met the Dwarfs..... but it would make me too sad to go there I think lol. Glad you enjoyed your meal especially after the Trader Sam's disappointment :headache:

What a strange night with the rude bartender and the screaming girl! We're thinking about the Storybook Dining for our Fall trip.
It was strange, I wish I would have said something to the bartender but he gave us our drinks and was gone in a split second. The girl was just odd, she was flailing her hands and screaming at the sink, very weird!
The meal made up for all the weirdness.:thumbsup2

That Trader Sam’s experience sounds horrible! They shouldn’t have charged you the same price as if you got to keep the cup!

Your dinner at Artist Point seems so fun! I’m glad it went over so well! Did they give Andi different appetizers since she’s a vegetarian now?
It was, I used my band and didn’t even realize it was the same price until I looked at the menu again. The bartender did not have the time of day for us, ugh!
It was a little odd because Andi has a peanut/nut allergy and they only brought out 2 meat pies but didn’t really explain why, and her soup came out without a marshmallow but my didn’t come at all, I had to ask the waitress for mine. I would have gladly ate Andi’s meat pie, those were really good! We didn’t even mention her vegetarian status.

That's terrible! I have been to TS a few times and always have the nicest bartenders there. I think this was an off night. Maybe we can try again in May :-)
I would love to try again in May and actual get in Trader Sam’s. The bartender was just snooty

What the?? Where was her family??
She literally screamed so loud when I walked in the bathroom and she just kept screaming and shaking her hands by the sink and saying oh my god over and over, very weird. She was alone in the bathroom but I think I saw some people outside the bathroom, odd! She left the bathroom while I was still in the stall.

Super cute pics! But I would never eat there because all that food looks super gross to me :crazy2:
I didn’t think anything on the menu sounded good but everything we had was delicious. The characters and atmosphere was very good!

That really stinks. Joe and I were thinking about possibly stopping in for a drink one night in May, specifically to get one of the cups everyone is talking about (with a drink in it of course)...
I loved all the pictures of the cups but they literally were out of almost all of them:confused3

That's why we have a car in May...It will be nice to have the extra option...
It can be very frustrating, poor Andi, it took her 1.5 hours to get to WL, yuck!

I am soooooo excited for this dinner in May!!!! Joe is a HUGE Snow White fan, and when this dinner was announced, I knew it was a must for us.
We loved this, my sister said it was her favorite for food and characters. Snow White is so sweet and they sing some fun songs and Joe can join in :rotfl:

I have heard this from so many people! How hard would it be to keep things in stock??
It was a bummer and the bartender was snooty and could care less that the cups were not available!

So sorry you had such a negative experience! You are paying a lot of money for what basically looks like a cup of ic
It was a disappointment for that price, I used my band and didn’t even realize until I got the receipt and the bartender was ignoring us at that point. The drink was okay, it does have an expensive liquor in it but still way to expensive of a drink for what you got.

I bet these were delicious.
Spoiler they were so good!!

What a great meal! Love Andi's hair up like that, it really suits her!
This was delicious right from course 1 to the end. You are so sweet! I think Andi looks so cute with her hair up as well!

Awesome pictures!
Thank you, the Evil Queen was amazing!

I really want to try the new Storybook Dining! Looks so fun!
I am so glad we tried it, I almost didn’t get an ADR after reviewing the menu! I am so glad I did. The description of The entrees, appetizers, and desserts on the website do not sound all that appealing but wow very good! I hope you get to try it!

You should have been given some kind of discount since you weren't able to get the souvenir cup :sad2: What a bummer.
I thought we would and by the time I got the receipt with the cost I was shocked but the bartender would not give me the time of day at that point so I paid and went to drink my expensive purchase, I was done in a a couple minutes it was mostly all ice! It definitely was a big old bummer!

img_feb232019at81650am-jpg.384392

Super cute! :cutie: :thumbsup2
Thank you it was so fun to meet the Evil Queen, she was impressive!
Obviously I did something wrong responding here, didn’t mean to put the picture back in there, lol!

Last edited:
I'm drooling over here! Can't wait to hear if you liked it :goodvibes

I don't know that I can ever do Storybook Dining because I loved Artist Point :( But I love the idea of meeting the Queen and I've never met the Dwarfs..... but it would make me too sad to go there I think lol. Glad you enjoyed your meal especially after the Trader Sam's disappointment :headache:
I will say this! I am glad I took your advice! Very good! Andi thought it looked gross, little did she know!
I know how much you loved AP and the wonderful mushroom soup! I think you should try it, it was by far the best character dining I have ever been to by a mile!
Yeah Trader Sam’s drink was a big disappointment and we didn’t even get to see any antics!

Oh I hope you can work it in, it is miles above any other character dining we have done and at this point we have done them all!

Actually, we locked things down this afternoon and this one didn't make the cut. This is their first trip and, after many Disney Food Blog reviews, they aren't willing to give up any of the other reservations to fit this in. 5 year old priorities aren't quite mine, though: they were unwilling to cut out any buffets, because they love getting to choose exactly what they want! At what age do you think I can make a quality over quantity argument :P

Hello Everyone!

Hi!!! I'm joining in (finally!)

She is @JuniorSkipper here on the Dis. She doesn’t chime in much anymore, now that she is busy at College.

I didn't even realize she came on the Dis!

We were staying at AKL, standard view.

:cheer2::lovestruc

I slipped on an icy walkway and tried so hard not to fall that I threw my back out and hurt my left knee! It really sucked!

Oh no! What terrible timing

We were #100 to take off, yikes!

Wow, you must have been on the runway forever!

She took us the wrong way to DME, we needed to be on the B side and we were on A.

This is me EVERY TIME I try to find DME.

We were upgraded to a full savanna view!

Yesss, amazing luck!

We walked in MK and we saw Remy and his brother walking around!

They're so cute! Hope they're still around some in May!

This looks delicious!

Andi’s second ride on RnRc, she was into the tongue out this trip, ugh!
img_feb102019at105648am-jpg.381574

I thought it was the same picture again :rotfl2:

They're SO CLOSE! How cool!

Great shot! Love that Disney is doing more PP with props

Just lovely :love:

we went to the Starbucks and it was the least crowded I have seen this one, that was nice.

Epcot Starbucks is the worst! MK is probably busier, but at least it's nice inside!

That pizza looks so good I may have to try to fit Via Napoli in during the May trip...

We give this dinner a 2 thumbs up for food, atmosphere, and character interaction, loved it!

Love to hear that! My dad is seriously considering doing the dinner!

I'm sorry your journey to the Poly was a bust! Those drinks sure were overpriced! Your dinner, however, sounds like it was great! I would like to try the character dining at Artist Point in the future!

Finally caught up!
I was so excited because I was sure this is a savanna room! We were upgraded to a full savanna view! The room was to the left of the check in area and straight down, it was fairly far but not bad. Our room was in a nice quiet area! We were not close to the Mara or pool but the views and quietness made this okay!
I wonder how they decide on the categories of some of those rooms! If you have a partial view or full view! But who cares if you are able to see animals!

The line was short except there was a family on the path and they were having their own photo shoot. They were oblivious that they were blocking the pp shots.
Argh - that was the bane of my existence trying to leave Magic Kingdom our last day! Too many people who decided, oh that is a good spot for a photo. Yeah, we thought so too, and were waiting in a long line to get that shot before you got in our way!

We don’t know where he came from because it had been so quiet in our room. We decided to go down and check out the resort and hot tub again since we wouldn’t be napping with all that noise! It was odd because we never heard this loud kid again, thank goodness!
Maybe eaten by a giraffe?

Storybook dining looks so cute! I'm still trying to see if I can fit it in on our trip because my girls really want to meet the dwarfs. We shall see.
Actually, we locked things down this afternoon and this one didn't make the cut. This is their first trip and, after many Disney Food Blog reviews, they aren't willing to give up any of the other reservations to fit this in. 5 year old priorities aren't quite mine, though: they were unwilling to cut out any buffets, because they love getting to choose exactly what they want! At what age do you think I can make a quality over quantity argument :P
Maybe next time!

Hi!!! I'm joining in (finally!)
Yay! Kara, I was wondering where you went, lol!

I didn't even realize she came on the Dis!
She use to be on a lot more, not much now, in fact she found the site and told me about and I ended up taking over her avatar, hence my log in name! Andi found the site when she was 14!

Oh no! What terrible timing
Our winter has been so bad and then my back, ugh!!

This is me EVERY TIME I try to find DME.
This is the first time we did this, walking in a fog!

Yesss, amazing luck!
The Savanna view is amazing

They're so cute! Hope they're still around some in May!
I was giddy when I saw Remy and Emile, so darn cute!

Great shot! Love that Disney is doing more PP with props
Yes the new lantern shots are really nice!

That pizza looks so good I may have to try to fit Via Napoli in during the May trip...
Such a good lunch spot!

Love to hear that! My dad is seriously considering doing the dinner!
The Storybook dinner was wonderful!

I'm sorry your journey to the Poly was a bust! Those drinks sure were overpriced! Your dinner, however, sounds like it was great! I would like to try the character dining at Artist Point in the future!
Me too! I was really looking forward to a good time at Trader Sam’s! Maybe one of these trips I will try it out.
The dinner was really enjoyable, I would say favorite character one so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter