Beverage tastings online

I booked DH and I for mixology and the chocolate & liquor one. Or was going to sign him up for the Rum tasting but the onlyrics time was athe 10:30 am. I passed. Who wants to drink Rum before noon?o_O

Sounds like a mistake in the system. Our Rum tasting the only option was 10:30pm. Same with Cognac and Whiskey.

So are these really just tastings? Not teaching you how to pour your own like the private Mixology classes? Do you think we can still set up a private group in the future?

I've done most of the tastings and the only one where we have made the drinks is mixology. The other tasting we have done, you learn a lot about the history of the beverage, how to make different cocktails (if applicable) and what kind of pairings go with the beverages (particularly wine). They are generally not as rowdy as the mixology (although I was in a pretty lively tequila session once).

thanks guys...I heard back from DCL/Alma about the private classes. Here is her response:

"So, you heard the good news!

Yes, private classes still be offered, but most likely on Port Days as sea days are already out there. No changes on how classes are conducted. Private classes are no difference in any other classes.

Exactly, its quick & everybody have the chance to experience the event. Requesting private classes can only be reviewed & process at 30 days before sailing."

Has anyone had a tasting class on Castaway Cay?? I heard that one was offered there and I haven't called DCL to check on it. I only saw one - mojito at 2pm on CC day. At first I was like why would anyone come back early to the ship? Then like I said someone said it's on the island. hummm....

Has anyone had a tasting class on Castaway Cay?? I heard that one was offered there and I haven't called DCL to check on it. I only saw one - mojito at 2pm on CC day. At first I was like why would anyone come back early to the ship? Then like I said someone said it's on the island. hummm....
Looking at a Personal Navigator from April 21, 2017 on the DCL Blog, they show the Mojito tasting class being conducted at CC Heads Up Bar.

Ugh, Private Mixology to be offered Port days only? That's not cool. I hope that isn't true for the 7 day cruises.

Ugh, Private Mixology to be offered Port days only? That's not cool. I hope that isn't true for the 7 day cruises.

It is. The email received by our private class coordinator for our upcoming cruise said that private classes would most likely be on port days.

We have the WBTA booked in September and the beverage tastings opened up for us a few days ago. I managed to book the Mixology, Whiskey, Rum, Tequila and the Martini. Gosh it sounds like we drink alot.

I like the idea of it, as it's one less thing to have to rush to do onboard, though I do hope they still have openings for silver.

We did mixology on the Wonder and it was not a mix your own drink. It was still a lot of fun learning about how they came up with the drinks.

Below is a list of Beverage Tastings that may be pre-reserved online (based on availability):
- Amari Tasting
- Beer Tasting
- Bourbon Tasting
- Champagne Tasting
- Chocolate & Liquor Tasting
- Cognac Tasting
- Martini Tasting
- Rum Tasting
- Stem-to-Stern Wine Tasting
- Tequila & Margarita Tasting
- Whiskey Tasting
Does anyone know how many slots are available for each tasting?

Well, my cruise is completely sold out except for the one on CC day and it was $30pp and at 2pm, which would force us to cut our day short.

We have done one on almost every cruise and the last 2 were that same price (I miss the old days of $15pp).

I talked to DH and for the price, we'll just go to the bar and ask them to make us one of the drinks and we can try them that way. The classes are interesting and have good information about the history of the liquor - but after spending $60 to do the bourbon one last year and leaving most of it behind because we were full from dinner and really just didn't like the taste, it just doesn't seem worth the money.

For the EBPC on the Wonder this fall, beer and wine tastings are $20 each, some of the liquor tastings are $25 each, and the chocolate and liquor tasting is $35.

I see they have tastings on CC day at 2pm. Anyone know if they do it on the island or do you have to go back to the boat? I am not a huge beach person, but CC is the one stop I do go in the water and wouldn't want to have to leave to go back to the boat to do a tasting. But if they did it someplace at the adult beach that would be pretty cool.

I've done several of the beverage tastings over the years. None have ever been on CC. If I ever typed "They never are on CC" you know they will start one next week.

However, I doubt they would put one on CC. The bar tending staff is stretched thin on CC coming off the boat to man the bars there and DCL deliberately schedule them on CC days in the ships bars because some bartenders do have to stay behind to man the bars on the ships and that gives them something to do and puts people in the otherwise empty bars.

Damn, we were planning on doing mixology and now it's all booked.

Planned on signing up first day on ship because that's the way it's been done. Crappy

Damn, we were planning on doing mixology and now it's all booked.

Planned on signing up first day on ship because that's the way it's been done. Crappy
We were on the Fantasy a couple weeks ago. We prebooked a couple of tastings online before leaving. All available online were sold out before our cruise. However, they had a bunch more to book the first day on board. They only had one mixology to book online, but they had at least four offered once on board.

We were on the Fantasy a couple weeks ago. We prebooked a couple of tastings online before leaving. All available online were sold out before our cruise. However, they had a bunch more to book the first day on board. They only had one mixology to book online, but they had at least four offered once on board.

I feel a little better about this then. It just pisses me off they'd add this after the booking of activities started and not sent a notification "new activities available"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter