Beverage tastings online

I'm thrilled to hear this! Not just b/c it makes it easy to avoid conflicts with other ticketed events, but b/c we'll know in advance exactly what is offered. I had prepped my family for the possibilities last time, but we still had to stand around doing the "ok, so there is this, and this, and this, but not this..." thing. Plus, no one wanted two tastings in a day, or didn't like the timing of one, etc. I hate wasting the CM's time, especially when it's busy, but it was kind of unavoidable. Next time we'll have 2 additional adults in our family group, so whew, much easier to figure this out in advance.

I do hope it doesn't make them harder to get spots for, but I'm guessing walk-ups will be as easy as before.

This is wonderful! Providing the slots do not feel up before the silvers and new cruisers are able to sign up. What I like best about this is we will not have to rush to guest services to sign up for our tastings. One less thing to have to do before we can relax and be in the vacation mode.

Hmmm...if these fill up really fast online, maybe they should put a limit to the number you can book online, similar to making Palo reservations. Maybe a limit of 2/person? With the option to book more on the ship if they're available.

That would be awesome and fair to all involved! Maybe I will email them and suggest it.

Does anyone know if they give the day/time of the tasting or are you signing up for something without knowing exactly when it is being given? We hit 120 days next week and this is a wonderful addition to advance booking - so glad to see they are testing it out!

Ok, I'm going to be stupid here... What is Amari? Because all I think of when I see/hear Amari is my TKD trainer. And I do NOT want to know...well, yeah.

I've done the Amari tasting and the liqueurs (Cynar, Aperol, etc) are very bitter.

I was able to snag a Martini tasting for myself and my hubby for our Alaskan cruise next month! yay! I didn't sign up for mixology because we have a private group being organized through our cruise group and I've been very much looking forward to meeting so many of the people in our group.

When did they let you start signing up for the beverage tastings online? It wasn't like that in January. I signed on today at 120 days out and they gave that option. I like it!

Yesterday! I am loving it! When they first introduced prebook character greetings I was bummed they didn't do the beverage seminars. So glad they finally sorted it.

I'm sure they'll have more on board. There was only one Mixology available on my cruise for pre-booking, but I've gone to more than one Mixology on a cruise before.
That's what I was thinking too. There was only one mixology listed for my August Western and usually they do several during the week, even several on the same day. I noticed that most of the tastings only had one available to book. Maybe depending on how fast they book online gives them an idea how many more they need to add once everyone is onboard.

120 days out? Must be the NYC cruise 11-11! Maybe? :) if so we'll be on that with you. I'm excited that we can book tastings in advance now! Although I can't book until 90 days out... boo for silver.

November 10 7 night Western Caribbean out of Galveston on the Wonder. :ccat:

That's what I was thinking too. There was only one mixology listed for my August Western and usually they do several during the week, even several on the same day. I noticed that most of the tastings only had one available to book. Maybe depending on how fast they book online gives them an idea how many more they need to add once everyone is onboard.

I am wondering that too. The 5-night Alaskan cruise only has one tasting listed each day, which seems low considering 3 of the 4 full days on the ship are basically sea days. So I'm really hoping more are added later or available once we board. 2 of the 4 are already sold out and there was no chocolate tasting :(

This is great! I just snagged a Martini and a Rum for our group for September. It seemed like there was one a day for our cruise; wine, beer, mixology, rum, bourbon, martini.

So cool! Good for you all, you won't have to run to the guest services to book it on embarkation day!

I highly recommend From stern to stem (wine tasting) and Mixology! :)

Never did a tasting before, because I always forget about it. I never want to wait in line anywhere when I get on the ship to sign up for something. I welcome the chance to book it ahead of time and get a chance to try a tasting. I am about to make my final payment for my October cruise. Very excited!!!

I was able to book wine tasting, beer tasting, and chocolate and liquor tasting for our EBPC on the Wonder this fall. Whiskey, rum, martini, and mixology were also available, but I did not see a champagne tasting in the list.

Too bad my booking window closed 3 days ago! We were probably the last cruise to not be able to pre-book these. Oh well - reason for another cruise In the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter