Beverage tastings online

Thank you for sharing this information! I went in to see what is available for our cruise and they have the Stem to Stern Wine tasting, but when you click on the description, it says "Sail to the head of the class by mastering the right way to appreciate rum, the Caribbean's sweetest nectar!" Does this sound right to those who've done this? My husband and dad want to do it if it's rum, but not wine. Booked it just in case! Thanks

Thank you for sharing this information! I went in to see what is available for our cruise and they have the Stem to Stern Wine tasting, but when you click on the description, it says "Sail to the head of the class by mastering the right way to appreciate rum, the Caribbean's sweetest nectar!" Does this sound right to those who've done this? My husband and dad want to do it if it's rum, but not wine. Booked it just in case! Thanks

If the title of the class is WINE I would go with they have the wrong description under it. In no world I know is RUM the same as WINE. :)

If the title of the class is WINE I would go with they have the wrong description under it. In no world I know is RUM the same as WINE. :)

You've *definitely* not hung out with me on a night when the Cocktail of the Day is whatever I put in your glass... ;) You might start out with wine but by the end of the night we're drinking 1934 Zombies!

I'm so glad they did this!! I am just off the Dream and it was a PIA to schedule them. Guest services wasn't really sure they were held. I had to go directly from my Champagne Brunch at Remy to my wine tasting because that was the only time available for both.

While there I was told that session had filled so they opened a second session the day before which would have been much better for me. Maybe they can avoid this as long as they realize that more guests will take advantage of it now and plan accordingly.

When did they let you start signing up for the beverage tastings online? It wasn't like that in January. I signed on today at 120 days out and they gave that option. I like it!
Thanks for the information as I had booked for my Oct 6 sailing on July 8 but it wasn't showing at that time... because you your post, I was able to book all the ones I wanted!!

I'm so glad they did this!! I am just off the Dream and it was a PIA to schedule them. Guest services wasn't really sure they were held. I had to go directly from my Champagne Brunch at Remy to my wine tasting because that was the only time available for both.

While there I was told that session had filled so they opened a second session the day before which would have been much better for me. Maybe they can avoid this as long as they realize that more guests will take advantage of it now and plan accordingly.

While I agree this is potentially a good development - assuming they figure out a way to keep Platinum from hogging them all - if you have to book on board, I've found it is far better when booking in person to go to where they actually tell you to as the bartenders there doing the sign up will have all the times (obviously barring any additions) right there and not have to look around to find when they are. And also you can choose from various times. When I booked once at Guest Services they just decided for me when I was doing it (there were multiple offerings scheduled).

While I agree this is potentially a good development - assuming they figure out a way to keep Platinum from hogging them all - if you have to book on board, I've found it is far better when booking in person to go to where they actually tell you to as the bartenders there doing the sign up will have all the times (obviously barring any additions) right there and not have to look around to find when they are. And also you can choose from various times. When I booked once at Guest Services they just decided for me when I was doing it (there were multiple offerings scheduled).

Exactly. I go straight to where they are taking the signups. On the Fantasy it's usually La Piazza.

Signed up last night for Chocolate & Liquor and Cognac, in addition to our private Mixology:woohoo:The Chocolate & Liquor tasting is a few hours before our Dessert Experience at Remy. We may be in a diabetic fit by the end of the night:rotfl2:

I booked DH and I for mixology and the chocolate & liquor one. Or was going to sign him up for the Rum tasting but the onlyrics time was athe 10:30 am. I passed. Who wants to drink Rum before noon?o_O

I booked DH and I for mixology and the chocolate & liquor one. Or was going to sign him up for the Rum tasting but the onlyrics time was athe 10:30 am. I passed. Who wants to drink Rum before noon?o_O

232310_res3_CaptainJackSparrow.jpg
Hello Love... Did someone say rum?

Last edited:
So are these really just tastings? Not teaching you how to pour your own like the private Mixology classes? Do you think we can still set up a private group in the future?

So are these really just tastings? Not teaching you how to pour your own like the private Mixology classes? Do you think we can still set up a private group in the future?

I'm pretty sure I saw Mixology listed on the post on Scott's blog. Of course that's for anyone who signs up and not private.

The other tastings are more about learning about the beverage and tasting various types of it (I haven't done Margarita, so maybe you mix those though).

I'm pretty sure I saw Mixology listed on the post on Scott's blog. Of course that's for anyone who signs up and not private.

The other tastings are more about learning about the beverage and tasting various types of it (I haven't done Margarita, so maybe you mix those though).

Thanks! I was planning to set up 1-2 private classes but need to wait closer to the date (Nov cruise); however it sounds like I should sign up for these tastings first before they fill up, then see if we can do a private one. And then cancel any tastings I no longer need since I really don't need to do multiple each day...

I heard from the DCL blog that the rums are mainly Bacardi anyway, so maybe you aren't missing anything.

I'm also excited about this advance sign up because I assume that now we will get tickets. It's easier to keep all of the family tickets in order so we don't miss anything. Better yet would be if "your" Palo, princess meet and greet, your excursions and your mixology class fed into your schedule on the navigator app........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter