Between the BLs (Biggest Loser) Summer Challenge 2010 Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday's QOTD: What Walt Disney World Beverage is not to be missed? I'd like to broaden my horizons and I've heard mention of frozen Maragritas, what else is out there that you just can't pass up?

Gosh, I don't have one...I guess I need to work on that! The one thing I drink at WDW I don't drink anywhere else is chocolate milk. I have it after the Half. I figure it's a great recovery drink, and I've earned it! The thing that I just can't pass up tends to be water -- it's hot and I'm thirsty -- plus I'm not fond of Coke products. They used to offer Gold Peak Iced Tea (a serious yum!), but now they've switched to Nestea, and that not the same :sad2: I am just shy of a teatotaller, and I don't drink before or right after a race, so that's when I tend to be at Disney.

I ran 4M today and it felt great! It was way too hot, but I wasn't about to bag it as long as I've waited! I'm going to get up earlier tomorrow for 10M, so it will be cooler. The scale seems to be in line. I've been just treading water. I'll either be the same, have a little gain, or a little loss this week. I think that's to be expected, but I'm already hoping to go down a lb or 2 next week. I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, so I'm hoping for at least one more run over the weekend. We're going to visit dh's cousin and family at their camp Saturday, so that may be a bust.

Taryn -- I can't offer any better advice than you have already received. :grouphug: Just vent all you want -- someone will always be here with a :hug:

Well, I took off today to spend with my dad, so I'd better get back to him!

Maria :upsidedow

Hi Rose :goodvibes I'm lurking, I don't have anything positive to contribute so I'm just reading. :) I did mean to tell you that there have always been more adults than kids at the Dis meets here so no worries.

DD has been sick for a week now, her fever was up to 102 and today it's almost been normal. She's just got the plain old flu...moving on to the congestion/cough/runny nose part. I had to work a concert all day Tuesday and cried leaving her at home alone at 9:30. :( Fortunately dh came home at 2:30, and a friend of dd's came over before that and they watched the Tink movies.

Thursday's QOTD: What Walt Disney World Beverage is not to be missed? I'd like to broaden my horizons and I've heard mention of frozen Maragritas, what else is out there that you just can't pass up?
I love the slushies at the France pavilion – I think I had one of each last time we were there (because it was really hot :rolleyes1). There’s a lemon one (Citron I believe?) and a Grand Marnier one, yummy!

Jen – Welcome back. Today is a brand new day :goodvibes !

Taryn – :rotfl2: Thank you! And it worked too, I was up this morning at 6:30 ready to go, despite the fact the I had only gotten to sleep about 4 and a half hours before… I should have set this up a while ago! Sorry to hear about your DH’s work situation. You helped me tremendously when I was freaking out a few weeks ago and I wish there was some way to return the favor. All I can say is that I have confidence that you will overcome this challenge. Make a plan, do the best you can, and remember to breathe. I like Jen’s idea about setting some rewards for yourself too. :grouphug:

I'm thinking running shoes though, not glass slippers.;)

:rotfl: that is so true, and honestly what I would love to meet, but they all seem to be changing the toilet paper rolls for some other women already.

Whoo hoo!! Maybe you should buy some new shoes before your vacation. That is definitely a great motivator. Is he single too?
Definitely new running shoes for the both of us!
All the good ones are taken, it seems… or…
Divorced, actually, close enough though right?

lovedvc – Have a wonderful trip!

Shelby – Ohhh, I like Harry Connick Jr. He’s a cutie ;) ! Hope everything’s OK with your eye. Glad you liked Shred and have fun in the pool!

Connie – I love your “new normal” outlook. It’s also a very good way of looking at our weight loss journey. :thumbsup2

Ann – Get well soon wishes to your DS!

I’ve always wanted to go to Mall of America. No one else understands why I would be willing to fly to another state to go to a mall. I always say, it’s not just a mall – they have a roller coaster inside :eek: !

Good afternoon everyone. Today was supposed to be an off day, but I went to the Y and did the bike. Does anyone else have trouble taking vitamins? I have to have a completely full stomach or I feel like I'm going to heave. I try to take a multi-vitamin a couple times a week, in case I'm missing anything from being a vegetarian, but I'll tell you this morning I thought I had eaten enough, and still got so sick to my stomach. Yuck!
I have to take my vitamins in the middle of a meal – usually breakfast – if they are in my empty stomach for more than a minute my body is rejecting them and it’s even worse if I take them after I eat :sick: . I even had issues with the prenatal vitamins they gave me – I ended up having to take Flintstones chewables for the duration of my pregnancy because they were the only kind I could keep down. It took me years to get my process down as far as the vitamins go – the middle of a meal trick was kind of an accidental discovery. Probably more than you needed to know, but I hope I helped a little.

I’ve been in a much better mood since yesterday afternoon. I feel like I’m really back on track now. I even have a plan to get the rower I’ve been salivating over and I hope to have it in the next 3 to 4 weeks. I gave up on the elliptical because I couldn’t find one with a comfortable stride, and I was scared to spend all that money on a treadmill when I’m not sure I’ll even really like it. I remembered that I liked the rowing machines at the gym my family used to go to and my friend at work just raves about what a good workout they are, so I found a really good model on Amazon, got discouraged by the price and forgot about it until I had my bank situation earlier this week. I ended up having more in savings than I had thought, so once all the direct deposit stuff is settled, I’m going to order it. So excited!!! It looks like all that headache was worth it after all! :woohoo:

I feel like a teenager after having caught up with my old friend – and then his mom “friended” me too and said how much they had missed me. It made me feel really special that I had made an impact in someone’s life like that. It also made me realize that we really should share our feelings with the ones we care about more often, ‘cause you just never know. So… thank you to all my WISH friends – even though we’ve never met, the support and encouragement you all share is really special and means a lot to me! :flower3:

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Bree

Well I think I am finally packed. Tomorrow we fly to Orlando to board the 7 night Carnival Dream. We will be stopping at Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Isla Roatan. After the cruise we will be visiting Disney and staying at Old Key West for 7 nights. It's a long trip and I hope it goes real slow. I do not want time to fly.

We leave next Wednesday for a week at Disney followed by a 7 night cruise on the Norwegian Epic to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan :lmao: We're doing a week in Orlando after the cruise too :goodvibes I'm hoping our trip goes extra slow too:wizard:

Yesterday I ran to the grocery store with the kids... it was 100 degrees out and my DS-5 was shivering. When we got into the store, I grabbed a thermometer and took his temp. It was 103. He felt bad all day so I took him to the immediate care after dinner... he has strep. I have to try to keep the little kids separated today because DD-3 has a history of febrile seizures when she gets sick. :(

I haven't been running in almost three weeks. I couldn't run when my step-daughter was here because her mom accused me of using my step-daughter as a babysitter so I could run. So, I skipped running to keep peace between my husband, his ex-wife and their daughter. She is finally gone and I can start running again. I have 10 days before my surgery to run because I won't be able to run after my surgery for several weeks. I hope the weather cools down because this chick doesn't run if it is over 90 degrees. :)

My all time favorite show starts tonight. Big Brother 12. I cannot wait. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Taryn ~ :grouphug: :grouphug: Big ole hugs for you.

That's a tough one. I don't drink alcohol (6 years, 8 months and 20 days) and I don't drink pop/soda/soft drinks... the iced tea at Disney is crap and the water isn't great either. :confused3

We carry crystal light and add it to the Disney water, it makes it much easier to drink :thumbsup2

Hello everyone!

Sorry I have been AWOL for many days now. We went to the Cape for the 4th holiday and it was a bit busy before we left and I don't think I got on at all on Friday, so this is my first day back on in a week! I'm going to say sorry about any big news I missed, but I am NOT going back all those pages to catch up on the thread.

I had a pretty decent loss last week and was back within a pound of my recent all-time adult low, so at least I went into the weekend feeling good.

The Bad News.....Despite some pretty decent effort on my part, I did have a big gain over the weekend (actually it was about a 5 day holiday for us).

The Good News.... I managed to keep up my exercise while I was gone and did a new "longest run" despite the heat and humidity. Sunday morning I did a full 5 mile run. It was a great feeling when I was done, but honestly, even at 7:00 am it was at least in the mid-80's and very humid. I did 4 miles on Saturday, 5 miles on Sunday, and an "almost" 4 miles on Monday (probably closer to 3.5). I didn't run Tuesday because of the heat, but I was able to do some walking on the beach... I walked in about knee-deep water at low tide for some resistance.

I'm back now and back on track, both with eating and exercise. I did a 4 mile run this morning. It was going to be 5 miles, but the heat and humidity won. At about 3.5 miles I started wondering how long it would be for someone to find me when I passed out... so I figured it was time to be done!! :lmao:

I also tentatively agreed to run in my first race! A marathon relay in October. I told them I would do either a 3 mi, or 5 mi leg... but not the 6 mi. Just not feeling ready for THAT! It's not official yet, but I probably will do it.

Glad to be back and glad to be back on track. TTYL.........P

Hi everyone,
It's the same old story here: I wrote a reply last night and then...my browser froze so here I go, starting again.

I've been MIA a LOT this challenge, but I have finally caught the QOTD archive back up to date...again. Some good questions! I moved the questions from the first month of the challenge down into the regular archives below the first message and we are into JULY!!! I can't believe it.

I haven't been completely MIA - at least I've continued to send my weight to Shannon and am hanging around in that nebulous, boring but pleasant "maintain zone." It's so silly, I know, but I do still miss the "thrill of losing" even after 6 months of maintaining. :sad2: Maintaining is great, but there's not as much excitement, that is for sure.

I am almost done with my YMCA "Lazyman" Triathlon now. I did the last swimming this morning and only have 15 more bike miles to accomplish before July 15. Which should be completely doable, even for me and even given everything I need to do in the next week.

A few QOTD:

7/7 Wednesday QOTD: What is your favorite Disney song? You know the one that plays and you can't help but think of your last Disney vacation.

That music that they play in Future World in Epcot that sounds like....the future!

I am also a huge, Huge, HUGE fan of "Grim Grinning Ghosts." It always makes me think of the time we took my grandmother to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - super warm but seriously we had the best time.

7/8 Thursday QOTD: What Walt Disney World Beverage is not to be missed? I'd like to broaden my horizons and I've heard mention of frozen Margaritas, what else is out there that you just can't pass up?

At home and at Disney, I try not to drink too many of my calories - water is always my beverage of choice, but I have tried some good drinks at WDW over the years (especially before I buckled down about losing). Here is what I've found:

Oh, they have some good beverages. My all-time favorite is probably the Tangerine Slush you can get at the back of the Tangerine Cafe. You can get it with or without spirits as you prefer - it is wonderful either way!!!

I also loved the Peach Snapi at the Joy of Tea stand in China. That one is adults only, however.

I don't actually LOVE the flavor of the drink itself, but I am the one who has the tradition of getting a Welsh Dragon after a long WDW race - it revived my legs after the very last Minnie Marathon (15K) - I had done the 5K the day before and 15K was the farthest I'd ever gone at that point, so my legs were talking to me!

I really should not say this on a weight loss thread, but the adult milkshakes at the Sci Fi Dine-In are....outstanding. I shared one with DH last time we were there and it was very decadent.

Pamela - I just saw that you are signing on for your first race! Very exciting! You could definitely do the 6 mile by October if you are running 5 already, but I can appreciate that you would want a shorter distance as well. Who else are you running with?

And that reminds me - just have to say something about working out in all this heat and humidity - it's dangerous out there in many parts of the country right now, so even if it is stating the obvious, I want to urge everyone to be careful in your outdoor workouts!! This is not the time to push the envelope. Make sure you have enough hydration and electrolytes to see you through, and if you start to feel bad, dizzy, tunnel vision etc., slow down, stop, find some shade or call someone to pick you up. Be smart out there and take good care. :grouphug:

Hi everyone,
It's the same old story here: I wrote a reply last night and then...my browser froze so here I go, starting again.

I've been MIA a LOT this challenge, but I have finally caught the QOTD archive back up to date...again. Some good questions! I moved the questions from the first month of the challenge down into the regular archives below the first message and we are into JULY!!! I can't believe it.

I haven't been completely MIA - at least I've continued to send my weight to Shannon and am hanging around in that nebulous, boring but pleasant "maintain zone." It's so silly, I know, but I do still miss the "thrill of losing" even after 6 months of maintaining. :sad2: Maintaining is great, but there's not as much excitement, that is for sure.

I am almost done with my YMCA "Lazyman" Triathlon now. I did the last swimming this morning and only have 15 more bike miles to accomplish before July 15. Which should be completely doable, even for me and even given everything I need to do in the next week.

Pamela - I just saw that you are signing on for your first race! Very exciting! You could definitely do the 6 mile by October if you are running 5 already, but I can appreciate that you would want a shorter distance as well. Who else are you running with?

And that reminds me - just have to say something about working out in all this heat and humidity - it's dangerous out there in many parts of the country right now, so even if it is stating the obvious, I want to urge everyone to be careful in your outdoor workouts!! This is not the time to push the envelope. Make sure you have enough hydration and electrolytes to see you through, and if you start to feel bad, dizzy, tunnel vision etc., slow down, stop, find some shade or call someone to pick you up. Be smart out there and take good care. :grouphug:

Glad you are back on!!

I know I could, technically, run the 6 mi leg... but I didn't want that big a responsibility during a "team" event... especially for my first event ever! The race is in Falmouth, MA and I would be running with my niece, her husband and probably a few of her friends... not totally sure yet.

Thanks for the reminder about taking it easy during this crazy hot streak.... I love the weather but it doesn't love me when it comes to exercise time. TTYL...........P

But just picture herding around 8 80 year olds. One with a walker and one with a cane who is slower than molasses in january.

Had yoga last night and it was a little different than I have been doing. Really worked some muscles last night but I forgot to take some advil before I went to bed.
Oh, dona, what a day you had. Funny, if anyone can handle 8 80 year olds, it would be you. I'm sure the yoga felt great after your day.

Hey Kathy - I would love it if my DH would replace the toilet paper.
So funny. We were at a friends house this afternoon, and her husband did something goofy, so she said, "do you want him?", so I said, only if he changes the toilet paper on the roller, and she said, oh, god no.

I'm swamped at work, but since I do so much better when I've checked in here, I wanted to at least say "hi" and WISH you all a lovely day. I also wanted to report that despite the ridiculously complicated planning it required and the logistical nightmare of getting there and in the building and then through the shower, etc. afterwards, I did, in fact, go to the gym today to do a 20-30 minute uppper body workout. Tonight is water PT, so that will be the most exercise I've had in more than 6 1/2 weeks. :dance3:
Nice work, cam on getting to the gym. You are such an inspiration. How easy it would be to give up and not attempt it with all the planning it requires, and you got out there and did it. You are doing awesome!!

I am making a list of all the yummy beverages. We leave in 6 days for our trip, I need to know where to refuel ;)
6 days, you must be getting soooo excited. We leave in 7 weeks, and I'm already starting to get excited.

Well I think I am finally packed. Tomorrow we fly to Orlando to board the 7 night Carnival Dream. We will be stopping at Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Isla Roatan. After the cruise we will be visiting Disney and staying at Old Key West for 7 nights. It's a long trip and I hope it goes real slow. I do not want time to fly.
Have a wonderful, magical vacation!!

Yesterday I ran to the grocery store with the kids... it was 100 degrees out and my DS-5 was shivering. When we got into the store, I grabbed a thermometer and took his temp. It was 103. He felt bad all day so I took him to the immediate care after dinner... he has strep. I have to try to keep the little kids separated today because DD-3 has a history of febrile seizures when she gets sick. :(
So sorry your little guy is sick. I hope he's feeling better real soon.:hug:

I have had a good start to the day. I went out running this morning (only 2.85 miles but it was a start and I didn't have time for more because I had to tutor), had oatmeal for breakfast (haven't been eating my breakfast) and am on my 2nd big jug of water. We are planning on going to the Mall of America this afternoon so I know I will get a bunch of walking in today as well. We are planning on eating dinner there and I will have to pick carefully because I need to be back on track.
Nice work, getting back on track after vacation. I just got my cow prize, and want to thank you sooooo much for it. It is awesome!! I put a magnet and a dead last finish sign on my fridge, and a sticker on my computer monitor. It is so sweet of you to do that, and it totally made my day. I had just picked up michael at my brothers and almost ate a twinkie, but thought better of it, and when I got home, I thought I"m so glad I didn't eat that, and saw your envelope with "have a magical day" and was so excited. Thank you so much. :hug:
Good afternoon everyone. Today was supposed to be an off day, but I went to the Y and did the bike. Does anyone else have trouble taking vitamins? I have to have a completely full stomach or I feel like I'm going to heave. I try to take a multi-vitamin a couple times a week, in case I'm missing anything from being a vegetarian, but I'll tell you this morning I thought I had eaten enough, and still got so sick to my stomach. Yuck!
They do upset my stomach too if I haven't eaten a big meal, and then I'm burping them up for hours. I tend to buy them and will take them for a few weeks, and then forget. I do need to pick up some more, and give it another go. Thanks for the reminder.

I just did the Shred. Oh my gosh, I'm sweating profusely but I feel GREAT!! Now I'm off to get more exercise in the POOL!!!:)
Whoo hoo!!

I ran 4M today and it felt great! It was way too hot, but I wasn't about to bag it as long as I've waited! I'm going to get up earlier tomorrow for 10M, so it will be cooler. The scale seems to be in line. I've been just treading water. I'll either be the same, have a little gain, or a little loss this week. I think that's to be expected, but I'm already hoping to go down a lb or 2 next week. I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, so I'm hoping for at least one more run over the weekend. We're going to visit dh's cousin and family at their camp Saturday, so that may be a bust.
Nice job on the 4 miles. It does seem to be cooling off a bit here tonight.

DD has been sick for a week now, her fever was up to 102 and today it's almost been normal. She's just got the plain old flu...moving on to the congestion/cough/runny nose part. I had to work a concert all day Tuesday and cried leaving her at home alone at 9:30. :( Fortunately dh came home at 2:30, and a friend of dd's came over before that and they watched the Tink movies.
:hug: So sorry your dd is sick, and it's so hard to have to leave them when they are sick, no matter how old they get. We've missed you around here. I hope she's feeling better soon and that you're doing ok. :hug:

It also made me realize that we really should share our feelings with the ones we care about more often, ‘cause you just never know. So… thank you to all my WISH friends – even though we’ve never met, the support and encouragement you all share is really special and means a lot to me! :flower3:
This is so very true. I honestly don't know what I would do without the support of this group.:hug: You guys all are so awesome.

I also tentatively agreed to run in my first race! A marathon relay in October. I told them I would do either a 3 mi, or 5 mi leg... but not the 6 mi. Just not feeling ready for THAT! It's not official yet, but I probably will do it.
Welcome back, and a big congratulations on scheduling your first race!!!! It is an awesome feeling, though scary at first. YOu can do it, and will do amazing.:woohoo:

Maintaining is great, and you should be proud of how far you have come. I can understand that it's not as exciting when you are losing, but man I wish I was there with you.;)

Well, I just signed up for my second 5k this sunday! I had been thinking I wanted to find one for the end of summer, and my friend today asked if I'd be interested in doing one this weekend that she wanted to do. I was initially, like no, I can't do that, it's not enough time to psych myself up for it, but then I said why not? I did say I needed to look at last years results, to know I wouldn't be the last one 15 minutes behind everyone else. So we registered, and I'm doing it. My first one was all women, so this will be different, and about twice as many runners as my other race.

Now as for part 2 of the cow- the disney princess is definintely my big motivator right now. I really want to train and run that, and if I'm going to invest the money into it, I want to be ready for it. In order to be ready, I need to be able to run longer and faster than I am now, and I know that losing this weight is going to make that easier, so that is my big motivator. I'll have to recheck the cow post, because that might have been last weeks cow part 2.

Have a great night.:)

We leave next Wednesday for a week at Disney followed by a 7 night cruise on the Norwegian Epic to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan :lmao: We're doing a week in Orlando after the cruise too :goodvibes I'm hoping our trip goes extra slow too:wizard:

The Norwegian Epic was here in New York last week, it looks absolutely amazing. I love the ice bar. Have a blast!!!!!

It's the night before vacation and I feel like a swollen tick right now. I know I've gained a few pounds this week probably due to my cycle, but this is ridiculous. I'm sitting here right now feeling like I've gained it all back and it's just gonna keep adding up over a 2 week vacation. I know it's not as bad as I'm thinking, but I have to try to get myself out of this funk.

Spent 20 minutes deleting, responding, and I had too many images and lost it all!!!!!!!:badpc: There's an image for you! :mad: And another.

OMG! A LapuLapu. Definitely.
Taryn -- I'm sorry you are so stressed. I'm glad, at least, that you have a couple of weeks to adjust and to hopefully figure out some of the logistics. I WISH I lived closer so I could at least offer to help once in a while. I also wanted to report that despite the ridiculously complicated planning it required and the logistical nightmare of getting there and in the building and then through the shower, etc. afterwards, I did, in fact, go to the gym today to do a 20-30 minute uppper body workout.

Thanks so much, I wish you lived closer, too! I also wish we could meet for a lapu lapu sometime! So excited you got to work out, and it humbles me what you have to go through to exercise, and yet you are so dedicated.

Here's to loongg days! Enjoy each and every moment! Sunscreen and water!

The point is, it's all survivable. Being particularly averse to change in my own life, my way of dealing is to try to accept the change as my "new normal".

Survivable is a good word! I did chunk this a bit, and realized I can ease into it with workdays, then actual school, then only 1 day a week for gymnastics for a few weeks since we go back so much earlier and everyone else is still on morning workouts, then class starts, so only 1 month of the whole shebang!

He felt bad all day so I took him to the immediate care after dinner... he has strep. I hope the weather cools down because this chick doesn't run if it is over 90 degrees. :

That's a tough one. I don't drink alcohol (6 years, 8 months and 20 days) and I don't drink pop/soda/soft drinks... the iced tea at Disney is crap and the water isn't great either. :confused3

Lots to comment on here: 1. Have you mentioned what kind of surgery you are having? If so, I missed it. If not, and you don't plan to, tell me to shut up!
2. Hope DS gets well soon, and DD doesn't get sick!
3. I don't run when it's over 90, and have a hard time over 80!
4. By the way you commented on alcohol, just had to send a :hug: and a :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say hi to you! Congrats on gettin back on track!

. Can you take a break from grad school until things get back to normal? Can you hire a house cleaner to even come in every other week for a few months? Can you push your younger daughter in a stroller during gymnastics?

It was a relief to know we can run in the heat. It was brutal, but I felt ok afterwards. Last year in October when we were at WDW they had record breaking temps everyday.Have a great day!

Please be careful in the heat. And I wish I could take a break, but the school system is paying for it, so I have to take the classes as they are offered. If DD2's preschool she'll be starting for 2 mornings a week isn't too expensive, I might hire someone just for August and September. Dh will get a raise for the time he's on 3rd, I think I know how to spend it! HA!HA!

They used to offer Gold Peak Iced Tea (a serious yum!), but now they've switched to Nestea, and that not the same :sad2: I am just shy of a teatotaller, and I don't drink before or right after a race, so that's when I tend to be at Disney.

Taryn -- I can't offer any better advice than you have already received.

Sometimes the hugs and listening are better! Thanks for letting me vent. And I wanted to share that they had Gold Peak in 4 flavors the CR mug refill station, and at Pop last summer. I don't drink much either, but, I have to have at least 1 lapu lapu and 1 glass of wine there, which is more than I have in the 3 months prior!

I'm lurking, I don't have anything positive to contribute so I'm just reading.

Just your presence is positive, I can always count on you! Hope DD feels better soon!

Taryn Thank you! And it worked too, I was up this morning at 6:30 ready to go, despite the fact the I had only gotten to sleep about 4 and a half hours before… I should have set this up a while ago! Sorry to hear about your DH’s work situation. You helped me tremendously when I was freaking out a few weeks ago and I wish there was some way to return the favor. All I can say is that I have confidence that you will overcome this challenge. Make a plan, do the best you can, and remember to breathe. I like Jen’s idea about setting some rewards for yourself too.

I’ve been in a much better mood since yesterday afternoon. I feel like I’m really back on track now. I even have a plan to get the rower I’ve been salivating over and I hope to have it in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Bree

Wow girl - Man, memories, motivation, and money! I wanna dip my hand in your M&M bag!

I'm back now and back on track, both with eating and exercise. I did a 4 mile run this morning. It was going to be 5 miles, but the heat and humidity won. At about 3.5 miles I started wondering how long it would be for someone to find me when I passed out... so I figured it was time to be done!!

Be careful in the heat! And congrats on settling on a race!

And that reminds me - just have to say something about working out in all this heat and humidity - it's dangerous out there in many parts of the country right now, so even if it is stating the obvious, I want to urge everyone to be careful in your outdoor workouts!! This is not the time to push the envelope. Make sure you have enough hydration and electrolytes to see you through, and if you start to feel bad, dizzy, tunnel vision etc., slow down, stop, find some shade or call someone to pick you up. Be smart out there and take good care.

Requoting, as this is important! Thanks for the reminder, it's been 100 here, and where DH works there is no A/C. They had 3 people pass out yesterday! He didn't drink enough water today, and felt really, really bad when he got home. BE CAREFUL and DRINK YOUR WATER! No run or walk is worth it!

OK, I've got Big Brother on now. Haven't watched it in 9 years, I got sucked in when DD1 was 1, didn't like the cast the next year, so Ihaven't watched it since!

Let's hope this one goes through. HAve a good night everyone!
Taryn

COW Part 2

I feel like I have lost my motivation this last few weeks. The summer is almost all planned out and there is no going away for me. Dh is going to the Boy Scout Jambo and Ds1 is going to DW with his gf. Ds2 is not going any where but I think he is planning to go away during winter break. No place for me to go. I know pity party but I am trying to get out of it.

I think by coaching this week should help with getting my motivation back.

HAve a nice evening anyone. My question will be up early tomorrow morning.

Hello Everyone!

I am having a hard time posting tonight. I guess my posts like to go poof. :goodvibes to myself that this attempt will be successful.

Today was a good day. I started the morning off with 45 minutes on the Wii Fit+ and balance board. It was a really great workout. I drank 10 glasses of water today. I have a feeling I'm going to wake up a few times during the night. I needed the water, so it's worth it. Eating was also good for the day. I am doing better journaling, but I need to be even better about it.

I went to the library today and checked out some health/exercise magazines and books. I am hoping for a few good ideas for recipes and workout routines. I would love to continue to lose at my current rate.

Good luck with weigh-in tomorrow and :hug: to all those struggling! Also, have a great day tomorrow! :)

CC

Good evening friends!

Been a pretty good day. I ate pretty well today. I made some teriyaki chicken thighs for supper with some potatoes and veggies. I had a bowl of ice cream after lunch and had my handful of Ms! I walked 2 1/2 miles and jogged 1/2 mile this morning. This afternoon after I ate badly I did the 5 mile WATP! The only thing I missed was that in this one she doesn't use hand weights. I'll have to try and incorporate them somehow. I felt good afterwards!

Tomorrow I will be getting up and walking 3 miles with my neighbor and then walking another 2-3 with my mom. I have to go and cover the desk at work from 9-1 and then I can come home and get in another workout. Temperature is supposed to be a bit lower tomorrow but still humid. My abs are sore from my workout as I was really trying to tighten them. I need to take some Motrin before I go to bed! Drinking the last of my water for the day.

Unfortunately I'm almost positive that I will have a gain for the week unless I can lose 3 pounds over night. I plan on doing more WATP next week. I will probably alternate between a 3, 4, and 5 mile workout to boost my weight loss since I've not been doing as much. I need to get back to using the hand weights as well.

Think I'll get into bed and read for a bit. DD1 and I are reading/listening to Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett. It's on her summer reading list for school and I had it so I picked up the audiobook too. It's quite captivating.

Enjoy the rest of your night!

Did I miss the COW results from this week?

I haven't been running in almost three weeks. I couldn't run when my step-daughter was here because her mom accused me of using my step-daughter as a babysitter so I could run. So, I skipped running to keep peace between my husband, his ex-wife and their daughter. She is finally gone and I can start running again. I have 10 days before my surgery to run because I won't be able to run after my surgery for several weeks. I hope the weather cools down because this chick doesn't run if it is over 90 degrees. :)

My all time favorite show starts tonight. Big Brother 12. I cannot wait. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Taryn ~ :grouphug: :grouphug: Big ole hugs for you.

I hope Lowie is feeling better today and Pi doesn't catch it! OOohhh..what about bottomless milkshake at Whispering Canyon Cafe....while it isn't very good for you, it sure tastes good! :rotfl2:

My personal preference is the Mangogingerita (at china pavilion) and the Tea cart during food and wine festival in England is awesome! I wish it was there year round.

Glad you got a run in Maria.:banana:

Hi Rose :goodvibes I'm lurking, I don't have anything positive to contribute so I'm just reading. :) I did mean to tell you that there have always been more adults than kids at the Dis meets here so no worries.

Glad you're ok, and hope dd is feeling better soon!:goodvibes

Bree and Kathy--thanks for sharing about the vitamins. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Kathy--good luck on Saturday!

Pamela--welcome back! That's exciting about the relay. I think you will love it!:goodvibes

The Norwegian Epic was here in New York last week, it looks absolutely amazing. I love the ice bar. Have a blast!!!!!

It's the night before vacation and I feel like a swollen tick right now. I know I've gained a few pounds this week probably due to my cycle, but this is ridiculous. I'm sitting here right now feeling like I've gained it all back and it's just gonna keep adding up over a 2 week vacation. I know it's not as bad as I'm thinking, but I have to try to get myself out of this funk.

:hug: I know you're going to have a great trip!

Please be careful in the heat. And I wish I could take a break, but the school system is paying for it, so I have to take the classes as they are offered. If DD2's preschool she'll be starting for 2 mornings a week isn't too expensive, I might hire someone just for August and September. Dh will get a raise for the time he's on 3rd, I think I know how to spend it! HA!HA!
That sounds like a good plan! I hope you are feeling better about things. I'm sorry if I came across as preachy. I spent so many years feeling like I needed to be the perfect everything, and mostly feeling guilty when I wasn't. Hang in there.:goodvibes

And we are very careful in the heat. I definitely wouldn't even try this if we hadn't been doing it all spring. I hydrate really well on the days we run and take endurolytes before and after. We were over a minute per mile slower this week and that really helped I think. I felt in better shape at the end than on the days we run/walk. Our weather is supposed to break for few days so we should have a good weekend run.

Dona--:hug: I just thought you needed a hug.

I am kind of glad today is over. Nothing really bad, but nothing really went right either. Traffic was terrible--50 minutes to go about 3 miles this afternoon, I had a rotten experience at Kohl's and I feel really cranky/out of whack. The only good thing is I cooked dinner rather than eat out, so I feel good about that.

And if anyone like classic rock/ southern rock, at strength class yesterday she played a cd with these kind of songs redone in a slightly hyped up away. I downloaded a couple and can't wait to run to them. From i-tunes type in flex 70s and it should come up.

Have a nice evening!
Rose

It's been fun coaching this week. I hope you all have amazing weigh ins tomorrow :wizard::wizard:

Life has been crazy for a week, and the scale will be ugly tomorrow.

I left town last Wed and got back home about 11:30 Monday night. Had a great trip with lots of activity (walking/hiking :goodvibes). But we were so busy, there was too many fast food meals. I'm excited that I got a new pair of running shoes, but haven't made/found time to test them out yet. That will definitely happen soon, but not tomorrow.

Its ladies movie night tomorrow, as a group of ladies are going out for dinner and then to see the latest Twilight movie. Spent some time tonight tidying up, and still haven't finished unpacking. I've got a new babysitter coming to stay with my girls so I can leave before DH gets home, and hate to have a sitter in when the house is a pigsty, so getting my exercise doing housework.

I haven't been able to get on here and actually get caught up, but hopefully I can at least stay active moving forward.:goodvibes

Today was a good day. I started the morning off with 45 minutes on the Wii Fit+ and balance board. It was a really great workout. I drank 10 glasses of water today. I have a feeling I'm going to wake up a few times during the night. I needed the water, so it's worth it. Eating was also good for the day. I am doing better journaling, but I need to be even better about it.
CC

I am so proud of you CC! You've come so far this challenge, your positive attitude is just shining out! Good job girl! :goodvibes

Tomorrow I will be getting up and walking 3 miles with my neighbor and then walking another 2-3 with my mom. I have to go and cover the desk at work from 9-1 and then I can come home and get in another workout. Temperature is supposed to be a bit lower tomorrow but still humid. My abs are sore from my workout as I was really trying to tighten them. I need to take some Motrin before I go to bed! Drinking the last of my water for the day.

Think I'll get into bed and read for a bit. DD1 and I are reading/listening to Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett.

Just checked out the info on that book. DD doesn't love reading, and I'm always on the lookout for new material that might interest her. Sounds interesting! Does it get scary? She's a real scaredy cat, and doesn't really like anything that gets remotely on edge!

How does the WATP work abs? Might be something different to add in to my regime.

That sounds like a good plan! I hope you are feeling better about things. I'm sorry if I came across as preachy. And we are very careful in the heat.And if anyone like classic rock/ southern rock, at strength class yesterday she played a cd with these kind of songs redone in a slightly hyped up away.

You didn't sound preachy at all, hon! In fact, I need the reminder that I can't be and do everything. I do feel guilty about it often! Hope I wasn't too preachy about the heat, DH had just been telling me about all the people at work passing out, one narrowly missing hitting her head on a machine, and I was in preachy mode myself! I listened to some of the songs, slighty hyped up? It sounds like instead of smoking pot, they took speed. :laughing: WHEW! Especially Sweet Home Alabama!

It's been fun coaching this week. I hope you all have amazing weigh ins tomorrow

Thanks for coaching! I've loved all the Disney stuff! Enjoy your trip!

Its ladies movie night tomorrow, as a group of ladies are going out for dinner and then to see the latest Twilight movie.

I haven't been able to get on here and actually get caught up, but hopefully I can at least stay active moving forward.:goodvibes

Glad you are back, and have a great time with your ladies night!

Another novel ahead!

Morning all! I get a 50 lb clippie, down 4 this week! :cool1::banana: I am one pound from where I was on the last day of school, I've lost 7 of the WDW lbs. I have to average 2.5 loss a week to meet my goal for my birthday, so I am on track! If I sneak in an extra .5 somewhere in there, I'll end this challenge in the normal BMI category. (Anyone else do crazy numbers stuff like this?)

Even without extreme exercise in the hour range this week, I've figured somethings out, I'll share to see if they help anyone else. Unsweetened ice tea, lots of fruit, lots of water, and I've been consuming most of my calories between noon and 4. For some reason, I have been starving, and eating everything in sight in that time frame. I haven't been hungry at dinner, so just a bite with the family. I'm going to try to keep that up.

More drama in our house. DD's mouth has gotten out of control, sassy stuff. We've been on her so hard, and last night she really lost control. It was a nasty night. We took away her ipod touch, and I started looking through it. She's done some internet things we don't like, like getting a Twitter acct to keep up with Justin Biber, talking to people she doesn't know, and then befriending them. SHE EVEN SENT ONE A PICTURE! We really lost it. I found some internet scary stories to share with her today. I've preached this so much, but she just didn't get it. "Mom, I know she's a girl. She talks like one." She blew up over us looking through her messages "that's my private life" Uh. honey. You don't have a private life. Not anymore. Ipod is gone for a while, internet use will be restricted to the computer in the den and monitored, and her tv is gone. How am I going to make it through the teen years????????:scared1: Any BTDT advice?

My second summer grad class starts tonight, and the professor hasn't been in contact. Since this cohort is a little different, we've been relying on the professors to contact us w/ meeting times, place (local high school), and putting everything on the web. NOTHING! She won't respond to emails, so we all just decided where we are going to meet, sent it to her, and hope she shows. I've got a bad feeling about this!

Off to pm my weight, and get my clippie! :yay: Hope everyone has successes on the scale, and a happy TGIF!

Taryn!

Morning Everyone!

Taryn-thank you, thank you, thank you! I am not a mother, but I can tell you that I did a few things my parents would have not been happy with. Actually, it's a good thing they found out about 1 of them when I was in college. Part of it is growing up, but you are so right. DD1 does not get that much privacy yet. When I was her age, we didn't have Twitter, etc. I don't even think I had an e-mail address yet. Things are so different now. I couldn't imagine being a mom to a tween right now. :hug:

Now, for some more positive. Taryn started the morning off and congrats to you! I am going to add to her. I woke up this morning 7+ pounds lighter than yesterday. I am down 16.5 pounds for the week. I thought it was outrageous, too. I checked the Wii again and got a similar result the second time. My goal last week was not to be the biggest gainer followed by the biggest loser so I asked to be excused. I have a feeling I didn't achieve my goal. I am still down almost 10 pounds from my last reported weigh-in 2 weeks ago. As bizarre as this may sound, I think I wasn't eating enough salt. It's as if my body actually needs it to lose.

I actually need to go. I had hoped to write more, but I must eat breakfast and head off to work.

Have a great day everyone!

Did I miss the COW results from this week?

Nope...you did not miss it...I did! :rotfl2: Went to the Mall of America yesterday and stayed late and then came home and talked with my sister and a friend forever. Thought I was going to post all the COW stuff and then FELL ASLEEP!

So sorry everyone...it will be posted in just a minute. I had already tallied everything yesterday and drew our winners so I just have to type a few things up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter