Better to book 2021 or 2022?

colleenwhatley

Earning My Ears
Like many others my family and I want to take advantage of celebrating the 50th anniversary at Walt Disney World. We don't care if we're there the actual anniversary date of October 1, 2021 as we know that it will be extremely crowded then. We typically like to travel to the parks in February.

We are wondering if the 50th anniversary celebrations will be taking place for the entire calendar year of 2021 or would we be better off going in February 2022 since technically the "50th year" will be kicked off on October 1, 2021 and run through 2022. Just want to make the most of any 50th anniversary celebrations :)

I reallllyyyy wanted to go in 2021 ( my husband and I have a loose plan for next September ) BUT I'd like to go when it's not so crowded. So we're open to moving it to 2022 if the crowd calendars seem out of control. I know it will always be crowded to a certain level but we also want to enjoy our time and not fight major crowds.

Nobody knows. Nothing has been announced. Perhaps wait until they announce what they plan to do and book from there.

I reallllyyyy wanted to go in 2021 ( my husband and I have a loose plan for next September ) BUT I'd like to go when it's not so crowded. So we're open to moving it to 2022 if the crowd calendars seem out of control. I know it will always be crowded to a certain level but we also want to enjoy our time and not fight major crowds.
It will not be crowded in September of 2021 or 2022 or for the foreseeable future.

Disney has done everything they can think of for a long time to draw crowds into the September timeframe and people just don’t want to take their kids out of school immediately after they go back.

Not to mention it’s the peak of hurricane season and before the summer heat starts to abate.

Great time to avoid crowds. Highly recommended.

I'd say if you want the full experience go for 2022 as once the park reopens this summer/fall it will most likely be phased due to social distance guidelines, staffing, finances, other factors
I don't think the parks will be 100% until sometime between the 50th Anniversary -early 2022

If I were you I would probably book 2021 and then as we get closer and see what the parks are like, how Disney handles the new post-Corona world, etc. I would then re-evaluate whether a 2021 trip is what you want or if 2022 would be better.

I'd say if you want the full experience go for 2022 as once the park reopens this summer/fall it will most likely be phased due to social distance guidelines, staffing, finances, other factors
I don't think the parks will be 100% until sometime between the 50th Anniversary -early 2022
If I were you I would probably book 2021 and then as we get closer and see what the parks are like, how Disney handles the new post-Corona world, etc. I would then re-evaluate whether a 2021 trip is what you want or if 2022 would be better.
I don't go to Disney as frequently as many on here. We went on our first family trip in October 2018. Our plan was to return in June/July 2021. Now I am not sure if we are still going to try that or wait until summer 2022. I am going to wait and see what happens with the virus 🙁

Given all that has happened, I expect to see construction pushed back and some of the rides and attractions planned for the 50th to be delayed.
If those are important to you, then going 2022 would be better.
I would agree that I would expect crowds in September to be lighter.

I think it will all depende of when the parks open. I will see by then how are my finances and how are the park crowds

If our July trip gets cancelled (and I’m thinking at this point it will), I convinced my husband to buy an annual pass to use before our Disney Cruise next April, then my birthday weekend in May. Hopefully another trip for a Christmas or Halloween party and then for a February 2022 trip. I mean this is as long as our finances are ok and his business picks up again like he thinks it will.
So I’d go both 2021 and 2022 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter