Beth's WDW Countdown Weight Loss Journal, Goal: Lose 50 lbs by Feb 2016 with My Fitness Pal & Fitbit

Sounds like you are doing great! I have a Monday weigh-in day as well and also wonder if it is a mistake. I know that it makes no difference over time but my eating is always less restrained on the weekends. I'm OK with that but it is sometimes a little frustrating on Monday mornings since I'm a daily weigher but a weekly recorder.

Following along!
I got a Fitbit back in June and have been recording my meals on MFP. I fell off the wagon pretty hard a couple weeks ago but jumped back on Monday! I only get 1200 calories from MFP so it makes it hard sometimes.

Thanks for following along. :wave2: I love my Fitbit, it really reminds me to move. My life has gotten so sedentary over the years. MFP only gives me 1300-some calories and I would never make it if I didn't eat about four or five hundred more, usually earned with exercise.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, you too!

Sounds like you are doing great! I have a Monday weigh-in day as well and also wonder if it is a mistake. I know that it makes no difference over time but my eating is always less restrained on the weekends. I'm OK with that but it is sometimes a little frustrating on Monday mornings since I'm a daily weigher but a weekly recorder.

I'm planning on a "cheat meal" once a week, either Saturday or Sunday, where I eat whatever I'm craving and don't worry about the calories so that's why I'm thinking about changing my weigh-in day. I don't want to eat a Chipotle burrito as big as my head the night before weigh-in :laughing: That way if I'm craving something really bad during the week that I can't fit into the day, I'll make a note/promise myself I can have it in a few days, treating myself on the weekend guilt-free. Plus I'll have the rest of the week to work it off and hopefully a little bit more. Weight loss might be a little bit slower, but I feel like overall it will help keep me on track.

I'm a daily weigher, weekly recorder too!

Great plan to have a planned splurge! It will definitely keep you more on track the rest of the week. I also weigh myself daily and also record daily. For me, this works. It's shocking how fast a huge calorie meal shows up on my scale, but it helps keep me behaving myself for the next few days so that the temporary weight comes off quickly and my overall weight range stays stable. Once you hit your target goal, aim to stay within a range of 2-3 pounds. Watch out recording your weight the day after eating something like Chipotle, which has a lot of sodium. The scale may reflect water retention not actual weight gain, but is discouraging nonetheless. Hope you have a great day!

Keep up the hard work! There will be some tough days ahead but keep your goal in mind and you can do it. Glad that you are sharing your story as it will inspire others to do the same. Keep us posted and keep it up. You definitely can do it!

Great plan to have a planned splurge! It will definitely keep you more on track the rest of the week. I also weigh myself daily and also record daily. For me, this works. It's shocking how fast a huge calorie meal shows up on my scale, but it helps keep me behaving myself for the next few days so that the temporary weight comes off quickly and my overall weight range stays stable. Once you hit your target goal, aim to stay within a range of 2-3 pounds. Watch out recording your weight the day after eating something like Chipotle, which has a lot of sodium. The scale may reflect water retention not actual weight gain, but is discouraging nonetheless. Hope you have a great day!

Keep up the hard work! There will be some tough days ahead but keep your goal in mind and you can do it. Glad that you are sharing your story as it will inspire others to do the same. Keep us posted and keep it up. You definitely can do it!

Thank you both so much!

Day 10 of 224, Wed 7/1

Logged all my food in MFP and ate all my exercise calories. I was spot on with my calories until I got up for a midnight snack! Actually I got up to turn up the thermostat because I was too cold and then I took a banana bread bar (140 cal) back to bed. Then I woke up a couple hours later too hot and went back downstairs, turned the thermostat back down and then took another one! I don't even really remember eating the second one! Ended up about 250 calories over. I'm a bit annoyed with myself for midnight snacking because I don't really think I was hungry, maybe thirsty? Not a huge deal, but definitely don't want to make a habit of that.

Took 7,792 steps today. Today was my first morning walking probably since I started 10 days ago. I was proud of myself for getting up "early." I'm not much a morning person, never have been. I'm still trying to figure out how to be a morning person and a night owl because I like both. :) It was so nice seeing over 6,000 steps on my Fitbit within a couple hours of getting up. Too hot though. Planning on getting up even earlier tomorrow. Foot's still a little bit sore at the end of the walk but nothing like it was. I'm keeping an eye on it though.

Also did my first 20 minutes Pilates workout for the DIS WISH Simba July weight loss challenge. My goal is 14 Pilates workouts for the month. I reminded myself before the workout to go at my own pace so I don't get overwhelmed. It'll be quite some time until I can do the exercises "perfectly." Felt great after finishing. Good length for me. I definitely had to use a few of the mods suggested to be a little easier on my neck until I get stronger.

250 calories shouldn't create a problem. You can even the calories out over the next few days. It takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound. I have an AM workout schedule also and it really helps to start the day off right. Keep up the good work!

Day 11 of 224, Thurs 7/2

Logged all my food in MFP. Spot on with my calories today although I think I ate less veggies today. We pretty much ran out of everything all at once which doesn't usually happen. Have to hit all 3 stores tomorrow to restock. On a holiday weekend and a Friday, should be fun...not. Today was probably the first day since I started where my hunger stayed in check. I think my stomach, body & brain are getting used to how it's going to be from now on and not fighting me as much, at least I hope so. Ate just about 1800 calories.

Took 10,112 steps today. Got up earlier today and went for our walk 1 1/2 hours earlier than yesterday and I swear it was hotter! We practically died in the heat. At 845a! Ridiculous! It's not actually the heat, it's the sun, it's brutal. Sucks all the energy from your body. It's really weird. The shady parts, although rare, were actually quite nice even though warm. But we pushed through, doing all four sections which gets me around 8,800 steps. DH was a little bit grumpy but I don't blame him at all. We took 2 shady ice water breaks. I'm proud of us for pushing through the whole thing. The way our walk is we could cut a straight line home pretty much at any point but we pushed through to the end. The highlight of the walk though was when we walked behind the movie theater and there was a spilled bucket of popcorn. I let puppy munch about 1/2 a cup before pulling her away and she was a happy camper after that, I swear her tail was wagging more.

After our walk, puppy and I passed out in bed and napped for 2 hours recouping from the walk/sun and maybe from getting up earlier and not getting full nights of sleep. I think sleep is a important part of weight loss so I'll have to try harder to make sure I'm getting enough. It's usually only an issue when we walk in the mornings. We'll probably have to walk in the evenings again though for now, at least until this heatwave passes except maybe the 4th. I don't want to walk around the neighborhood when everyone is setting off their fireworks.

I've officially decided to change my weigh-in day to Saturday so I'll post Week 2 results sometime Saturday.

I hope everyone has a happy & safe 4th weekend!

Your are correct that sleep is critical for weight loss amongst other things. Keep up the good work!

Day 12 of 224, Fri 7/3

Logged all my food in MFP. Probably the only day since I started that I didn't eat most, all or more than my exercise calories but I was soooo tired I went to bed really early. If I had stayed up until the usual time I'm sure I would have had another meal or snack. Ended the day at 1547 calories. I usually eat between 1800-2000.

Took 10,071 steps today. Walked in the evening and the weather was very pleasant, such a nice relief after the previous day. But...my feet were in terrible shape at the end of the walk. Both feet were painful, the first blister was re-damaged and I started getting a blister on the second foot. This didn't happen to me last Dec/Jan when I walked over 10,000 steps every day for 6 weeks to prepare for our trip to WDW. I had no problems with my feet whatsoever. I've already changed shoes, so I'm starting to think that maybe it's the heat, friction, sweat, whatever creating painful blisters. It's frustrating because I want.to.walk. I feel like I'm in a good place right now where I'm motivated and I have a good plan. I really want to succeed but I'm definitely being challenged. I love walking, it's by far my favorite form of activity but I'll be taking another break to give my feet, er, a break. My tentative plan is take an exercise break tomorrow except for an overdue Pilates workout and then for the remaining six days of the week do a Richard Simmons DVD workout or something like that. I don't really like aerobic workouts like that but I have to do something so I'll suck it up.

Lastly, we finally restocked the house today with lots of veggies, fruits, lean meats, etc., thank goodness! We ran out of everything all at once, which doesn't usually happen, a very dangerous position to put one's self in when trying to lose weight. I'm planning some big salads this week, as big as my head, so yummy and perfect for summer. I haven't made a Cobb salad or a BBQ chicken salad in so long and can't wait.

Week 2* Weigh-In Results

Lost 4.6 lbs this week
Down to 250.4

I'm a little bit leery of such a big loss for such a short week. That's what I would expect for a Week 1. Maybe my body is catching up, I'm not sure. Clearly I was holding onto quite a bit of water. My plan for the coming week is to hopefully maintain that loss by doing exactly what I did this week.

7.4/50.8 pounds lost

212 days til Disney!!

*Week 2 consists of only 5 days as I changed my weigh-in day from Monday to Saturday

Day 13 of 224, Sat 7/4

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate a light lunch so I could eat a bigger dinner and it was delicious. Totally worth it. Ended the day at 1748 calories which was more than my allotment plus exercise calories earned.

Took 1,527 steps today. Terrible number. I wanted to go walking outside but I'm giving my feet another break, a chance to heal. They actually feel okay compared to yesterday but don't look great. So I took a walking break today and probably for the rest of week, instead planning on doing low-impact aerobics like Richard Simmons or Leslie Sansone on YouTube starting tomorrow. I ended up doing nothing today except my 2nd 20 minute Pilates workout of the month. Whoa, it was almost harder than the first time. My ab muscles felt tender and shaky. Hopefully by the end of the month, they'll be much stronger. I lost a lot of my core strength a few years ago when I had a big weight gain and I'm looking forward to getting it back.

I hope everyone had a great 4th.

Day 14 of 224, Sun 7/5

Logged all my food in MFP, although the 2nd half, not until the next morning. I had a very light lunch in anticipation for my cheat meal which I have been looking forward to all week. The light meal would have been perfect, and it was, except that I ended up eating my cheat meal much later than planned and was starving, borderline hangry by the time we sat down to dinner. I have noticed that I can go much longer between meals now, before I would get shaky, sweaty and weird, but not so much now. Anyway, the cheat meal was just so-so. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll continue that. I thought it would be a fun way to splurge but still lose but I just ended up feeling guilty and gross. I think part of it is because I'm not exercising as much but I also think part of it is because I'm getting used to less food and not being overfull all the time like I always was before. I think I'm just going to treat myself here and there like I have been but reasonable portions. I feel a lot better than way, physically and mentally. Ate 3010 calories today.

Took 1,000 steps today. I was cleaning up the kitchen when it reset so I didn't know how much until the next day. Last I saw it was 800-some. But being exactly 1,000 made me laugh. Two terrible numbers in two days though. I told myself I was going to do an exercise video but I pretty much lied to myself. I checked out some Richard Simmons & Leslie Sansone videos on YouTube. I was pleased to see how much great free content there is but immediately nixed Richard Simmons, it just seemed so dated although I like the idea of an overall body workout. I was going to do the Leslie Sansone 3 mile walk but I don't know... I should have maybe aimed for the 1 or 2 miler, at least it would have been something. It's weird, I'd rather walk an hour and a half outside than do a 45 minute exercise video. I miss walking already, seeing the steps on my Fitbit and earning & eating exercise calories. If I have many more days like the last two, it will definitely start showing on the scale. I am planning on a very short walk tomorrow evening to see how it goes.

Still figuring stuff out. I feel like I'm always saying that... :)

Sounds like you are doing great! Sorry your feet are still bothering you; blisters are the worst. I agree that cheat/splurge meals just don't seem as worth it. Even though it has been only a few weeks, my stomach can't seem to handle a big meal. I start to get really full really fast. Of course I'm hungry again just a few hours later.

Sounds like you are doing great! Sorry your feet are still bothering you; blisters are the worst. I agree that cheat/splurge meals just don't seem as worth it. Even though it has been only a few weeks, my stomach can't seem to handle a big meal. I start to get really full really fast. Of course I'm hungry again just a few hours later.

That is a good sign actually. You aren't overeating so your tummy is hungry sooner. It is perfectly ok to eat five smaller meals per day instead of three large ones. I actually try to eat every 2-3 hours so that I'm never approaching a meal being overly hungry. As you get smaller, you will learn the little tricks needed to keep that weight in check.

Day 15 of 224, Mon 7/6

Logged all my food in MFP. Ended the day with 1626 calories which was slightly over the exercise calories earned.

Took 5,261 steps today. I'm very happy with that number after the past two days of very little steps. I ditched the idea of doing aerobics videos this week because they're just not a good fit for me, walking is and my feet feel fine (although they don't look great). So I tried walking outside again. I bandaged my feet and went for a short 20 minute walk. Feet felt great, weather was the nicest it has been in weeks (not too hot), the sunset was beautiful and I was full of energy so I doubled it, walking a total of 40 minutes. I wanted to walk more and definitely could have but didn't want to push it with my feet, just in case. Planning on an hour walk tomorrow and if that goes well, my regular 80 minute walk the day after.

Day 16 of 224, Tues 7/7

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate about 3/4 of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1676.

Took 7,091 steps today. I walked outside for an hour. Feet were okay, padding the balls of my feet with band-aids is helping. Hoping to do my full 80 minute walk tomorrow. Also did my 3rd Pilates workout today and I feel like I'm already seeing results. I feel taller and I'm finding it easier to get up off the floor, bed, sofa, etc.

DH is losing weight too which is awesome! His clothes are getting pretty baggy. He's been walking with me every day. He doesn't log calories, he finds that too restrictive. Instead he eats smaller portions and goes longer between meals. That's what works for him. We still have a long ways to go but we're both in so much better shape than we were 3 years ago and I'm excited to keep it going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter