Besties Eat, Drink and runDisney - A November PTR - Updated 10/25

Tuesday Training Update
Week 9 & 10

I realized I didn't update for last week. Week 9 wasn't spectacular, maybe that's why? The only run I got in was my weekend 4 miler. It was cold. Like, I'm wearing gloves cold and it's too early in the year for this! :scared1:

Week 9 Total Miles: 4.16

Week 10 my only goal really was to get my back to back runs in. I know, I have lofty goals! :rotfl: However, I feel like this was really lacking in my training for the last couple challenges I did so I am determined to do better at getting the back to back runs in so my body is more prepared for the races. I started off with what was supposed to be a 2 mile run, but I just ran my normal short run route:

Then on Saturday I mustered the courage for my 6 mile run! This is by far my favorite distance! I normally feel really good running a 10K. Plus, I get to run on the trail in our town, which is nice and shady and the majority of my run is there. It's so peaceful! I get in to my groove when I'm running there.

Overall I was really happy with my pace on Saturday. I've been running 60:60 intervals, which seem to be working well for me and allowing enough recovery time for my knees, but still allowing me to keep a decent pace. My knee was a little sore at the beginning, but that seemed to work itself out in the first half mile.

Week 10 Total Miles: 8.69

I've adjusted my long run schedule on the Galloway plan to work my way up in mileage, but to take it a little easier as well so that my knee will not hate me too much. Ok, I'm hoping it doesn't hate me too much! :rotfl2: Since I did 6 this past weekend I'll do 8, 10 and then my final long run will be 12 miles after a 5 mile the day before. I am confident that will have me prepared for the weekend. Now I just need to get more consistent in my maintenance runs during the week! Overall, if I can tackle the consistency problem while continuing to rehab my knee I think I'll be good for race weekend. Fingers crossed!

Welp, MagicBands arrived today! This means, whether I like it or not, this race is happening! So, despite my onslaught of injuries (aka training hurdles) in 26 days I'll be arriving at my happy place and gearing up to run one of my favorite races. I have been praying, and stretching and praying a lot that I am healthy for these races. I guess only time will tell.

And now, the question begs itself, should I get decals for our bands? Halloween themed? Food & Wine themed? Something else? I am so torn, but need to decide soon!

I'm thinking these could be fun with our purple bands. They glow in the dark!!!!

And I love these for everyday:

and then of course there are these adorable F&W themed ones...

Sadly, I'm the most indecisive person in the world so....
any advice, opinions, recommendations?????

Last edited:
You're doing great with your running! I've been working too much to run…I've only been getting out about once per week :sad2: I walk a LOT though, so if worse come to worst, that's what I'll do.

We got our Magic Bands, too! So exciting! I never decorate mine, but I'm not a jewelry person either, so what do I know. I think they're cute just like they are…though I do wish Disney would give us the choice of the solid colors for free, or character/fancy ones at a discount. Until they do that, I'll stick with the free ones :P

You're doing great with your running! I've been working too much to run…I've only been getting out about once per week :sad2: I walk a LOT though, so if worse come to worst, that's what I'll do.

We got our Magic Bands, too! So exciting! I never decorate mine, but I'm not a jewelry person either, so what do I know. I think they're cute just like they are…though I do wish Disney would give us the choice of the solid colors for free, or character/fancy ones at a discount. Until they do that, I'll stick with the free ones :P

Oh my goodness, you are not alone with the running! I have not gone over 6 miles. :sad: My right knee is now acting up. :crutches: I'm so over being injured and not being able to train properly. I am trying to use the stationary bike, but I don't necessarily like it so it's more of a struggle. My training schedule is just off now and I wonder how prepared I will be, as well as how I will feel while at Disney?????

I did the decals once for my family, but normally I just indecisively look at them! LOL!

Thursday's Plan of Attack

Thursday is EXPO DAY! Are you ready for the craziness? Our normal plan for the day will probably be repeated so we can spend the afternoon at EPCOT. We'll get ready and take an Uber or Minnie Van over to ESPN WWoS. The expo opens at 10 and we like to be there prior to opening and being let in to line up. I'm not sure why we always partake in the craziness, but we do. Probably most because the drinks are calling! LOL! You'll be able to spot our outfits, which are appropriate for the rest of the day...

After we're done spending all the money at the Expo (I'm trying to curb my spending, but....) we'll head back to drop off our goodies at the Boardwalk. Once that is done we'll walk through the International Gateway to Epcot and commence eating and drinking our way around the world for a few hours. A couple of dishes I'm really looking forward to trying are:

• The Smoked Corned Beef at Flavors from Fire
  • Pulled Duck Confit at The Wine & Dine Studio
  • The Lamb Meatball in New Zealand
  • Grilled Beef Skewer in Patagonia
  • Kalua Pork Slider
  • Beijing Roasted Duck
  • Boeuf Bourguignon in France
  • Roasted Irish Sausage in Ireland
  • Scottish Lamb Stew
I'm sure more things will strike my fancy as we're there! And I'm sure I'll sample plenty of drinks like:
  • La Passion Martini Slush in France
  • Citrus Thistle in Scotland
  • Happy Peach in China
  • Mai Tai in Hawaii
  • Moet & Chandon Brut Rose
Not to mention my beloved grapefruit beer, although I might try the pomegranate version this trip too! After all of this deliciousness we'll head off to do our FastPasses: Spaceship Earth, Soarin' and Nemo. Maybe we'll try standby or single rider for Test Track. That evening we have dinner reservations at Chefs de France, which I am excited to try. The salmon actually looks interesting to me, but you can never go wrong with steak I think. I'm really indecisive though on what to eat there so we'll see what strikes my fancy.

It's getting SOOOOO close!!

Thursday is EXPO DAY! Are you ready for the craziness? Our normal plan for the day will probably be repeated so we can spend the afternoon at EPCOT. We'll get ready and take an Uber or Minnie Van over to ESPN WWoS. The expo opens at 10 and we like to be there prior to opening and being let in to line up. I'm not sure why we always partake in the craziness, but we do. Probably most because the drinks are calling! LOL! You'll be able to spot our outfits, which are appropriate for the rest of the day...

I won't be getting there until later since we have the KTTK tour that morning, so save some goodies for me! :rotfl:

La Passion Martini Slush in France

That's on my list, as well!

I'll send you a PM so we can hopefully DISmeet at California Grill!

Training Update - Weeks ??????

I've debated doing a training update vs. a knee update, but I think I'm going to start with training. It may be pitiful, but at least I was able to log some miles. I know I feel better having a little mileage under my belt before race day!

First off, I've been doing a lot of this....

It's not my favorite, except that I can go double the miles in the amount of time! LOL! I've been trying to take it easy on the knees. Jury is still out on whether this helped or not.

On the 14th I set out for my first long run since the right knee started hurting. I got in 8 miles. It actually wasn't horrible. I kept it slow, but my knee was hurting when I ran so I didn't want to push it any further than I had planned. The trail I run on is getting more beautiful each week, although I'm sure in the next week or two the leaves will fall, but I like watching them change color!

This past Saturday I went for a 10 mile run. It was horrible. It was Disney pace, but no photo stops. Around mile 7 my knee was not having much of it anymore. There was a little more walking from that point on. And I wore my Challenge shirt and headband from last year to power me through so that was fun!

All in all, it's been rough. :crutches: I feel better about the races now that I at least got 10 in, no matter the speed. Super excited for taper though! LOL! I might attempt a short run, but I might just stick to some walking between now and race day. I haven't decided yet what the best course of action is. Either way I am super excited about the trip! I have so much to do and so little time, but I can't wait to be on the plane to Florida!

Last edited:

And I wore my Challenge shirt and headband from last year to power me through so that was fun!

That's super cute! Did you buy that at the EXPO, or did you get that for finishing?
All in all, it's been rough. :crutches: I feel better about the races now that I at least got 10 in, no matter the speed. Super excited for taper though! LOL! I might attempt a short run, but I might just stick to some walking between now and race day. I haven't decided yet what the best course of action is. Either way I am super excited about the trip! I have so much to do and so little time, but I can't wait to be on the plane to Florida!

You're going to do great! I forgot to say in my PTR, but I am in corral F :laughing: Where did they put you?

That's super cute! Did you buy that at the EXPO, or did you get that for finishing?

I got it at the expo. :) I like the style of the Dark Side one I have better - like the cut or material I guess, but Lumiere is just so darn cute on this one!

You're going to do great! I forgot to say in my PTR, but I am in corral F :laughing: Where did they put you?

We're corral F as well! I am pretty sure you'll be blowing us out of the water!

Quick Knee Update

Monday I dragged my stubborn self, and my three year old, to the doctor to see about my knee. He looked at it and said he didn't see anything seriously wrong with it. i.e it would not require surgery or anything. Thankful for that. He didn't seem 100% sure how to treat it, but said he'd give me a steroid shot, which may help, but wouldn't hurt it. Then he gave me a course of prednisone. I'm already taking collagen at least twice daily and Condriten/Glucosamene suppliments to help it out as well. Not mention stretching and rolling multiple times a day.

The good news is that the nagging, stabbing pain is gone so I think the shot did help. I'm taking everything else as suggested and trying to be faithful with stretching and rolling. I'm also trying to take it easy on the knee physically over the next week until the race. I'm really praying that it will hold up to Disney days and the races. I think I'll try to avoid stairs when I can though as it really hurts on those! And I'm a little nervous about getting out of Space Mountain! :crutches: Priorities, right! :rotfl: Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I think I will be good to go for Disney!

ONE WEEK TO GO! This time next week I should be at the Boardwalk or on my way to MK!:dancer:

We're corral F as well! I am pretty sure you'll be blowing us out of the water!

I'm pretty sure I won't be blowing anyone out of the water, but if I do, it's only because you have a bum knee!

Monday I dragged my stubborn self, and my three year old, to the doctor to see about my knee. He looked at it and said he didn't see anything seriously wrong with it. i.e it would not require surgery or anything. Thankful for that. He didn't seem 100% sure how to treat it, but said he'd give me a steroid shot, which may help, but wouldn't hurt it. Then he gave me a course of prednisone. I'm already taking collagen at least twice daily and Condriten/Glucosamene suppliments to help it out as well. Not mention stretching and rolling multiple times a day.

The good news is that the nagging, stabbing pain is gone so I think the shot did help. I'm taking everything else as suggested and trying to be faithful with stretching and rolling. I'm also trying to take it easy on the knee physically over the next week until the race. I'm really praying that it will hold up to Disney days and the races. I think I'll try to avoid stairs when I can though as it really hurts on those! And I'm a little nervous about getting out of Space Mountain! :crutches: Priorities, right! :rotfl: Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I think I will be good to go for Disney!

You are way more ambitious than I am! I would have given up running a long time ago. Good for you!

Joining in. Btw, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get those Disney Jedi shirts? The ones in the group picture? I love them.

You are way more ambitious than I am! I would have given up running a long time ago. Good for you!

It's my stubbornness. Since I paid a ton of money for the race I have to run it, get the bling, etc. My husband said just go to Disney and enjoy, but I'm a glutton for punishment and will attempt the races! But there will be a nice long break me thinks from running till it's healthy.

Joining in. Btw, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get those Disney Jedi shirts? The ones in the group picture? I love them.

:welcome: The shirts in our family picture are from Magical Memories by Jessica I believe. (I have no affiliation, just found her on Facebook.) They've held up very well. My kids managed to wear them for a couple trips.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter