Besties, Booze and Brrr!!! With Jen and Joe on the Go 5/8 January Wrap Up and new TR LInk! COMPLETE

Topolino's with Ariane and Steve...

This was our last day in Disney, but Joe and I had one more thing to look forward to before our late afternoon flight back home...We had breakfast reservations with @ariane37 and Steve at Topolino's. Did you know that Topolino's means Mickey Mouse in Italian??? I think we were all looking forward to this because it was at the Riviera Resort (and none of us had seen it in person yet) and it was more of an upscale character meal (Chef Mickey's be GONE)...:rotfl2:

Let me just say that I thought the Riviera was beautiful. However, I was a bit disappointed in the main lobby. It's on the smaller size and not very grand. I don't think it fits with the overall feel of the resort. The rest of the resort is breathtaking and I am so excited to stay here in July (yep, I'm being optimistic that Disney will indeed be open then). Plus, they have an adult's only pool. YAY!

Joe and I met our friends in the lobby and took the elevator up to the top floor. The first thing I noticed was the open concept refrigerators stocked with Italian meats, cheeses, and pasta and the gorgeous wine fridges filled with every vintage one could imagine.
Next, the dining room...It's stunning with gorgeous views of the resort, Skyliner, and bits of Disney World.

We were seated right away and placed our drink orders. I don't think any of us started with alcohol. I know I had hot tea because I wasn't feeling very well. We were then brought the cutest display of pastries I have ever seen. We ordered our entrees and the characters started coming around. I believe we were done seeing all 4 characters before our food came...I could be wrong as this was 4 months ago now...The characters were precious. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy dressed in their Italian, artsy best. The food was phenomenal, as was the service. I had the waffles and I have no idea what everyone else had, nor do I have pics of their food choices.

I will say that Joe and I loved this meal so much that we have dinner booked here in July and breakfast booked again in September.

After we ate, we walked around a bit more and said goodbye to our wonderful friends. Joe and I ran out to DS to pick up a few more things and then headed out to the airport. The flight was on time and uneventful, just how I like them.

Next up, my final thoughts and the start of our March TR...Right before things fell apart in the world...:worried::confused3:worried::confused3

C97BEE33-6988-4AA1-B192-2971C4BD937D.jpegF5146CA9-A67E-41DA-8093-8E2C06479249.jpeg143505CA-5F66-4C75-95D0-DD71062FBD56.jpeg44ABF764-246B-4406-8AB2-00D278B227F0.jpeg3FBE1FF7-3C52-4792-94B5-CB2D5565584E.jpegF4C58B78-8D12-4585-87B0-398BCD2B635D.jpeg63E590F5-FC2A-4BF6-A5E1-B36ECC41B759.jpegB3435B64-DE7B-4981-A74E-6FBE3DD27DAE.jpeg701E7CCD-94E9-421B-A02B-F4B317B095CA.jpeg

Last edited:

Joe did a great job on your hair!!!! If he stays furloughed much longer, he could start an underground black market hair salon... It's not like the state can do anything about it!!! What are they going to do, take away his hair license??? :rotfl2:

I'm being optimistic too that Disney will be opening soon... We're headed down in October... Fingers crossed things are back to "normal" by then...

Topolino's sounds like a great option for Disney dining. With the Riviera having a skyliner station, it won't be difficult to get there.

That knife reminds me of The Animator's Palette on the Disney Cruise Lines.

Looking forward to reading about your March trip.

Joe did a great job on your hair!!!! If he stays furloughed much longer, he could start an underground black market hair salon... It's not like the state can do anything about it!!! What are they going to do, take away his hair license??? :rotfl2:

I'm being optimistic too that Disney will be opening soon... We're headed down in October... Fingers crossed things are back to "normal" by then...
Bawha!!!!!! That made me chuckle!!! I told him he just needs to learn how to push my cuticles down and polish my nails and I'll be all set. LOL!

Topolino's sounds like a great option for Disney dining. With the Riviera having a skyliner station, it won't be difficult to get there.
I honestly can't wait to go back!

That knife reminds me of The Animator's Palette on the Disney Cruise Lines.
Yes. I've heard it's the same one...

Looking forward to reading about your March trip.
Thank you.

Topolino's looks just adorable. Love those cute little pastries and the character outfits are so great!! Plus, terrific company, of course.

Looking forward to your wrap up and moving on to your March TR :)

What a fun little character meal! I was obsessed with the Topolino's outfits when I first saw it all debut. Too bad I never got over to Riviera myself before everything came crashing down as you say lol I love this new trend Disney has with having these character meals being more upscale in food selection. I've done so many and I'm glad I can do so many now with a more interesting food selection than basic Disney fare. It's refreshing and also shows they are listening.

Brave brave lady! Even braver husband! I can't keep up on all the TR's, however, I do catch your videos. Joe did a good job on your hair....and he was oh so helpful when rinsing it. :rotfl2:

I was pretty sure I knew how my hubs would feel....but I asked just to be sure. No way! I want no part in being responsible for your hair was the reply. Thank goodness my hair is pretty light naturally and I can convince myself that the white/grey blends and looks blonde. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the fun video clips of Jen & Joe 'not' on the go. :-)

Joe may have a second career as a hairdresser coming out of this! Your hair looks great!

Topolino's looks great! I hope to eat there and see Riviera myself someday!

Topolino's looks just adorable
It is now our fav character meal and we have reservations to go back in September, so crossing my fingers!!!

What a fun little character meal! I was obsessed with the Topolino's outfits when I first saw it all debut. Too bad I never got over to Riviera myself before everything came crashing down as you say lol I love this new trend Disney has with having these character meals being more upscale in food selection. I've done so many and I'm glad I can do so many now with a more interesting food selection than basic Disney fare. It's refreshing and also shows they are listening.
It is honestly the best character meal at Disney right now. I will NEVER go back to Chef Mickey's or O'Hana ever again. LOL!

Brave brave lady! Even braver husband! I can't keep up on all the TR's, however, I do catch your videos. Joe did a good job on your hair....and he was oh so helpful when rinsing it. :rotfl2:

I was pretty sure I knew how my hubs would feel....but I asked just to be sure. No way! I want no part in being responsible for your hair was the reply. Thank goodness my hair is pretty light naturally and I can convince myself that the white/grey blends and looks blonde. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the fun video clips of Jen & Joe 'not' on the go.
I was desperate! Thank goodness he did a good job. LOL!

Joe may have a second career as a hairdresser coming out of this! Your hair looks great!
HAHA! That's what I said!

Topolino's looks great! I hope to eat there and see Riviera myself someday!
This is the BEST character meal we have ever done and I highly recommend it!!!!

Now, if I could just get a trim and a manicure, I'd be all set. LOL!

OH Lordy! THIS!
and it was more of an upscale character meal (Chef Mickey's be GONE)...:rotfl2:

:lmao:
and I am so excited to stay here in July (yep, I'm being optimistic that Disney will indeed be open then).
I think we're on our way!! !An announcement JUST came out about 30 minutes ago and we're gonna be starting!! WOOT!

08478698-FAED-4682-9F54-1632F56989E4.jpeg

Fancy Schmancy!!! ::yes::

Let me just say that I thought the Riviera was beautiful. However, I was a bit disappointed in the main lobby. It's on the smaller size and not very grand. I don't think it fits with the overall feel of the resort.
I was surprised at how small the lobby was for such a big resort. And the gift shop was worthless, especially for a DVC resort.
I know I had hot tea because I wasn't feeling very well.
I ordered hot tea with my dinner at Cape May during and extremely cold January trip. I really stumped the waitress with my request. I guess they didn't get a lot of requests for hot tea with dinner in Florida.
I will say that Joe and I loved this meal so much that we have dinner booked here in July and breakfast booked again in September.
What a good idea. I need to do that for our October trip We are staying at the YC and can take the Skyliner over there. :)
Next up, my final thoughts and the start of our March TR...Right before things fell apart in the world
Our March trip feels like it was a dream. We left Florida on March 6th and they had already been putting out hand sanitizer in multiple locations. I am really glad, though, that we were able to enjoy Disney before the world fell apart.

Fingers crossed I will be having breakfast at Toppolinos in September. Looks delish
You and me both. LOL!

I would definitely do this breakfast again, it was really nice!
The food and characters were so enjoyable!
Yes, I agree!

Such a good breakfast, wish I didn't spend half the time on the phone so I was on some pics with you :mad:

I'm with you on feeling more optimistic for July and, dare I say, even our June trip?? Definitely a couple positive days in a row here and I hope the trend Continues!
I have a feeling it's all going to be good!!!!!!!! And yes, it was an awesome breakfast!!!!

I was surprised at how small the lobby was for such a big resort. And the gift shop was worthless, especially for a DVC resort.
YES!

Our March trip feels like it was a dream. We left Florida on March 6th and they had already been putting out hand sanitizer in multiple locations. I am really glad, though, that we were able to enjoy Disney before the world fell apart.
It feels like it was a year ago. We got home on a Wednesday night and the state was shut down on Monday, I think...

Glad to see you all got a last little bit of Disney magic before you left. Topolino's is on my list for our trip in November. I definitely want to see the resort and their dinner menu looks right up our alley.

Glad to see you all got a last little bit of Disney magic before you left. Topolino's is on my list for our trip in November. I definitely want to see the resort and their dinner menu looks right up our alley.
I am super excited to try dinner here. I was so impressed with the breakfast that I'm sure dinner will be even better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter