Best suggestions for transportation from wdw to Universal studios

ultrafed

Earning My Ears
First time visiting Fla. with Family. Booked vacation for week of Sept 22-29. Staying onsite at WDW and not renting car. Need to find best means of transportation to Universal Studios. Looking for least time consuming and fairly economical. ?Meers vs taxi vs towncar rental.Any suggestions?

Are you planning on going to Universal for one day? How many days are you planning on doing this?

If you are just oging for the day,m the a taxi would probably be the quickest and most economical since they don;t charge per person, but I'm not sure. I know public transportation (busses) are the cheapest, but they are also the slowest and most complicated. Shuttle van services are available, but they charge per person. It depends on how many people are in your family I guess!

We are doing the same, staying on Disney property but heading to US for two days. I figured it out using Tiffany Towncar (expenses back and forth to airport and back and forth twice to US) and considering tip and rates it was cheaper for us to get a rental car for the week. Even though we probably won't use it this is something we have never done before. Mears was not an option because we had a bad experience (I know it was 10 years ago) but they ticked us off and we won't call them again. They might have changed it but something to keep in mind with Mears. They will only picked up a certain times. That means you might have to leave the parks before you are ready. As I said this might not be an issue anymore but it is definately a question you want to ask before making your decision.

Melody
:pinkbounc

We stayed on Disney property, and got a rental car. It was a short 15-20 minute drive from the All Star Sports. We encountered no discernable traffic on I4 as well during what woud be considered rush hour 745 am... when we left after 7pm it was also about 20 minutes home on I4.

Again we are used to bumper to bumper Philly traffic, so Orlando traffic is NOTHING in comparison.

We also will be renting a car. By the time we added what Tiffany would cost us and then the difficulty of trying to get to Disney (we will only be going for the day) it was just cheaper and esier to get the car for the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter