• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best smelling Disney Resort?

Believe it or not... the Beach Club and the Poly would be tied IMHO. The BC has some kind of "nostagic-1920-Great Gadsby-damn that Herbert Hoover" smell going on... particularly down the hall near the kids club... and the Poly is a smell that reminds me of being 12 in 1973... that's where we always stayed when I was a kid! Thanks for the great thread.

This is too funny! Back in May, my parents and I stayed at AKL instead of our favorite BC. The aroma from Bomas was making both my Mom and I sick. We were discussing it one day and both mentioned the same thing. The next morning we went to Cape May for Breakfast, we both walked and into BC and took a big whiff and laughed. It was like we were "home".

There's no contest here for us. AKL wins hands down. In fact, it's the only resort were "smell" is a very big plus. As soon as you are approaching the first set of doors you can sense it. Man, is it a wonderful aroma!

I got to agree with POR the smell of jasmine, begonia & southern Magnolia is heavenly. AKL is my favorite resort, but not much flower scent. By the way, we really never smelled the smoke I have heard of in POLY.

We are on the AKL band wagon. Sitting by the pool, in the hot sun, smelling the fire. Not overpowering, just enough.

Ted

Here is another vote for the Polynesian.. Just walking around the resort, taking in the sights, sounds and smells of a tropical paradise. Love the smell of those tropical flowers for sure..

fart.gif

I would say Polynesian also.

My favorite is the Boardwalk Inn....all that great food cooking in the Flying Fish.It smells like"home"as soon as we walk thru the corridors.

I think the YC smells great! There's nothing like the fresh smell of the oil from the dark hardwood floors, combined with the nice cool air in the lobby, to flood my nose to let me know that I am "home"!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YC RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another vote for the GF.

Smelling those flower arrangements sends me in a tizzy. I always think of the GF when I smell lillies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter