• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best smelling Disney Resort?

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
I must say, that the Wilderness Lodge sure does smell good, at all hours of the day and night!

The smells coming from the Whispering Canyon Cafe were wonderful! I don't think I've ever smelled a better resort! ;)

IMO, this is a no brainer what with the wonderful smells of Boma wafting though the AKL at all hours!!!

I vote for the Polynesian, just out of spite to all of those who say that it stinks! ;)

What an odd question... lol

But I do remember some nice aromas from Wilderness Lodge passing by the restaurant - hickory smoked..etc..

>>^..^<<

I've got to agree with blondie - Wilderness Lodge smells great - especially if you hang out near the big fireplace at night.....

On the other hand - I would say that the Contemporary is the least inviting for smell - unless you are into sterile places.

AKL!

You can smell the fireplace burning as soon as you step out of your car!

Definitely Wilderness Lodge for best smell! I just loved walking through the lobby each morning.
Contemorary Resort gets my vote for worst smelling though. We stayed there once and hated it. It smelled like public restrooms after they clean them. Yuk!

I'd vote for WL. The fireplace & WCC make the lobby so inviting. Hard to leave it to go do something else. I could sit in a rocker in front of the fireplace for hours!

the AKL hands down. The smell of Boma is great at any time. But at the AKL when you get out of your car for the first time when you arrive there the smell is so wonderful and from that moment on you wait for it every time you step off the bus you know your home again.
This is really bad I just got back and now I'm ready to go again. Boy is my DH going to kill me. When I start bugging him again.

My favorite is the GF! Those lilies that they put into the flower arrangment when you first walk in!! Anytime I smell them elsewhere I am transported to the GF! This has probably been my favorite since our first stay there in 1988. I also have an interseting ?? Does anyone else think they pipe-in smells?? Sometimes Tomorrowland has the smell of fresh oranges. If this sounds strnge to you please disreguard! But if you can add something please do!! Joan;)

I always thought the best thing about CSR was the smell when you first walk up. If it's hot outside and the smell of food (kind of like spicy meat) just swims in the air. I love it. :cool:

I remember so distinctly the sweet, fragrant smells of the GF when we first visited there in '96. And the following year, when we went back, the aroma -- more than anything -- told me I was "home!" :smooth:

I would say A three way tie in my book!! Yacht,beach (Yachtman steakhouse I assume they pump that smell out by the pool)
And WL! All "smell like Disney" to me!!:)

I love the smell at POR:p I always leave the windows down after passing the security point just to take it in. The pine smell around the AB section and the magnolia scent of the mansions. I feel myself starting to relax the minute I take a deep breath.

In certain areas of some of the theme parks, smells are "piped in". I don't think there are any additional smells added at any of the resorts though.

Anne

I love the smell of the WL. In fact, I'm on the hunt for a candle that smells like it......found an apple spice candle that comes close.

Hehehe. Thats funny. My friend and I got so sick of the BBQ/smokey smell at WL by the end of the week we cancelled our Hoop de Doo reservations:) We did not want to eat the same type of food we had been smelling cooking all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter