Best SAP resort?

I guess it depends on your budget. If you have $15,000 to spend and your options are a loaded 150 SSR points resale or 70 VGF points direct (dues being relatively comparable), one might rather opt for more points. All these incentives are great for VGF, but are only attainable at the 150 point plus level…aka a $24k minimum buy in, and you give up the first year of points to get that lowest per point cost.
I completely agree. My comment was based on @Sandisw 's point about a lot of O14 resorts expiring in 2042, severely limiting the ability to use resale SAP.

I completely agree. My comment was based on @Sandisw 's point about a lot of O14 resorts expiring in 2042, severely limiting the ability to use resale SAP.
Not that many WDW points expire in 2042 though. With Vero and HHI expiring and OKW resetting 2/3rds of its ownership I would be surprised if it doesn’t actually go the other way and SAP becomes easier.

Not that many WDW points expire in 2042 though. With Vero and HHI expiring and OKW resetting 2/3rds of its ownership I would be surprised if it doesn’t actually go the other way and SAP becomes easier.
I can't claim to know what will happen in 2042. TBH, I kinda do not believe in the whole "buy direct to be able to stay at Riviera and future resorts" selling point. Riviera is way too expensive in points chart (unless you own Riviera and book the SV rooms) and 7 month availability for VDH is unknown. Going forward, I'm guessing more people will buy to use almost exclusively at their home resorts, especially as more resorts have resale restrictions. 2042 is way too far away to speculate anything. I say, buy the resort you can afford and are happy to stay at.

Still not a member but always looking. If I decided to go with SAP which is a distinct possibility because I'm in the "I want to maximize savings" camp, which is the best resort ASSUMING similar per point pricing and contract size? I notice the usual suspects of OKW and SSR but have noticed a few BR near those prices as well. Is there anything you've seen in the not too much farther up category that would make you pay more for lets say AKV and how much more. All subjective I know.
Dues for SSR are better than AKV. If it’s strictly SAP I’d go with SSR. However, my next SAP contract is going to be BLT I think. That has amongst the best dues of any of the DVC contracts right now and a much longer shelf life.

Dues for SSR are better than AKV. If it’s strictly SAP I’d go with SSR. However, my next SAP contract is going to be BLT I think. That has amongst the best dues of any of the DVC contracts right now and a much longer shelf life.
The big perk with CCV and BLT in particular is you can use it as SAP and not feel bad about the price per point as it’s comparable to SSR. Like if I were using VGC I’d feel extremely guilty using those points at anywhere on WDW property or even BCV/BWV. However, both CCV and BLT have valuable home resort booking windows while still having a good price per point. CCV for Christmas time especially and BLT for major firework holidays like July 4th and New Years. VGF is definitely tempting right now but even so it’s booking window is not as important to me as the other 2 but if VGF was my taste I’d be considering adding direct there.

Last edited:
These are a sample of current asking prices -

SSR - 150pts - $95pp - with dues = $10.94 per point per year

CCV - 150pts - $135pp - with dues = $11.04 per point per year

BLT - 160pts - $135pp - with dues = $11.04 per point per year

When you break them out this way, there is little difference.

VGF - 220 pts - $154pp - with dues $11.18 per point per year
While this very close to the best SAP pack, it differs because its direct cost is so close that resale isn’t worth it.
It is kind of suprising when you look at the points like that. There really isn't a lot of difference.

2042 is 19 years away... That's enough time to raise another child (or grandchild) from diapers to college and go through all the princess, star wars, and marvel phases all over again. Using SAP points may or may not be more difficult in 2042, but those of us who make it to 2042 will be 19 years older and most likely will have other things to worry about by then :)

Last edited:
2042 is 19 years away... That's enough time to raise another child (or grandchild) from diapers to college and go through all the princess, star wars, and marvel phases all over again. Using SAP points may or may not be more difficult in 2042, but those of us who make it to 2042 will be 19 years older and most likely will have other things to worry about by then :)
Heck, I don’t even know where I’ll stay on our next trip! Btw, I like what you did with your signature. Very clever

That’s fair, but you can only get that benefit at one resort. If your goal is to actually sleep around, you’d still get jammed with the higher priced room on 2 of those 3 when you do.

If you’re doing larger rooms (or are one of those people who actually care about the views), it’s less of an issue too.

Except here is the thing you then wait to stay at the other resorts until you happen to luck into the room being an option.

Best rooms at Riviera are Standard in my opinion as an example. Also care about views and things like Boardwalk View or Theme Park view might be gone as well.

Finally larger rooms only mean that saving is even more pronounced.

In the end the OP said the goal of SAP was saving money not about wanting to see all the resorts.

Except they do....

SSR and OKW make up 50% of the points for resale booking come 2042.

Very little reason for a VGF or BLT owner to stay at SSR or OKW instead just booking at 7 months and 1 day out from their trip instead.

I just can’t see a way of it being easier to trade into the near park resorts for resale points.

What is left i! 2043 at WDW for trades? VGF, BLT, PVB, CCV…and of course, AKV and SSR and some of OKW.

But, people at those near park resorts won’t have the Epcot area to go to and it certainly doesn’t seem those who buy those nesr park resorts are buying to trade to SSR, AKV or OKW on a regular basis..which is why I think it’s going to be harder.

Yes it’s 18 years away..but I still think it’s something to consider when buying for the purpose of SAP.

Last edited:
I just can’t see a way of jt being easier for the near park resorts for resale points.

What is left i! 2043 at WDW for trades? VGF, BLT, PVB, CCV…and of course, AKV and SSR and some of OKW.

But, people at those near park resorts won’t have the Epcot area to go to and it certainly doesn’t seem those who buy those nesr park resorts are buying to trade to SSR, AKV or OKW on a regular basis..which is why I think it’s going to be harder.
Agreed. People are saying that BWV, BCV, BRV don’t contribute that much to the total overall inventory which may be true; however, once those contracts expire, make no mistake those points are coming back into the system. They just won’t offer any reciprocal availability to you as a resale owner while they can still book your home resort and compete with resale owners at the 7 month mark at the O14 resorts or I guess O9 at that time basically. I guess the good thing for resale owners is VB and HHI will likely be going offline at that time and I’d be surprised if Disney kept those resorts.

Except they do....

SSR and OKW make up 50% of the points for resale booking come 2042.

Very little reason for a VGF or BLT owner to stay at SSR or OKW instead just booking at 7 months and 1 day out from their trip instead.
Most OKW contracts will be Disneys on February 1 2042, and it will take years to sell them off with only 15 years left on them, if they even manage to (or try to). So that is of zero concern.

VB and HHI are functionally SAP resorts for WDW purposes. Far more points trading into WDW than heading the other way - look no further than those resorts awful cold weather occupancy for proof (or Vero, just occupancy period). Those points all go away.

There’s roughly 56 and a half million WDW points among resorts you can trade around in with a resale contract. 9.9 million - 17.5% - of those will expire in 2042. That’s about the number of points added by Poly and VGF1 and VGF2 in recent years. Was trading around really hard before those were added? (No).

Between all of that, color me unconcerned.

BWV and BCV will almost certainly easier to book after 2042 for those eligible, for two reasons:
- 20-25% of points at the remaining resorts will be resale and restricted, this makes them ineligibles to book there
- almost certainly DVC will refurbish the resorts and resell them with much inflated point charts. One of the contributing factor of their popularity is how cheap they are point wise. What if they are resold with a point chart comparable with VGF? This will probably depress demand.

For resale, I ran the numbers and bought SSR for SAP in 2020. For direct, I bought VGF for SAP in 2022. (I also own Boardwalk points resale from 2019, have been using them to book mostly elsewhere for now but excited to use them at Boardwalk post-refurb.)

Having to book a more expensive room at a non-home resort wasn’t a concern for me since I’d likely be paying that premium anyways by trying out different resorts and rooms regardless of where I owned. Plus there are resorts where there is no standard vs preferred distinction. We mostly stay at Beach Club or book less competitive 1 bedrooms with our SSR points.

Haven’t gotten much mileage out of the VGF points though. Turns out it’s my kid’s favourite resort so I don’t end up making a change at the 7 month mark. It’s a pleasant surprise when SAP points end up coming with home resort advantage.

Aulani subsidized is a great unicorn but wouldn’t work for me as a back up booking at 11 months, so no go as SAP for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter