Best restaurants to eat at solo?

I especially like the window tables for lunch at Chefs de France. I prefer to be solo on my solo trips (not a fan of chatting with strangers) and avoid character meals and communal seating when I’m there on my own.

This might be a stupid question but for buffet’s like Boma, where you have to get up from your table to go get more food, is anyone concerned about leaving their stuff at the table, including their drink? I am currently in the early stages of planning a solo trip and that is the only thing that is keeping me from considering buffets. Maybe I’m thinking too hard about it though.
What exactly is your concern about it? I don't leave my personal belongings, but leaving a drink is fine. This is not a bar setting where someone will spike your drink. In 15 years of solo trips, I have never had any issues.

This might be a stupid question but for buffet’s like Boma, where you have to get up from your table to go get more food, is anyone concerned about leaving their stuff at the table, including their drink? I am currently in the early stages of planning a solo trip and that is the only thing that is keeping me from considering buffets. Maybe I’m thinking too hard about it though.
I've not even thought about potential concern with leaving a drink. Maybe, if concerned, you could time your trips to the buffet for when you're empty and ready for a refill -- or if sitting at the bar just let the bartender know you're going to visit the restroom and would like a refill when back or ask them to watch your drink. As for stuff, I usually bring my phone, ID, credit cards, & cash with me either in a small wristlet, crossbody, or my pockets depending on what I'm wearing. I leave my larger park bag at the table and while I'd be annoyed if anything were stolen, it wouldn't be catastrophic to lose my sunglasses, umbrella, sweatshirt, park map, etc. It also signals to the server that I'll be back.

I'm a solo traveller and agree with everybody, there is no difference how they treat single people, couples and families. Also I experienced a great intarraction with caracteres in 1900 Parkfare Buffet, now closed. When a Cinderella's sister sees there is an adult solo guest she starts saying jokes and makes you laugh. For example she approached her face to my ear and said: "Psss, do you know any prince who could marry me?'

The problem for you will be to reserve a place.

Last edited:

I especially like the window tables for lunch at Chefs de France. I prefer to be solo on my solo trips (not a fan of chatting with strangers) and avoid character meals and communal seating when I’m there on my own.

I booked Chef de France too for a lunch at Epcot, still having decided what to take, I'm thinking onion soupe, may be a salad....

I've eaten at a number of TS solo and always had a good time! Recent trip I ate at California Grill and Le Cellier solo and both were really good experiences and enjoyed myself. Also been to character meals solo as well, had great character interaction at Garden Grill a few years back when I was solo...

I think the only buffet-type place I've been to in WDW is California Grill brunch (appetiser buffet) but I didn't have any concerns about leaving my stuff at the table. I do bring along all my valuables (phone, wallet) with me when I go to get food though!

I booked Chef de France too for a lunch at Epcot, still having decided what to take, I'm thinking onion soupe, may be a salad....
That’s what I do although I do get the occasional creme brûlée too😊 It makes for a nice, lighter lunch.

I always book an early (opening time) lunch and have always been given a window table when I’ve asked. It’s really nice.

The problem for you will be to reserve a place.
If I’m dining solo and can’t find a single, I’ll reserve for two. The host will usually ask if I want to sit at the bar instead, and sometimes I take them up on it. Other times I still want a table.

Any suggestions? I won't be doing breakfast.
Go anywhere you want. I was terrified of this at first… you get use to it pretty quick though. Having a mobile device makes it easier. Cast members are always super friendly.

If you go to Disneyland go to the blue bayou and request a water table… it’s actually kind of nice alone.

I like the teppanyaki place because you are seated communally. Having said that, my group was seated with another group that just didn't get that concept & was HORRIFIED to see us across the table! lol. They turned their backs on us, so the little boy, about 8 years old, with them asked me teach him how to use chopsticks & I did. At least he & I had fun!

I've eaten at a number of TS solo and always had a good time! Recent trip I ate at California Grill and Le Cellier solo and both were really good experiences and enjoyed myself. Also been to character meals solo as well, had great character interaction at Garden Grill a few years back when I was solo...

I think the only buffet-type place I've been to in WDW is California Grill brunch (appetiser buffet) but I didn't have any concerns about leaving my stuff at the table. I do bring along all my valuables (phone, wallet) with me when I go to get food though!
Ooooooo, Le Cellier. Yum! And, yes, I agree that it's a great place to dine alone.

I did a solo 50th birthday trip a year ago and the only place I felt "judging eyes" was at Sanaa when I ordered the bread service. I sampled a little from each slice and took the rest to go and it served as my breakfast the rest of the trip. I also did Ohana and the only thing I felt after that meal was super full...those dumplings are like crack to me...and I couldnt make it to the MK fireworks party I splurged on later that night.

On a final note Homecomin' was the best solo meal I had...not sure I would have had so much moonshine on tap to wash down the cheddar drop thigh biscuits if my family was there with me.
:)

I did a solo 50th birthday trip a year ago and the only place I felt "judging eyes" was at Sanaa when I ordered the bread service. I sampled a little from each slice and took the rest to go and it served as my breakfast the rest of the trip. I also did Ohana and the only thing I felt after that meal was super full...those dumplings are like crack to me...and I couldnt make it to the MK fireworks party I splurged on later that night.

On a final note Homecomin' was the best solo meal I had...not sure I would have had so much moonshine on tap to wash down the cheddar drop thigh biscuits if my family was there with me.
:)
I don't understand -- why do you think you were getting judging eyes for ordering the bread service? Is it huge? That's not your fault! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I don't understand -- why do you think you were getting judging eyes for ordering the bread service? Is it huge? That's not your fault! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I think the other people were just jealous of Gary since he didn't have to share the bread service with anyone else.

The good news is that as a solo, you can grab a quick return walk up at tons of places - so you don’t really have to plan it all out (except Space 220, get that one at 60+6 if you can).
I plan on having the bread service and an adult beverage with a view of the water at Nomad Lounge :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter