Best purse/ bag to carry

I would love to get that price too... do tell.. Where? What code? :surfweb:

I got it for that price at shoebuy.com

Pick when one you want and then the promo code is save10 and I think they auto apply the extra 10% when you register on the site. Even if you don't get the extra 10% it's still only $21 without it.

Happy shopping - I got the periwinkle!

Yeah! I just got mine for a grand total of $19.30. I used the "save10" code and got the 10% off for registering. I can't wait to get it. Thanks to everyone!

I've carried a Baggallini messenger bag to WDW every time we've gone. Just got the new giraffe print one at eBags. This year though I'm carrying the Heys TravelMate. It just came today and I love it. It is slightly smaller than the Baggallini and I really like the strap better. Tons of pockets and even a wet things pocket. There is a video here you can watch about it. I got mine from QVC for $19.95.
http://shop.heys.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=tm01

[Sorry to ressurrect...]

I hear all these great things about the Baggallini, but on the website it's apparent that this is a women's bag...

Is there a men's style version of this thing, or should I buy it for DW and pretend that I'm just carrying it for her? :cool1:

(I'm the obsessive planner, not her)

TIA!

[Sorry to ressurrect...]

I hear all these great things about the Baggallini, but on the website it's apparent that this is a women's bag...

Is there a men's style version of this thing, or should I buy it for DW and pretend that I'm just carrying it for her? :cool1:

(I'm the obsessive planner, not her)

TIA!

I bought the Baggallini messenger in black crinkle nylon. It definitely is "gender neutral" in this color/fabric. The man has said he'd be more than happy to share carrying duties with me.:) I think you can get it and be comfortable that it's not too girly.;) :)

I recently purchased a Timbuk2 metro mini...in two different shades of green of course:lmao: It is a perfect size for us and we put our pins to trade on the strap of it.

I just bought a new bag for my upcoming trip. It's an Eddie Bauer Ripstop Touring bag. It goes in front on your waste/over your shoulders and it's a nice size. It has at least 5 different compartments. I got it at an Eddie Bauer Outlet store. I checked today and saw they didn't have it at the website, but new designs were on their that were somewhat similar.

Last year, I bought a pink nylon baggallini messenger bag and I liked it a lot, but I sort of wanted something that sat on my back more. Like a backpack, but a sling so I could just whip it around without taking it on and off. So today, I think I found the perfect bag, but I will have to let you all know when I get back next week:banana:

it is an Ameribag..

http://www.ameribag.com/catalog/product/11

keodark;

We have used a black Baggallini Messenger the last 3 trips and my dh carries it much more than I do. It is very gender neutral.

Thanks to those who posted the SAVE10 codes, I just got my Baggallini for less than I could get one on Ebay. It is hard to find ones that will ship to Canada but I finally got it at Shoebuy and it was fairly reasonable even with the international shipping. Can't wait to use it now!

Last year, I bought a pink nylon baggallini messenger bag and I liked it a lot, but I sort of wanted something that sat on my back more. Like a backpack, but a sling so I could just whip it around without taking it on and off. So today, I think I found the perfect bag, but I will have to let you all know when I get back next week:banana:

it is an Ameribag..

http://www.ameribag.com/catalog/product/11

I LOVE my Ameribag!!! It is easy to carry and fits everything I need.

I took my bagallinni to WDW 2 wks ago. I loved all the compartments, but it seemed a bit big for me. With the material being so flimsy, it was kind of droopy, plus the staps did not stay and needed constant re-adjustment. I guess I will continue to search for the ulimate bag for my trip next year.:confused3

PS. the shoulder strap cut into my shoulder from time to time, especially when wearing tank tops.

I ended up being able to use my baggallini way before I thought I would on an unexpected trip to WDW! :yay:
I took both of my colors, purple and the dark hot pink one, and loved everything about them! Well, almost everything (I'll get to that in a bit)
I loved how I could whip it around and get out of it what I wanted or needed, (all those pockets! it was amazing!)and let's face it, when traveling to the park your getting into your bag a lot or at least whipping it around a lot to get on a ride. I can't tell you how many times in that day I ended up getting into my baggallini, and I didn't even have the kids with me! LOL I can't imagine how much more useful it would have been if I did have the kids with me, although by the next time we go again, my daughter will carry her own and my son will have a messenger bag of his own.
As for the positioning of where it falls on your back, it's perfect, it's not to big, it does not fall on you like a sling bag does, it falls right in the middle of your back, it doesn't feel akward and you almost don't feel like you have anything on you, unlike the big one I took the time before. I will say if you have kids and want a change of clothes and all that jazz, take a big backpack and put it into a locker, you have the key for the whole day to get in and out of when ever you might need it, and just carry the smaller baggallini with you at all times with the smaller things your need through the day. This is what I did and I'm so glad I did! The only thing I didn't like was the metal thing that keeps the strap cinched would get into the way sometimes, but if you adjust the strap for it to be out of your way, it's not a big deal. I would have to say for those who like to wear tanks this might not be a good fit for you because the strap might hurt you.
For those who found it to be a bit akward at first, I'm totally right there with you, at first you don't quiet know how to put it on, or if you carry like a purse, but once you learn the right way to put it on and feel how great it is to have your shoulders not hurt or your back you won't feel akward in any way, you'll feel like you can't believed you lived without it for so long!
Happy bag shopping!

I just ordered the Baggallini Messenger Bagg, the one that has the cell phone holder in the strap and lots of pockets including one for a water bottle on the side. Boy I hope I like this!! I've been searching for the perfect bag for WDW with no luck!

If any of you have this bag I would love to see pictures of it loaded with your stuff, to get a better idea about it! Share if you can, pretty please!!!

Diane

Diane~

I took my baggallini this last summer to WDW and I loved it! I took a full sized back pack the time before and I thought it was great.... at the time. I think only because I knew I had all that I felt I needed to bring, otherwise the oversized thing and the not being able to swing it around thing really started to get to me.
So now that I've taken my baggallini I couldn't be happier! I had in my bag (I'll take a picture and put it on here later) a full sized spiral note book, my glasses case (the hard kind that's kinda bulky) and smallish wallet (I say smallish because I don't usually do small or tiny anything)a M&M tube for my quarters and pennies, the really long one(for the penny press) a pen, bottle/can of sunscreen, a smallish umbrella (the kind you can put in a normal sized purse) a water bottle (on the outside pocket). Let's see what else did I have with me, my camera (small camera, in a somewhat hard case which made it a little bulkier) ear plugs in a small container, listerine strips, chapstick, cell phone, of which I didn't carry in the strap zipper thingy because you take your bag off a lot when doing the rides and I was afraid it would swing (since it would be alot heavier) and I would bang it into to many things. I carried the cell phone in one of the front zip pockets that had lots of pockets inside. I also had a sharpie (some things I had with me because I was using the bag for my entire trip to Fl. not just to WDW), aaaaand I can't think of anything else, if I do I'll put it into the next post when I post the picture. Hope this helps.

I just ordered the Baggallini Messenger Bagg, the one that has the cell phone holder in the strap and lots of pockets including one for a water bottle on the side. Boy I hope I like this!! I've been searching for the perfect bag for WDW with no luck!

If any of you have this bag I would love to see pictures of it loaded with your stuff, to get a better idea about it! Share if you can, pretty please!!!

Diane

Thanks Camille! Would it hold a couple pair of socks? I like to change socks part way through the day, don't know why it's just my hangup! I look forward to your picture! Thanks again.

Diane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter