Best Down Town Disney Restaurant

Originally posted by faithfull
I guessed that...I was joking. I guess I am just not gifted at telling jokes...Sorry.:D

LOL! I'm sorry, faithfull! The worst thing is, as I was posting it, I thought, she's probably making a joke...she knows what it refers to!

I am even worse at getting jokes, it seems! :)

Originally posted by princessandie77
Wolfgang Puck Epress is my favorite! The pumpkin Raviloli's! yummm!!!

She is right on the money. Not only is the pumpkin ravioli WONDERFUL, but the entire menu is great. There is no fantastic decor, but the serivce has always been perfect. The sushi is great! It is our favorite DTD restaurant. House of Blues looks great too, but I'm used to that kind of food based on where I'm from. A family may have fun there. Avoid Fultons, as it is way over priced, and Cpt. Jacks. Planet Hollywood is my least favorite by far.

I have to ask.... Why so down on Capn' Jacks?!?!? We've never been but were looking forward to going on our next trip in Dec. I was wanting to try the crab. Is it really that bad?!?!?! Any opinions will help greatly! :wave:

Wolfgang Pucks, Portobello Yacht Club. I like House of Blues. I can't stand Rainforest Cafe (I'm talking about the local one, which has prevented me from trying the ones at WDW).

rainforest cafe, hob, ph are all pathetic...
puck's, fulton's, bongos and portabello are all good options

Originally posted by michellelovesthemous
I have to ask.... Why so down on Capn' Jacks?!?!? We've never been but were looking forward to going on our next trip in Dec. I was wanting to try the crab. Is it really that bad?!?!?! Any opinions will help greatly! :wave:

I'll bite on this one....okay, my DH and I went to Capt. Jack's with a fully open mind and I ordered the shrimp primavera, I believe. The shrimp was rubbery (and they hadn't de-spined it, which GROSSES me out) and the entire meal was just all around not good, so I ate what I could, but neither of us was too impressed.

What put the nail in the coffin later was when I woke up at 2:00am, sweaty and sick as a dog. After getting sick all night, I had to spend the next morning in bed! I was enraged at wasting a day like that during our precious WDW vacation. It is NO FUN to be ill at WDW and I had Capt. Jack's to thank for it!

That's why I am so down on it.

Originally posted by michellelovesthemous

I'll tell you exactly why. Last February me and four other friends ate at Capt Jack's. It was a Saturday night and the place was packed: I think people had been waiting since the previous Saturday. The server, whose annoying perkiness reminded me of the Reece Witherspoon character in "Election," said it would be an hour to hour-fifteen minute wait. Some people would balk at that, but we said no problem. We walked around DTD, ordered frozen margaritas, and enjoyed the crisp cool weather.

An hour later, Reece Witherspoon seated us. Our server, a charming woman with a great sense of humor, warned us: "If I were you guys, I'd stick to appetizers tonight." She was right! My shrimp pasta was covered in an orange goop that looked like Capt Jack himself threw up on it. The bread tasted stale and cold. Even my girl friend's burger was wretched.

I have a perverse affection for Capt Jack's because it's a survivor: the only restaurant left from the original Village Marketplace. But someone needs to tie the cook(s) to a Water Mouse or force-feed him/her their own cuisine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter