Best Down Town Disney Restaurant

faithfull

Mouseketeer
I have never found what I would call a great Downtown disney restaurant with the exception of the Rainforest cafe. My family does not get excited about the Rainforect Cafe since they have one in Arizona that we frequent. Any great dining experiences at Downtown Disney or Pleasure Island? Input appreciated.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Well, we tried Wolfgang Puck's (it's in the West End) and that was pretty good. Some people swear by the Fulton Fish House but I am less enthusiastic about that one.

The Earl of Sandwich is a great option for lunch, with great sandwiches. Also, Ghiradelli is by far the best dessert dining anywhere on property!

I can tell you to avoid Captain Jack's with every ounce of your being. Trust me on that one.

have to agree about captn jack--avoid it like the plague!! however, we have enjoyed several meals at portobello yacht club at DTD. :tongue:

Bumping to try and get some others to input! Thanks already for the good advise. Would you believe we were thinking prior to your input about Captain Jacks??

My favorites:
Portobello yacht Club
House of Blues

I'd also avoid Fultons like the plague---.

Our family loves Cap'n Jacks. They have the best clam chowder we have ever had. It's the first place we eat when we arrive.

well, I'm not surprised Capt. Jack's has its fans, else it probably wouldn't still be there, but I'm duty bound to warn of the one restaurant that ever caused me food poisoning. What an unpleasant night!

We ate at Portobello's September 2003, and it was very nice! I really enjoyed it. I would definately go back.

How about Planet Hollywood? I know it has been there forever, but it has some pretty decent food and the "stuff" to look at is kinda neat!!

WITHOUT A DOUBT -- I WOULD HAVE TO SAY FULTONS -- GREAT ATMOSPHERE EVEN WITH KIDS. -- EXCELLENT SEAFOOD BUT PRICEY..

The best restaurant in DTD, at WDW....Hmmmmmm could it be Mickey Deeee's??? :laughing: Sorry. I just couldn't resist!

Bongos. Good food and drinks. I think DTD needs a few more dining options, but we are looking forward to trying the Earl of Sandwich in May.

We love Wolfgang Pucks...the sushi bar for DS and I. DH loves the filet and garlic mashed potatoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter