• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BEST. DAY. EVER. May '17 w/Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby NEW 8/28 x2 THE END!!

Hi SU-Lynn. Loved your Best Day Ever! I know exactly what you mean. We had a day just like it last year. We spent the morning at Epcot, then back to the Boardwalk to relax at the pool, and back to Epcot for the evening. We just ate at various kiosks at F & G. Then my DH got a beer and popcorn and I got a coffee drink with Baileys and we just sat on a bench taking it all in, I remember that wonderful feeling so well. I'm so glad that you were able to share that good feeling with us. I enjoy reading your trip reports and appreciate you writing them.

We caught this PP Picture as we walked over to WS:

q-jc0wJL87R7sjrTNQQ_FcyoW_0BzOvK7XpRIVBUXYjEQuSEC_Gpzxtmir2vILHvK6YbV8D6-ik0PtFWwxi9rojLov-lPL6dpFCq7TM9Mv8pGwkt35vRMbBqMFFUe2TYPtct2O1Vnpiqps7fZ8BJ398mcjpUcBGllmv2n_oewDcqoAEq0Kfqvc7hZKBfnjY6G9eT_G7cKbyIHuEf30gwnww3YjMHxxXnnA8WF3g04JJZRPPws-ewzLd8NMetN42XA16m_ch_b4A0mqXm_LjAp3jlAUE2E5bS44Oissw6LLJLj2mKWOcHcbfPRBXkaBNKhZp_bOrE140Odzq1I3NydTxkm3JFPAFAh9IZS1eppLqEvMCDs-oXl0MxF5xg0dHEOuh_Ie0HWg4zXolKHgsEu2W8gHHBwYTj6u6YbkiiclR6cl4SHb_h42wpeDDNQtz0NdKEcTswOFXtIrGZ6AoslurC1jjb-eeZ3A5RavoiM8Q4xLaIADo_NZoOLyz1m0nY2YmOABhzsHYjmV5pNpmH4YMVyY0oTlzay2yj4tmPN6S5Wbp7ejH98_xHXC44GkiCANaOxp_Nln4EmG5yql0jqagRHa51-N0bDInDVhLTenu-o0U8Mw2OCQdeRQ=w800-h533-no
Love this! You are clearly still basking in the glow of your best day ever.

6g2EB7cw_GCc-kfLQjdvX9XlpZEwOelH1OJxwqh1yXI5uN7OdOtPZcQxJfH-DHPjidbrqTMWq860bWdZ2mGp88DaOFfU9LWVmaNrBQnhvxywsWc8X636jYiXhs0A-9vjtEEDSM05dl920qaIoCFBL3-VEWrxxfOdKrZFkyaQ9_e343uBPjvurrqR0Mtbgxfk_0o-NbHhxw85AX4e8qIKNZlYlB_J1_MYZGbQh58Hp2l4Kx40nAEtYREmWP31laFsZwpUz6ZLHa2GIQ3lCQ_B4MyEaSLAG5cWDM_SZEbTh1it_YgP31SkQD_jzqK1uV8W3EnqEIsRdQJKZBx_khyj4y2WZCzKd5QTfCcO95Tx9SKC_6zP7-8CwwLh9AQUWzFyrfAAeE88rACoBuJXZ-ZSSY9HQsmfkHalhrSJZwWLa1TuHmgvjSRPdlPFYPCjfZMLTFKa3Jy2azDY4MtA2RR8gJ6MERe4V6DRPMh1FPH3hbw0Mf-zlDHu8ymP7P7EZU0WFRf-bBXatDCMttIi5WteCy11GRZCGMAiwMQ4nQRgtCRBjh0otXkgVP1klrzEnHpzyWzsdIian8OzrQTj0ctouy75gdB8W-2pow-Cf2-DlDA9H7Wq8NRpkNbR4A=w800-h600-no

Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro
Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut Lime Sauce

The beef was not bad, not like the best beef ever but pretty decent. The shrimp on the other hand...OMG I don't know what kind of crack sauce they put on it but it was utterly delicious. (@ariane37 I know your Steve agrees!). The shrimp were better than the ones at 'Ohana and the sauce had sort of a Thai-style coconut and lemongrass type sauce which was just perfect. It wasn't spicy, but was extremely flavorful, I loved this!
Wow, I thought maybe the other Steve was blowing the love of these out of proportion, so glad to hear they are as good as he said they were. That sauce sounds amazing. Fingers crossed maybe F&W will have something similar.

Here are our Lotus Magic Shots:

1loZB_DZ9pvSp9pgUZ6PzMQY2Izi4kfwfVdfy9BHuwYN80-Ft5IYKcS6gwysP3DMnmiO9AKOhorDmUC8CgGSulHK6hIscHpxmmu4TRuS0ORELXiTD7r4Pm9Mia1UBA7soVaAL5hrmSfIZjO6kbTBfP6XE16iENWXLYPTpXrWQjM_T4iLrzwoxEiygy8czRjNWAoZuAkQgTkVCflA3OylK76EkeGZRIWxt03zUstrVIzFygS_hxsODy_p4_8UOMifvJVyFWHMUIgNsOR1V2zgq1uFlJuY3RpjnsXZIrUFCA6tsXKo4oFovKuzbaHAFJZDn928jdRFdpWsyj0l10q0s7dN6ImQ1n-AIkLfgLYi1uX_QQN3H18szbMkUG6Xbt5gecqiJ1pHyQrYRnTh1KutnkfvArzNLlkeucad6kzaPYVCRh7FUQWyftRjH1741ilsF6YGQCkuT9NaBG8hXjUQTJtqiGwFKq-ffSUbrxgsYGh0W21s5MrWuRf6SsnS2RY41qsrSq7-CteuaqdQXoKLKFoxlKkkXY2V9OAQhi3Lsw9P_gMILfcq5R6gXnwJazEaquG7H64OxgpUzX-Yg6l0zVUDuMgwHjB6Qa9WSxAkdYT1HraiE2nhIFyzyw=w426-h638-no
xJQePO1wc1Tydb7DTBoA5UGXBDkB6iJhr8ju2IAM8APgG9QbvHsLxD0_zLI2pDfafT4T-PxANaLh8XkyLCDAvYFKtuNkkZBL6fwUeaoSuyIX0m1F68KNkKZVJxs8Obip_820lN8xn00Rn7SecJr3LmFeMvoOizCZ6sw2Tus8XIneKyDYJSKTVxMq8m1cOfCFmDJog87JcBxvnTeHjK2kNhUfrnQdQSCjbpuRSscTML4IFlcdS4329LN8Q4022QMTaYnDvzOMefHzmaHBQFcbQ5U8H6etekbLY0hamq0fzn0Yghrjm7-t6UMBrYNp9OUFKQyadOytLGOkwpZm_gH_fJN07_zSbkp_HYVBTQOaPCPFfL_bp3hptOkYHM0CAWEvsevXEt4OHXs3v67o59Y4LpNMDRg0uyMN4f5tnOKBoobd4keSLFw3UsAU0-vbDNPSyt889_Sa5i1HD9AeavC8UQvRGNixTniC4uY2THSpUVnBVLOZwi0Vq6T8ChXU1ZrGujOoqFDk8pvyc8PbOdC4qZOemNJgSA2lk8vgcDCxrmq3KWeLyRu8edP_a4wIHoTjYEQIm-YeTm4bMgJ53XD-TgDvNoxVcGiq8Ubny3Az_4EAGKoFI4RKdetxJg=w426-h638-no

Mc9JmBZ8ka3Ehl6RzFzw3q_nmJW635YkGFMr62PvFcu_SKe-b-xep4h7Lqm0jya4KBmJ7g_vWbBlWdaFrt9amxH5nSDt2kQ0M3LG6DnKyfT1Ydfd_4iyg5MDc37JNbGaH4pk5c5aSeVdM-kE6qlOlE12QVjj2MmMvjW7wh3LZH4f-7Nseyd9oLYxzTEE3kXqTInWAZQqD7sGnnh4j-gsjhVtPcefjVfGianXcAHEAkEZI8irrsz4MGWVYOddaXe5QvpVJMdJfak8Ne7TR2KfW4zErgZl1mbBXR2bPxFvZr60F4f1HW4i_ZBLpXeGhUrR7bAVgqDRlqFNN0zTjdo2ivKncfXAM-DS1LSIPqFC_84clzT8BQDEjnJu7lCTCiE3WntTElaL0qC9iFKyiIQzBSeWtVYLq7cExVYPpnYJMClXO3paQNJBTaaQQ2ahOECkMX6ZwKWRKx2R_1gaI4PDr0c5bXhYmLd_gFcphfR-Uivc-LQrHOwRg4yATwQRBJPEN0myTkFZqMcywzF5Frg8JSK1HSmAZDoCQmKmDHMhjhCgbmxK6glbZmQQ4VuiuX53q4XR5cyAd3VEpjHGMSw7YAK5vuL0KqnWntlLGupOkzcEqmElcUbGpcy5bQ=w426-h638-no
xgn8AcGinxyVrVP_eWVgcMbRYAZ2B410mFzry9zs3GrpamlVEl3_rF3Prx_ow9SR6zLn5YqzUL-QcwfEWyrS-PUSVYWYWKLKkT-O9oJTYigNQz_r7aiNnkaQlwrjCHMXZgyMnfoQajeB0Rd9PFM_4mWE1xBPttQAp-VYwJlAdhVv-SI2_Vssk_7LuvMQV2u6_slEgh5WgYp9M8ysACWLJstsCD-5bnyGgIPx_3J9wnUcr3gvxkOmOO1BsS1hOH-fqn1BTQbWzyBeTEJIHOrdgn16zflJOCdKj-2QsP0rwkquMb7Z9thHgzZKqJqSnKgTH4awGrAGmVI7mECBiq0G8JkLMzVmX3tgSZnDunCq3cJ0bEN2z1wYRTjJFpAQeOSlxnH1gQ5OwZLb5fS61ayH5gFSMYcow-X16rr3CImMasonCEfDmm2zcK_wauN_wjtx4tDb93JdIr-CSAyTC-HfxrjYjfOcO1jq1EHnwFdwSSbw2tsSa97tbAqIBhNgTAryQryLNNPSXmmcxtyU_DXzEg1LRcoOp34Yj_F6sqFc85m1k4W_uEm9jIwJsc8EBbQhL0FTfKsVEEzb3s0GFe_Rp9HDvSnSyMPHW1F3knzNg0SXNQbYvxzu6GSHfw=w426-h638-no
These are amazing!!!! I'd never even heard of or seen this before. Steve is great and all, but love the ones of just you. Lotus looks good on you :-)

We walked around and decided to stake a spot out for Illuminations, however, it was so empty that a great view can be had from almost anywhere. Finally we settled near Germany because we got a seat at a picnic bench which some others had kindly shared with us, and the view from here looked like it would be pretty great.

VAXSohdYQO2ZG8PIW__G1xFAXhJyY142uWZqjgmW95gpVWG3LIf5GAHTEMI7Uauok6WstkDSQS_2nqsqdUpBCFK5N6q0_MVzeNJryRPbJcQ_BnZAIkK06Nbxcq_skn8EPAjCeoim0jpQNpgGNeWkWLVRjsKUSq51oPTg8OGoc8aeGhRrcIysuZi5T0HXUfSmxCPyBlGAtIArFA6ZnexZ2vrIlC-VOZDNVawdVle6CtmJtd6UAfKRnCob-ul4Eun97ZA3iErZly2obJ8rGdsTclb9L3_2_Z8MkAXEz3o3ame7BC041OV3Bn-QIjamONa7vhif9qYlbgJQlMNiuZddmzMdhVF48rUeFv0vJ4ttxBCZtair5dnJNZDTfjXzYGJIGc9iB98yEBpYan0yhbc0PqAhLq7wz48ruJWtZ8TcWLWFD1va_WGik9-WhRGXAYmrVzTcbfVWzcYtPzZbfsBqwRcUe81kYhKEXbpe5RA7fGJhQRMaJFA3iYCRhnHxiGUjWSBZEblhjI1WLtYqPeqUMLw93yhkWNselQjwA5z_Uvq6i7gPAiKg7L7yzD3V9vPMcYIlzrqr9VVxPm9EpdFkmotD2fGPzwTERq20EsdMf6vl_Ft2bRZIw2TmGA=w800-h533-no
What luck. Illuminations, snacks, and a seat. Perfect night cap to your best day ever!

Impressive! #FarmerJason and #FarmerSteve would get along so well! They can have their own Flower and Garden festival! BTW, when were you heading down in November? We get there Oct 30th and staying until the 5th. Is Jason running the 10k or the half?
We get down the morning of the 3rd and are leaving the 11th. We haven't made any plans yet, aside from potentially doing the CG brunch after Jason runs the half. He's doing both the 10K on Saturday and the Half on Sunday. Hopefully we can find sometime to meet up

I just wanted to share this picture of DH's Living With The Land - inspired hydroponic garden he created in our basement.

That is very impressive! Not only just the hardware, but the fact that all his plants look great! My tomato plants (in the ground) look horrible, even though they are making tasty fruit, the plants look like they have blight or some other disease!

Spaceship Earth so we boarded our time travel capsule...only to realize our screen wasn't working, so we had no future, LOL.

I know, that happened to me the last time I rode it, but perhaps since I was with a friend and not my SO, it was just telling me that she and I didn't have a future together! :laughing:

If I had known Universe of Energy was closing so soon I would have probably hopped on but considering I haven't been on that ride for 12 years

I really wanted to ride that on the last trip knowing that it would be going away and now I won't have another chance to ride it, even though I last rode it in 2009 at F&W when we needed to sleep off our wine! :sad:

Although if I had a choice I'd probably choose TGMR over Universe of Energy.

I did ride that last year, just in case they took it out.

I just sat on a bench, ate popcorn, and reveled in all the good things that happened that day so far.

So nice when you can slow down and do that.

After my Best Day Ever revelation I met up with DH over at The Land. I told him how I was having the Best Day Ever!!
He's like, "But you say that every day when you're at Disney". :rotfl:
I mean, that's true, but today, today I really meant it! :thumbsup2

Well, he does have some truth there.

It then dawned on me that a little over a week ago I had heard that they started doing Lotus Magic Shots at China

I definitely want to try one of these shots on my next trip!

On the walk back to the BWV, I snapped these pics:

Looks like everyone wanted ice cream that night!

:eek: I'm not sure I would ever want ice cream that bad to wait in a line like that! Although we did love the ice cream there the time we tried it.

Briefly de-lurking to say how much I enjoy your trip reports!

I also love all your outfits!! Where do you find such cute stuff?? I want you to take me shopping :D

Aww thank you for reading and commenting!
Thank you! I have a whole separate Disney wardrobe that I wear on trips. I usually find most of my stuff at WDW (Trend-D is a favorite), Hot Topic, Her Universe, Kohl's, Amazon, as well as the good old Disney store. I have some stuff from Etsy and t-shirts from Fifth Sun as well. Sometimes I'll randomly find stuff at New York comic con, especially Star Wars t-shirts and tanks.
I pair them all usually with a skort from Sparkle Skirts or from Colorado Clothing. I love the look of skirts and having the shorts underneath is really key at WDW! Hope this helps!

Perfect plan!!

:thumbsup2

Some of my favorite times at Disney are taking in the little things, like enjoying a coffee by yourself, while your family rides Soarin' (I just can't ride it, the motion makes me sick), or people watching (you see a lot of interesting characters, and I don't mean just Mickey and Minnie). So, I totally get your best day ever!!!!

Thank you! It really is amazing how the little things are what really make the difference on the trip! I do really love people watching too!

Hi SU-Lynn. Loved your Best Day Ever! I know exactly what you mean. We had a day just like it last year. We spent the morning at Epcot, then back to the Boardwalk to relax at the pool, and back to Epcot for the evening. We just ate at various kiosks at F & G. Then my DH got a beer and popcorn and I got a coffee drink with Baileys and we just sat on a bench taking it all in, I remember that wonderful feeling so well. I'm so glad that you were able to share that good feeling with us. I enjoy reading your trip reports and appreciate you writing them.

Hi! Thank you so much for reading! It was such a wonderful day filled with things that make me happy - good food, fun characters, meeting Disney friends, great weather, and being at Disney World in general LOL. Your day sounds wonderful. I would totally enjoy your day exactly the way you said it - it sounds very similar to our time at the Boardwalk! I really love how close it is to Epcot!

Wow!! Steve's garden is amazing and the lettuce looks so good. I always get a kick out of eating a salad at Flying Fish where they say on the menu the ingredients were grown in The Land. I bet it's a similar thrill knowing you grew it. And no dirt!!! I do not have anything approaching a green thumb but may have to research it. He should do a "how to" post! :thumbsup2

I LOVE your best day ever. I totally get it. Just soaking up the magic can be perfection. I've definitely found that as one benefit of moving closer. I'm no longer in a hurry to fit everything in and can just meander.

I haven't seen the lotus pictures before - what great pics! Frame-worthy, for sure.

Right there with you on Illuminations! I will chain myself to one of the torches around the lagoon in protest. :laughing: But seriously, if ever they do decide to change it, I vote we (DISers) get together and book a dessert party to say farewell.

Love this! You are clearly still basking in the glow of your best day ever.

Thanks! It was just one of those days where you're just grinning from ear to ear.

Wow, I thought maybe the other Steve was blowing the love of these out of proportion, so glad to hear they are as good as he said they were. That sauce sounds amazing. Fingers crossed maybe F&W will have something similar.

Hahaha, for sure he was not kidding when he said they were great. It was funny when I met with @ariane37 and Steve for the first time and we were talking about the F&G kiosks, and we both gushed about the shrimp like it was the best thing we had ever eaten, LOL. I hope F&G has something similar!! I'll have to peruse the menus again. I sometimes try not to look at menus too much so I can be surprised when I get there but now I'm on the shrimp hunt.

These are amazing!!!! I'd never even heard of or seen this before. Steve is great and all, but love the ones of just you. Lotus looks good on you :-)

They are cool, aren't they? I had just heard about this and it came after the Tangled Magic Shot became so popular.
Thank you! Definitely better than the Lantern.

What luck. Illuminations, snacks, and a seat. Perfect night cap to your best day ever!

It was!!

We get down the morning of the 3rd and are leaving the 11th. We haven't made any plans yet, aside from potentially doing the CG brunch after Jason runs the half. He's doing both the 10K on Saturday and the Half on Sunday. Hopefully we can find sometime to meet up

Ah awesome. Where are you staying? We are running the 5k the morning of the 3rd, then promptly passing out until the afternoon where we'll have a few quick hours at MK, then back to the GF for dinner at Victoria and Alberts. On the 4th we move over to the Swan and then our whole afternoon and evening is at Epcot and we're pretty free - just going to eat around the world. On the 5th we have a 12pm lunch at Monsieur Paul and then most likely we'll have to leave for the airport after that. Let me know which day sounds good for you! I am not leaving the World without meeting with the food-queen Kastoney!
And wow good for Jason! :worship:
This week I tried to run a mile to start my "training" and I swear it really was the hardest thing I've ever done...:faint:

That is very impressive! Not only just the hardware, but the fact that all his plants look great! My tomato plants (in the ground) look horrible, even though they are making tasty fruit, the plants look like they have blight or some other disease!

Thank you! It took some trial and error for his plants to start growing but it finally worked!
Oh no! Well at least they are making some good tomatoes, so that's what counts!

I know, that happened to me the last time I rode it, but perhaps since I was with a friend and not my SO, it was just telling me that she and I didn't have a future together! :laughing:

Haha, this is not the first time this has happened actually. Think that ride needs a bit of maintenance...

I really wanted to ride that on the last trip knowing that it would be going away and now I won't have another chance to ride it, even though I last rode it in 2009 at F&W when we needed to sleep off our wine! :sad:

I know, you never want to do anything until you no longer have it...human nature I guess! But I doubt I'll get to ride it anyways so oh well!

So nice when you can slow down and do that.

It is! I have to make it a plan to just slow down a little, especially since I've planned so much for our next trip! (less than 2 weeks away!)

Well, he does have some truth there.

Haha, yes that's happens on a daily basis at Disney!

I definitely want to try one of these shots on my next trip!

Yes! They are very cool and still sort of an insider thing.

:eek: I'm not sure I would ever want ice cream that bad to wait in a line like that! Although we did love the ice cream there the time we tried it.

I don't want ice cream that much either, I don't eat a lot of ice cream in general but when I find a flavor I like, then I'll tend to eat it over and over.

Wow!! Steve's garden is amazing and the lettuce looks so good. I always get a kick out of eating a salad at Flying Fish where they say on the menu the ingredients were grown in The Land. I bet it's a similar thrill knowing you grew it. And no dirt!!! I do not have anything approaching a green thumb but may have to research it. He should do a "how to" post! :thumbsup2

Haha I don't have a green thumb and I didn't think Steve did either since we've lived in an apartment for many year and never grew anything. But now that we have a house it's like all he wants to do is grow stuff, LOL. It's pretty cool, although it wasn't without some trial and error. I'm pretty sure he can't remember everything that went into it, he ordered a lot of stuff from Crop King, I know that and then he bought these LED lights and was drilling all over the place to hang them, and at one point had aluminum foil hanging around the plants. He also has some watering system on a timer. It's a labor of LOVE for sure!

I LOVE your best day ever. I totally get it. Just soaking up the magic can be perfection. I've definitely found that as one benefit of moving closer. I'm no longer in a hurry to fit everything in and can just meander.

Thank you! I figure if anyone would understand it would be other DISboarders. Just the fact that we could walk around and do our own thing without running to another attraction etc was just really nice. I plan a lot sometimes and fit lots of stuff into one day, I do love days like that too - Our Star Wars Weekends trip back in 2015 - our first day was just jam packed, 2 SW-themed meals, fastpasses, motorcade, shows, dessert party and fireworks! But it was another great day and I absolutely loved everything we got to do on that day. But then again, nothing beats just roaming around content and being happy with just being there. :)
BTW, did you move to Florida? How cool!

I haven't seen the lotus pictures before - what great pics! Frame-worthy, for sure.

Thank you! They are definitely unique!

Right there with you on Illuminations! I will chain myself to one of the torches around the lagoon in protest. :laughing: But seriously, if ever they do decide to change it, I vote we (DISers) get together and book a dessert party to say farewell.

Hail no, we won't go! Oh wait, dessert party? OK!
That sounds like an EXCELLENT idea. I'm all for it!

Aww thank you for reading and commenting!
Thank you! I have a whole separate Disney wardrobe that I wear on trips. I usually find most of my stuff at WDW (Trend-D is a favorite), Hot Topic, Her Universe, Kohl's, Amazon, as well as the good old Disney store. I have some stuff from Etsy and t-shirts from Fifth Sun as well. Sometimes I'll randomly find stuff at New York comic con, especially Star Wars t-shirts and tanks.
I pair them all usually with a skort from Sparkle Skirts or from Colorado Clothing. I love the look of skirts and having the shorts underneath is really key at WDW! Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the tips. I've never heard of Colorado Clothing - those skorts look so comfy!

I am joining in SUPER late! But I can't wait to hear about the Best Day ever!

We woke pretty early, planning to take a ME bus at around 8:30-9am
How does that work? Don't they usually go by your flight time?

It had scrambled eggs, cheese, taco beef, salsa and some jalepenos and sour cream. Tasty!

SF6Vc1-ExhrTS1TgGOh96RFX5F9vzIa_m4H0sUPhMhv5fLx6NXDFsXYv4R9LhpzUCL3n-Nr9f59l7g2UeciOgFwpMDxzbIPgkcg-JZIET5uAjq9Z9cJJPcpxXBsbHcezYPe7CH2GuKyfVTKNe8p1akMxsrFc8xDU29si9izr0q9LgPKTub-uc5OTMYmE0OfAfp95TCkaPTb-9zAS4b9lkz7BKN2Cahut5oV270ylM3o2YhdEKJnu_SYrlwcovobuheMNh-M13SGNK-vGBq9Q1uOfxnQ3S3O--LAYR4bHh-QX_--fV9_KbS1rdGYDZuMbyYfhIfNTrb832nkvtQJCJCC-4_M6l_Lh_A2s0LkwYiX5zlijmjdOK4pWeF9I7kKvuspNwnaYtxhRJKXQ9itvdyftO4rtO5WqtpqDeS7vKEWPM0Gorv1p_WD2HAX2zDh6GfuuC0PWaQVxWAjJyXzd676FGaY9U3oi7FtgMI66CdtGm32aCYSSGfGk3Y_QCKbGb0kRL_tCauigirxIFcdscimCFms15yzXm67NukFrcIscyWdEolWsGFTdw0N_YvtFzE3c1EReXQNN3AET2HwH4cTo37Zfd9guCmslfBUoKE7JW68e33QYhw=w750-h563-no
Looks pretty good for "fast food".

Are there FP for this? Haha.
Don't give them any ideas! Maybe the Minnie cars can pick you up at the airport!

I LOVE your necklace!

f2ZF9B8cWDx6uoFSHFEa8wx1EtSguKQ9A_epaQakKY03OWx9d-lg3yaE9QJM79m13clv6pB1_RtPVB6H6VSFRNYtUxx5etbtNlNzyuzqqDy1MnOoTCUZiYBbg-EaGuJ_f_-0SesM0nIZrGdP8W-lghYJPnVfLUsuFfZDZD4AmBwdSWwy9pp3nV1VtlHhrlwrtC22iV-e3maJehiv4wLdYeZYBEjfxKZeP4fpM63QKel98LD6stKN9qWvOAKSwqP61f0KuhOfYxmCy3ihNiaE20Dwi54jalYqcyjGtjh2tX2SZPiotX3qYdm1odRyPWlc-zpLkmR8AL3-ck1VMutzzI4NmUVnb8iONFNFwIT2JfMPVmJAWaymhQCXd_YNk7hguRVDhhAXgO2asIj1qiajv_9jcCqLTnTh6Xgnyrufofa_JAsjzXlAtW4KTf82PUZWCGEo4ZCZyhG3xJTKzrHOgtE8Vv9-thUKIR1A_4hoMDPGBCNvwA84lFfZe1Y35lrlwdlZBZoSq1Dy6cgvtkfSqGXDAHUmlcKWOpuF2L50xorZ-a6URgxUoMKxIupcllmlYRlTaHIfe6LnoBlfed8pc04kNhoTf0geRokNjKWL1QszMfOJfdlEiA=w750-h563-no

And the scary clown water slide...but I tried to ignore that part. Hahaha. #PoltergeistFears :clown:
That is an amazing view! (Minus the clown... )

I have more to read and catch up on but wanted to add my comments before I forget them. (And fall asleep ;) )

I love the shirts! My DH would probably wear that shirt, too.

I love Mulan's face in the picture.

Help us, Mulan, you're our only hope! :laughing:

LcXtfuXIy_T54NPmvQPrR1K70I6SYqo6SCwVTfj-IVEfsmSsocwFu-CfGS7_8wugNoYPRqgiZ5T_JWTuOGqnpdzotWB9mTSxMPcylrNCZw9yfx-4J9MMfYDUzdUgegpfBU7rGixJu-W8IZpz62YHUvHhr62rUtctIYLd39-LlVyh5YVh6D1hmvEB6H3S_zn3UU6sRW-osawtYpiBGhQ7VDzZxuF1THXQn1XS48Y5FlWiwK_8DydQrINJDCA0E785jtMVAxWBy2EsqrxVXU82p8kboRx7ZRIyGJUAp4NmTH5TYCs4zbKZuKt3knycp8KWOYqE2oRmh7GxvKWlubRyYiTEDr39IkW4Yv-eXC3HmmLsfFZOPd1lNAiuciaN0AjiP5Dipj7jdYQ85WVciJMQ-utcKZuulogp6I8UF4hdNccldq3S6tLt_9II6rCjeyRJOmdewp69_VbPPj404TwdNa5H3J1H21VDv8uBZIJAmvfgt2ljKXB6CyKtFIoWqAaeijaZhY2PTo-i3zcGEio8FEIXl3sR6s_k1cC0IluOq5lNzLbLhXlN159NU4tT6zXUAk3ivzkrq3aorGm5TEhqXPE6kNdOr0PrGa5KoK_C6b60nbuB17lWMA=w750-h500-no
Too funny. Perfect picture.

What's the point of designing a car?
Seriously! Since we are a party of 4 we usually get to design 2 cars. It is always fun to see who did better. Otherwise, you are just riding in a convertible...

I don't know why the one from the PP photographer looks so washed out.
Man, that's 2 not great PP photos. You would think that they would have the settings down pat.

Boy were we full. We ate almost all the sides, think we only had some noodles left on the plate. I really like the potstickers and noodles
We are going to Ohana for the first time in September. I can't wait. Will they give you more of the sides if you ask? My DD's will probably eat mostly dumplings and noodles...

FRONTIERLAND IS MAGICAL. I KID YOU NOT.

Or Maybe it's only Magical in May? :laughing:

Backstory: Almost exactly 2 years ago to this day, we were at WDW the same time as @Tracy161. We hadn't had any formal plans to meet (I don't know why we didn't just set something up!) so it was entirely by some magical pixie-dusted coincidence that as we were leaving BTMRR after riding it a third time, I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Su-Lynn?" and I turn around and see Tracy in person!! She was basically sitting a few rows behind us on BTMRR. You can read about that amazing impromptu Dismeet HERE.
That is too funny! And Awesome. All of your meetings this day and then on your Pandora day, it's like you are at your local mall and just running into people. I love it!

I managed to get these shots on the ride. Please note, don't attempt this unless you have a camera strap on your phone/camera or something to secure it to your hand! Your camera WILL go flying if you don't!

RpoVTWPcTFf5FDWtYe6lD2RqvRy2QVMj3B6ddx_gylsGil7mNabJNa3q5TrfDdl6F7LZu60s7jyD4DAxD2pFysVXNCtTWa3LbVYFqj2Q4yvVvHK79L-6x286kmLli6XOhB-WcJxi8lwrfj93p5ggVgtdpUb9037lRtt4qupDBMo6IA-qFAeiXKz_bPqfNe_8W1GNHHVaJSs80Eo8XEX4GHeSOTVO3R9wcXsOiSStvKxhgX8lREOLUQSbCu9F9-AKFPmewyTO1sorfGydYvuMWyt1MmBdgpXXzOjVoRz-wqDFR9R4jRaK33dyCpFpu1aR4y-D9N5j7JKFQmXLk6Yu1lghh_BqtIRSB_KjJSARt0JxwYG5AcV-bD3sp76RPSoQj2HcDmnCHzVCHuFgI-2dwJ9VEYOR04V0JT0k6p6F2HNQrtRNUkbOdMB4x-1HBjRe5LaudsjoG6K16QommPR-QyQVcM7zTcPel6Qb80XV041-Th29dLVrGRFQVc6pXsMlvI1Oz0VcUeUgTBHjaK2_7S-27_loOY9oNuum8a_qp7zkROBjj3wl6n771EtARBvwJDzEcUhTlkEImjO5c-MqCio2e3-rNJX_VqPNPjmWiqnqP6Hd6h3wPA=w750-h500-no
I am always afraid of dropping my phone. But I love these pictures!

This is a perfect pic! The boat is seriously perfectly placed.

Instead it was more "Am I doing it right?" or "You want me to hold it where?"

4iIPE4poS2usI3I-gGG7SCg4aL8K2XAGBuyB0HyMKLFloZSaO6Ccx7ekzXLYXW91l8cVVCmlk7gOybA-zXFUvZF2hUuMNOVT_D6vhamIklfkDx6tJ4xLHY2qxD79BfkgFXzlQtPbYkWiwJC7dFf-qj-3rinsW1r0r_IU5ft97w1-PxpKED7B7VW4sJyxEcVlLXKFkO528NrdoU9l8qZa3QlFOhUhBl2WN8VrYGxaICLvlaz4ZWanx_izshR-KHTAVxLm0zSzFfmCQWzTWXN7ymviebEHSz-ywxqeZ0su-72XOmgDr4-pQU8bikPtOtU_dcU0NSHkIBoAjV-qc4kpmJdqPV6cW-SeOqraBcgyrlkX11XIiTycTWF2KwFjJIFshFkBGGqBo-WLbWRBasantXuw4bjsoVKT4N989DUkrhyhYmWGkm29Od4K46yIPRODKL1g1qBVHI_PXfwEDKNJU_8XnDVZUTpTF9GhuTz3Gf8f95AbWQsnsYt6rOPQ_puuwPbe9o9Rko0aYn0_YWba-r25oYWHi0Ml8hEjbFrlxykC54UpyQHf0OhUV9FUqsjZgmlr7Q5HvChxbTwv0CgjhQgkermFd019iBDRep1irB1aju2beyLz5w=w750-h500-no
Ha! This is what I would look like...

Awesome picture!

OMG. PANDORA IS INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!
I can't wait to go!

DH even made a crown of ice cubes which were held up by his sunglasses. I labeled him Queen Elsa. Haha.
I was going to say, where is the picture of this...

And the Touring Plan's Tweet! Do you see us? I was laughing at DH at his Queen Elsa Ice crown.
Yd-IaOrBptHN48kTrisMUNpBXKAcf-vgHqA0ETavQpJWOllcZqfJ7uKnv13mRzOZH5VCtMRPQCuca7hwtEE4lrdmWb9VzebHrvcE6JWT0eqeRbUdJlRm6KYY3npOIjzRn6bn78kOl4lIZXFO6hT27fcqBp4DumLjYGDPAFRErqY2a4kRdYqBS07uY6juP36k6em4WH2b70LG_CToP3PsgL_1Twhuxs9_Jlyu8F1BAVVZUBkkymuPsPZ3z9sGVZgpnQsTq59V04M3NkcgOVFysOGPk_DNCvZCkzHFJ5OKkcBhmrMQLzeazugomYcGHlDL3ehDjIw31Dth0DaU82o0I6psB8QFiO3FS3WHfdFg8Bm6uh0leGSPB3zdYOnBTIJJ4Sw-uA2lkjmuEQkAH-iZGc4Tupul8ph2lYzND0rhdXzWgX79uiC-qol-vB_sHLNKM7PNZyDwnhHH4M36JE5mTcSI-6-KhYNa9mbZMt3SKTOPopMGvjnc_dlMw27MR251p7FxWBOFMy60Sw4c5mQroZT6xOWfl3-0ukHGlKK5nyE1Jab1ih8E7UTXGEOTTXKjVQfGAJ9CkspWImlvFBLEhwZUQqhdW1QnwJUBEA4RWO4ZkhiwXUdDAQ=w601-h487-no
It's like you are famous!

Here's Steve's ice crown and me and Betsy (@tankgirl427 , who kept piling ice on his head!
tZXeUGwM9KFXvXTyN-2Ww3Fjz1LKyQj91-MWE7qU1Id2DAjBLUUi_BHuvdkZG1kIznTncRCpuKF6M_EMb6_B7USG8uOK8ZIexIU8UNJxHxdqNMKYHdrjEz6qrEgCi01FhMcRp_PPcgR7xoVKdnCjM_74KARnsPGoY4dsmZWjla3q9DI-tB740pjla9nOwNr4N5HxdEfF1loBo_OaIc59LY1uI07CBf6wNqW4frWmRhuwhlUBmc3JzQs9zewn5qDYvnI5CRaD-pGbOfgExyI4ZHheKT_s4NGZa2BPMrxB7_KMOywywQLx6f0bZ_p8F-QRVJAybpUKMi6jcpCtFmo8wBJsYBB7NIe_wuNCbKM7LbLKjW01_jLRUExk7sMnqdSanoTIx6Qdggyvi_wtO2twntKplU01MWwslk749rxUZJoRAy0EQthOWiuD7XiL6waEC1elgu9NfQ4UckL_-4RvhZf_yggHHwEPoltMtxwnfoGmnq1w8kqZFR-FEOnxlAC44Exww9p1uB-9-F3QWDIaAi7AtqfbpiQC9uBmHBfesu3LU4OEecmQFNL_31-YXEV0vnZt8w0hMlanqX9ILma24ocrX-QZ7IP8WM9YugX8lOoYEhKS2fwI5Q=w479-h638-no
But there it is!

Here's the ride's 3D glasses.
Seriously, you are amazing at documenting all of the little things about the expierence.i totally forget to take pictures of just about everything! Thanks!

She'd be fine. I saw people larger than her on the ride, locked in place, although not sure about their comfort level!
Have you heard anything about kids? My youngest DD is tall enough but she is tiny, I am wondering how she will fit.

Here's Betsy's Slow - Roasted Grilled Beef rice bowl: Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef marinated in a blend of Garlic, Herbs, Red Pepper Spice, and Red Wine Vinegar topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Boba Balls served with your choice of Base and Sauce

18557405_10213445431596786_749098561657450702_n.jpg
That beef looks so good.

Steamed Cheeseburger Pod stuffed with Ground Beef, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle, and Cheddar Cheese served with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Vegetable Chips.
Your the first to mention the ketchup, mustard and pickle inside.. Interesting.

Night Blossom, which is the non-alcoholic slushie on the menu. Here's the description: "Mixture of Limeade with Apple and Desert Pear flavors topped with Passion Fruit Boba Balls." It is basically violet lemonade. Yup you can get violet lemonade at AK now, year-round.
I will def have to try this!

Although the 2 hour wait even with FP is kinda deterring me a bit..
Hope that is not the case!

Thanks so much for the tips. I've never heard of Colorado Clothing - those skorts look so comfy!

They are pretty comfy! I buy mine from Amazon but my local Costco had them a few summers ago and I snatched a few up. I must say the sparkle skirts are my favorite though because they never ever ride up and they have a cute swing cut.

I am joining in SUPER late! But I can't wait to hear about the Best Day ever!

Thank you for reading!!

How does that work? Don't they usually go by your flight time?

Usually, yes. I filled out the form myself and just put the same flight number but the next day. It doesn't really matter as long as you have a reservation to check in at a disney resort on that day you are taking ME. They just scanned our bands and let us through.

Don't give them any ideas! Maybe the Minnie cars can pick you up at the airport!

Haha, I wish!

I LOVE your necklace!

Thank you!! It is from Disney Couture from a few years ago.

I love the shirts! My DH would probably wear that shirt, too.

Thank you! Haha trying to figure out how many Gaston shirts I'll bring for DH on our next trip!

I love Mulan's face in the picture.

She was so cute and chatty!

Too funny. Perfect picture.

Haha, it was a fun interaction! I'll have to do this again when my sister is actually with me!

Seriously! Since we are a party of 4 we usually get to design 2 cars. It is always fun to see who did better. Otherwise, you are just riding in a convertible...

Yeah that is the fun part of the ride! I hope it works in 2 weeks...

Man, that's 2 not great PP photos. You would think that they would have the settings down pat.

Sometimes I don't think the photographers check their settings enough, or perhaps they are not all well trained as others. But I am a bit critical though since I used to be a photographer!

We are going to Ohana for the first time in September. I can't wait. Will they give you more of the sides if you ask? My DD's will probably eat mostly dumplings and noodles...

They will give you more of ANYTHING that you ask for. Yum!!! Have fun! We're going in two weeks and cannot wait!

That is too funny! And Awesome. All of your meetings this day and then on your Pandora day, it's like you are at your local mall and just running into people. I love it!

I love it too! Now WDW is a place to meet friends as well as go on my favorite rides...maybe I WILL treat it like a mall, haha.

I am always afraid of dropping my phone. But I love these pictures!

Thanks! I strapped my camera onto my hand!

This is a perfect pic! The boat is seriously perfectly placed.

Thanks! It really was great timing!

Ha! This is what I would look like...

I give up on these pictuers. I'll attempt one more time in two weeks but if that one doesn't come out good either...no more!

Awesome picture!

Thank you!!

I can't wait to go!

It's amazing!!!

It's like you are famous!

Haha! I had no idea that Touring Plans was in front of us, now THEY are famous!

Seriously, you are amazing at documenting all of the little things about the expierence.i totally forget to take pictures of just about everything! Thanks!

Thank you so much! I really just try to remember for myself too, I love to look back and see how I felt when I experience something for the first time (or for the 50th time) - it never gets old!

Have you heard anything about kids? My youngest DD is tall enough but she is tiny, I am wondering how she will fit.

I believe other than the height requirement I don't think there is any other restriction. She will be fine, they strap you in pretty tightly!

That beef looks so good.

It was definitely good!

Your the first to mention the ketchup, mustard and pickle inside.. Interesting.

Haha I took that description off the Disney website but to be honest it was mostly just ground beef...

I will def have to try this!

It's really good! Now I want some violet lemonade!

Hope that is not the case!

Hope so too! Fingers crossed....

If I had known Universe of Energy was closing so soon I would have probably hopped on but considering I haven't been on that ride for 12 years, and probably would have waited another 12 before I go on it again, it is probably never going to happen. Haha.

That's what I keep saying to myself!! I almost got on it half a dozen times during my week, but I kept thinking about how much time it would take from other things. I regret it a liiiitle bit, but not too much!

and then as we were exited DH decided to play that video game.

My kids love this game. If we're ever there at the same time again when my family is with me, he can go off with them and we can go sit somewhere with iced lattes, LOL!!

There was some aerial art that pretty much summed up my feeling at that moment. #happy
Not a cloud in the sky. What a gorgeous day!

tz1p_U4M5pkLhZCEjHNXLM5E-sbjbkKs__jPQ1IxT9FAamkaQGEDOttIbOnrAV5CCStEt1U146EMtgIY5pb6Zd-YS4Y8aaZc7Hv8ur_GYwEKzPtVFKTvgx_ktzZSzgZjqpn1RLKgLHqHLQgmuKwm_fYnVx2qb14Gskv4mB3bMHJM6M3843q1wli76WsXr0o4A6yfPCyifBTrLkmCbYIXJASG_yvNEYyJwnhh4xXsI-OjIX1l8UoevG4yRnH6ee0Wz5-bRizglV3kzz9RWZVtUfKS1c9nzytykFv0jspg0Le6zq8I3xw3Ijvn2Oyz5oGk4YFILTlvxtUJnOB-bGqkvusrbW9-WMWB0Kvud8FbU6aBFRIyjaVoLDT0QpQBflO-ylyFK3I-gQTznKq6cfdAJq5gIEQHIRoTsJVrzSkMsp1s8xoQRgqtEyD9oK_OwTC-DJI-iAw-yUA62W51akp4vSPk2H3MxcWef6cR9awnEaqmhqjdMaGQ0KGYNopOaVYhD8EEib7Y3TiIG2qSQmnqq63APwpX3hlmrnyEU8D-3PDoaHhO8cf1jtnrdentFC2tFN9gsVK_ioZ6pfiRzHlybMQdVl4wUOy_aRxsfqKGaYqRtJO5WlEJjLN7xw=w800-h600-no

Oh my gosh, this is perfect!!

That is the sweetest thing! I think a little Disney magic happened...they KNEW it was going to be your best day ever and found a way to bring in your favorites. Sometimes I SWEAR they invade our brains somehow to make things like this happen!

Because everyone, I was having the BEST. DAY. EVER.

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Sometimes things just fall so perfectly into place. I love your BEST.DAY.EVER!!

Granted, the weather accounted for 75% of the best-ness

Oh yeah, the weather can make or break it, lol!

I mean, that's true, but today, today I really meant it! :thumbsup2

Haha, SAAAAME!! Every Disney day is the best, but I agree that this one was the BEST best!!

Maybe if we get a bigger house...and a bigger basement, we can attempt the Mickey Head, LOL. :earseek:

I bet he can do it! I'm super impressed with the basement garden!!

1loZB_DZ9pvSp9pgUZ6PzMQY2Izi4kfwfVdfy9BHuwYN80-Ft5IYKcS6gwysP3DMnmiO9AKOhorDmUC8CgGSulHK6hIscHpxmmu4TRuS0ORELXiTD7r4Pm9Mia1UBA7soVaAL5hrmSfIZjO6kbTBfP6XE16iENWXLYPTpXrWQjM_T4iLrzwoxEiygy8czRjNWAoZuAkQgTkVCflA3OylK76EkeGZRIWxt03zUstrVIzFygS_hxsODy_p4_8UOMifvJVyFWHMUIgNsOR1V2zgq1uFlJuY3RpjnsXZIrUFCA6tsXKo4oFovKuzbaHAFJZDn928jdRFdpWsyj0l10q0s7dN6ImQ1n-AIkLfgLYi1uX_QQN3H18szbMkUG6Xbt5gecqiJ1pHyQrYRnTh1KutnkfvArzNLlkeucad6kzaPYVCRh7FUQWyftRjH1741ilsF6YGQCkuT9NaBG8hXjUQTJtqiGwFKq-ffSUbrxgsYGh0W21s5MrWuRf6SsnS2RY41qsrSq7-CteuaqdQXoKLKFoxlKkkXY2V9OAQhi3Lsw9P_gMILfcq5R6gXnwJazEaquG7H64OxgpUzX-Yg6l0zVUDuMgwHjB6Qa9WSxAkdYT1HraiE2nhIFyzyw=w426-h638-no
xJQePO1wc1Tydb7DTBoA5UGXBDkB6iJhr8ju2IAM8APgG9QbvHsLxD0_zLI2pDfafT4T-PxANaLh8XkyLCDAvYFKtuNkkZBL6fwUeaoSuyIX0m1F68KNkKZVJxs8Obip_820lN8xn00Rn7SecJr3LmFeMvoOizCZ6sw2Tus8XIneKyDYJSKTVxMq8m1cOfCFmDJog87JcBxvnTeHjK2kNhUfrnQdQSCjbpuRSscTML4IFlcdS4329LN8Q4022QMTaYnDvzOMefHzmaHBQFcbQ5U8H6etekbLY0hamq0fzn0Yghrjm7-t6UMBrYNp9OUFKQyadOytLGOkwpZm_gH_fJN07_zSbkp_HYVBTQOaPCPFfL_bp3hptOkYHM0CAWEvsevXEt4OHXs3v67o59Y4LpNMDRg0uyMN4f5tnOKBoobd4keSLFw3UsAU0-vbDNPSyt889_Sa5i1HD9AeavC8UQvRGNixTniC4uY2THSpUVnBVLOZwi0Vq6T8ChXU1ZrGujOoqFDk8pvyc8PbOdC4qZOemNJgSA2lk8vgcDCxrmq3KWeLyRu8edP_a4wIHoTjYEQIm-YeTm4bMgJ53XD-TgDvNoxVcGiq8Ubny3Az_4EAGKoFI4RKdetxJg=w426-h638-no

Mc9JmBZ8ka3Ehl6RzFzw3q_nmJW635YkGFMr62PvFcu_SKe-b-xep4h7Lqm0jya4KBmJ7g_vWbBlWdaFrt9amxH5nSDt2kQ0M3LG6DnKyfT1Ydfd_4iyg5MDc37JNbGaH4pk5c5aSeVdM-kE6qlOlE12QVjj2MmMvjW7wh3LZH4f-7Nseyd9oLYxzTEE3kXqTInWAZQqD7sGnnh4j-gsjhVtPcefjVfGianXcAHEAkEZI8irrsz4MGWVYOddaXe5QvpVJMdJfak8Ne7TR2KfW4zErgZl1mbBXR2bPxFvZr60F4f1HW4i_ZBLpXeGhUrR7bAVgqDRlqFNN0zTjdo2ivKncfXAM-DS1LSIPqFC_84clzT8BQDEjnJu7lCTCiE3WntTElaL0qC9iFKyiIQzBSeWtVYLq7cExVYPpnYJMClXO3paQNJBTaaQQ2ahOECkMX6ZwKWRKx2R_1gaI4PDr0c5bXhYmLd_gFcphfR-Uivc-LQrHOwRg4yATwQRBJPEN0myTkFZqMcywzF5Frg8JSK1HSmAZDoCQmKmDHMhjhCgbmxK6glbZmQQ4VuiuX53q4XR5cyAd3VEpjHGMSw7YAK5vuL0KqnWntlLGupOkzcEqmElcUbGpcy5bQ=w426-h638-no
xgn8AcGinxyVrVP_eWVgcMbRYAZ2B410mFzry9zs3GrpamlVEl3_rF3Prx_ow9SR6zLn5YqzUL-QcwfEWyrS-PUSVYWYWKLKkT-O9oJTYigNQz_r7aiNnkaQlwrjCHMXZgyMnfoQajeB0Rd9PFM_4mWE1xBPttQAp-VYwJlAdhVv-SI2_Vssk_7LuvMQV2u6_slEgh5WgYp9M8ysACWLJstsCD-5bnyGgIPx_3J9wnUcr3gvxkOmOO1BsS1hOH-fqn1BTQbWzyBeTEJIHOrdgn16zflJOCdKj-2QsP0rwkquMb7Z9thHgzZKqJqSnKgTH4awGrAGmVI7mECBiq0G8JkLMzVmX3tgSZnDunCq3cJ0bEN2z1wYRTjJFpAQeOSlxnH1gQ5OwZLb5fS61ayH5gFSMYcow-X16rr3CImMasonCEfDmm2zcK_wauN_wjtx4tDb93JdIr-CSAyTC-HfxrjYjfOcO1jq1EHnwFdwSSbw2tsSa97tbAqIBhNgTAryQryLNNPSXmmcxtyU_DXzEg1LRcoOp34Yj_F6sqFc85m1k4W_uEm9jIwJsc8EBbQhL0FTfKsVEEzb3s0GFe_Rp9HDvSnSyMPHW1F3knzNg0SXNQbYvxzu6GSHfw=w426-h638-no

These are GORGEOUS!! I had no idea these were a thing!! I cannot forget this for October.

It really was a perfect way to end my Best Day Ever.

STdAip4E_PGqcIHO037gHF3rrkIfPbbLHjf_HX7rAnFyhbdjjgdeReMjiecU5DmNDAt_96XXmgcFIUzGIf_ARnQgvRgrQDMYaZTlMX4Ahmuy2fKiFCyD9JjE9b48lPLmdiHrJZkz1vgSH9Yg2T0YjV55pydN8OY0aP0yitDk0t0lhIofSnTwRzMuV4S-HHI9hXRSgT1URlT5SZQd1xd8GIsXTYUhyNxN0TkIF5SJmIZGy25flzpteN9ACEKAEus-eRHgCLsqKJslKC4jw9Y3qnN5d9-yHnHIsMjNi_47KzBsHE-emtRL9dbq41xYRuQUMD6qXkl3pTSkyotWVPlG62tWOI1neORjX-hk-JuphNhNnGuXQ8w5F7yVLY3EDxlO0FOtCD6UbS6kn0ctcdgNoPbseaEabRPqPagULos-1sGIhW3XMQaeK5NVSiQWzgt-rLCk-_n5xXOgl3_JbUxpN-izvmJsr3sIV8_-_UdO0gHhlPsgej3eKSflQWsF7PVK6GzSo7ANHSp3-7PakblHcimhWNSXB7edZ_FqkGOGUkrgLzKQnu2Djkl5-fAx6miZ2IFj5OHUnLCLhC4SVtUVMinvHDdKqFHkc88b7wOtZafudpdE4_MxJ9r_GQ=w800-h533-no

The perfect ending :lovestruc:lovestruc

If they ever get rid of Illuminations I'm going to riot. Who's with me? #solidarity :rainbow:

I agree! I never get to see it as often as I want b/c I am not good at staying out late (yes, I am 100 years old) and I usually fold early on Epcot days. But it's one of my most vivid memories from my first trip. (RIP Tapestry of Nations parade :sad::sad::sad::sad:) and I can't imagine them changing it!

(but if I did you'd know because I'd be moving into Golden Oaks and throwing the biggest party at WDW and you're all invited. HAHAHAHA)

Same!! This is what we always say!!

DH checks for jobs in IT with Disney, but they are always so low paying for his title and experience that it's kind of depressing. To have the Disney Life we would want, we'd have to have that lotto win and the Golden Oaks home!

I am all caught up! I made it. It only took me 3 nights to read all of it!

.I prefer 50's Prime Time fried chicken over Homecoming's.
Interesting! Have you had the fried chicken from Hoop Dee Doo Review or Trails End? I know people talk about that all the time as well.

But of course getting our check took like 20 minutes but at least it came and we were on our way. :rolleyes:
I feel like this happens at all restaurants. And I always wonder why they don't want you out of there at that point...

It's funny though that Steve saw him working out at the Boardwalk gym the next day. You know, gotta get ripped, and he has a looooong way to go. Hahaha.
OMG, THAT is hilarious!

Right after, we checked out the wait times for Toy Story....and there was NONE, there was no need for fast pass either. We walked on THREE times. I'm not kidding, it was amazing! This never happens for us!
I am hoping we get a little of that magic, we have never been able to ride TSM more than once a trip.

When we arrived we saw the AP line was insanely long, whereas every other line was shorter. It somehow astounded me that people would continue to wait in the AP line when they could just go on a much shorter regular line. #confused
Ha. I find this happens all the time! People will wait to go through the one open door even thought there is another one right next to it. It always seems so silly.

As we waited, we realized how huge the line got behind us in a short amount of time, so we were just there at the right place and right time!
Best Day Ever!

H6P2kta0YivhqDUJAiAnrNibU8axuYzgwZQxzal9LY8PYS_6dWc4YvwtqCX2shXNuER9ll_Pt3asELb4azCNkcge-XQvAGEVZmYRTP3Qd56fOob4eRQ_Hxc_veXO26_qGUGLoY9W-qigfRF-i2X5xXIoDWt6dqoRN6xuVTUkK1tTv-dwbRXKquLseSxte1i3FQXri3dYYdEXwBms_6eN-Ebz0cIIEap78wtOoYLTF2pkPpT_S6Xo5FFmC64FnCMxbRmt1s2k30mvUzjwMYUnXoF1FUWS1_et7iB1M574bs0ASCysr0aKhL6b0Eu_OE3OXLdJ4mxcko_NgVSzmWgHHi4YY-vfLhODe08aNTU5aRwFUCMBD7m_lz37kvfn9VRc5xOqrg5IJatXR7EnF3460EL_3YJL5cUKXuHDChm_EuXI6FcZQArOpaXwQ95xRpXUhwa_Fp-20ib6mvFHyfqGkbf_4NZj5LfaoRsD_Tl3bt_MjiAgDai-BIK8c2V2NKTFD0mIbErX4QpsQDfL4xynx0-60lRKazGS9vdyX-1k4UbdpdU1tMpfs17xAThF4sHAuRsa7aS_1ueSXyaWV3C5JGcawaN_H3cFabuLLnCqqaRNM3B8ou-59ZDyQQ=w426-h638-no
qc_UQDGLz64w9qcLR_q_e-d7AxQdhAjGtnaf-qX1j1a6QJxD_LheNud4EOH8gBYUFB17jDaE5c_qJY6x013JvfkEvc_hWTysVN0PqixthHd6sf6JT5ujtKlExceP5OKF--_aQph_AhgRnkUFi5iwsDapIyVHdJsxdg6eH9Widn45G0kY3R8JxH9IEyqvfVPVzQ6WzmVV0L49k8eDzuwxT_OHARA-6yWAhYeoiVM8kXtC6Yl7VyT8bv7n_QYyahzJzyspHyeGDsD5SzTeaVhllPpcLb2PEe6iWywCBFe37fd0t-SXzXZk1Eyb9IglQ5TJvIN0qVNnb06V2_hWi7B_Vaf17iTYbl3f_BMmFUPHP1nRv0Qjz2POj_Wmt32zl8oeO4mLXbs0kRnoC4oUHPtOVke64UFribS9Ke7caH1kDFVkUbrKzU3RdqPyJypziPEhTd7d5650GCRpX2Dx08yyT9T7mUOSygnyqYfn2eFqYPBaM_zL_BezKMQLyYfUd61_PtlVg_C-bjI7TWti3S4wOjzXddgz-7JMvpfsa1suI4L1Y8NdX271PkN09KUy845ycYcwAcSNUGZkymlzzYa9JhkM3UAfB5ijnSK1L2QBhsmFp_w_fPcNpPP4lg=w426-h638-no

Literally everything that came out of his mouth was hilarious. Of course it being 3 months later, I don't remember everything he said, but I knew it was funny (hence my expression above). I wish I took video but I was just kinda too distracted.
My girls refuse to go meet him. I might have to make them go next time. they don't like the "villains."

gdapwYqirjGmZpg_dSGhhmYQppKOaQMlO_zDq2lH11wrcJ921jqxd-8h_djuPOYGj4k0o1FVg4hWJbwH8sfTZyOseVREULhDmN0GVC1uWiOHatV_NQcWGiP7IR-HvFrWAVy2Brf9MaKIa5yxBAA0i-LV8cMakH_hDCWf9Ko9GyYSrd49OXrI-keSaizSOBHOgEbk8o6vlBgiTrTUc3LISQsdik22aBH3T2Cmrh8cMowrYVJFLa0ME6HY063Hw4KELpYz9_q5PwlP1WXhA9AJ11qxS_CQ1UdSyPi6V3K5zbTvujQOYrf9USP7dnT_5bXIIKssS6brQ2kU1SIC6kU6MvCesVBuo89XKPDrAiO6bH6HNxx28gtt3rn5lXbAj6Wu3tALppEXeFzZaKQJbUtH0kqeuIIUwDeAAWCh-dJEQiR9HDXx63cx08a0AJ6M8lVqbqjj8P1NSrCtGit8p-PoRNsPQSbjbMgkqpoMktgw7x4JslKb_5MS9WYWNefxjpu0_HBR8cmsTKPIMmuuPJXkNl788A4T8GWlRMOXGn9isjUEiRhcEPfdvkKnk6UiRw_A-Nc_5ZSY0zQwESrudTq9QlSxpKPoHynbr3s3mRhQwDcoV2msCKNwmAVwDQ=w479-h638-no

Gaston: "I like how you cut out THAT GUY from the picture."

Oops, my bad.
Ha! :rotfl2:

They told me they read the DISBoards and gushed that they are huge fans of my trip reports! Wait, me?!? :o
That is amazing!

So thank you Amber and Jess (Or was is Ashley and Jess? I really hope I'm getting your names right because in my giddiness I forgot to write it down so this is all from my semi-poor memory so I'm sorry if I am butchering your names, but please let me know and I will correct it!)
Now YOU are famous And so are they for getting into your report!

Before I head into the next installment I just wanted to share this picture of DH's Living With The Land - inspired hydroponic garden he created in our basement.
I saw this when you posted it on Facebook. I think this is amazing, probably because I can't keep anything alive. I am a plant killer.

Although if I had a choice I'd probably choose TGMR over Universe of Energy.
Most folks would prob agree with that. I am sad that we won't be riding TGMR one more time.. Of course we have ONLY gone on it once total! I don't think I even know where Universe of Energy actually is in EPCOT. Oh well, I am SURE we will find the Guardian of Galaxy ride once it's done.
Now we only need...a moat and a boat! :boat:
If you add a moat and a boat, I will be there!

LNeLbK8zWUxWXNZ225pxnda9aFxvt1Pf_XSWxLX2KJgOb0Sc-eFS7cOzxj1CPFuPBgl5n26f08L6hkrwht8e-_5WLOwza82tDypdEGBM8Pt2I1keToyKa_geabNachKj2e6iSefzsNnajsAvnt54FbkSeh2HU-T2cCgyCsKKQYb5INtShfrNdvgtggGVj8CSsEtubXJfanCkW5sqbe-x6dr_YLdLYv0SIotqs1HbziTOAbDHV7-SNptsxgX_00nYK59I8cTV_7BrMYjLPK9BM0eCcVzVudLf4fykx09SLcFUSMXQbO3caRXocWxBJpoZv4Gka4kaXBPzuUzzZtYD5wW4AV5yJHdtLAJHTaqcIPm7CjYUwK5hFBmjhOonpmBHzgRAesAoXftnvJGaeud3qHHn9STpNEG6dikFteNq0YQ_DwKMr_RFODLxaVlmX0zbA2tjEmZxIRxxy5i-BuJAih_Xl29oFyiMrr5B5U3PLpLzpck6eA2V_OkQZaAlA2-_T8yTsgHZ8Y_gcVCFXgY-i04Uc7VN8b2ZbVJ-8ZxgXStZfcwmkfH7SYOSN9zkgn98YRh-BJ1xpycPqa6WGYFasPTPKKBf7ooMUoi5FQmORRJh5ZAvn47Ddi3gSQ=w800-h600-no

Just delicious, this was my FAVORITE thing I ate at F & G! You don't really need the rice, but since I love my carbs I ate it anyways, and it tasted good with the crack sauce.
I don't remember @ariane37's photos have as much "crack" sauce. But looks really good.

My "resting lotus face" seems to be better than my "resting lantern face" :littleangel:
Def seem more natural poses!

Your Best Day Ever sounds great! It is what you make of it! And sounds like you made the most of the day!

I actually kinda struggled to write that post initially, because I kept thinking, what if it was a complete let down?
Not remotely a let down. On the contrary... it was one of the BEST. UPDATES. EVER. ;) :goodvibes

After my Best Day Ever revelation I met up with DH over at The Land. I told him how I was having the Best Day Ever!!
:rotfl:

My "resting lotus face" seems to be better than my "resting lantern face" :littleangel:
:rotfl2:

It really was a perfect way to end my Best Day Ever.
Indeed, it was :goodvibes My tradition has always been to grab a hot chocolate in France and stroll around after Illuminations taking in the last moments of an Epcot night :goodvibes Might have to rethink the hot chocolate in August though :laughing:

If they ever get rid of Illuminations I'm going to riot. Who's with me? #solidarity :rainbow:
I'm in!

The Boardwalk rocks, as we were back in our room barely 20 minutes after Illuminations ended.
Amazing. I must do this someday!

OK now back to our regularly scheduled - ADR and FP+ packed programming!
:laughing:

It is! You solo travelers have had it right all along. :thumbsup2
::yes::

Yeah it's hard to explain to anyone who doesn't share the love for Disney like us...that's why I love you guys!!! :love: We all just "get it" :thumbsup2
Exactly :grouphug:

Thanks everyone for the feedback on my Best Day Ever! Replies are coming soon! I actually kinda struggled to write that post initially, because I kept thinking, what if it was a complete let down? I've hyped up this day so much and after I revealed it I realized nothing really major happened. It is, for me, definitely about taking a step back and enjoying the moment. Once I got to writing it though, I definitely got to re-live the "feels" of that day and it just came pouring out. Whew! I'm glad I got the post out but it wasn't without some hesitation at first!

I loved your best day ever! It's so awesome when you can be in the moment and bask in how wonderful and perfect it is.:goodvibes

tasted good with the crack sauce.

:rotfl2: Crack sauce!! Love it

that had Mango, Vodka and Triplesec.

See I would love that drink! I'm a sucker for sweet drinks

asked him, "Are you taking Lotus pictures?"
And he said, "Yes I am, step right up!"

Nice score!

You're so beautiful!! I love them

My "resting lotus face" seems to be better than my "resting lantern face

Lol!!:rotfl:

If they ever get rid of Illuminations I'm going to riot. Who's with me?

You are going to want to smack me but to this day I've still not seen Illuminations!:duck:

That's what I keep saying to myself!! I almost got on it half a dozen times during my week, but I kept thinking about how much time it would take from other things. I regret it a liiiitle bit, but not too much!

I know, right? If we had only know they were closing, I would have attempted to go on it. I guess you just take for granted that these rides will be here when you go back. But yeah, don't regret not riding Universe of Energy...think there are better ways I could use 45 mins at Epcot! (But good when I need a nap!)

My kids love this game. If we're ever there at the same time again when my family is with me, he can go off with them and we can go sit somewhere with iced lattes, LOL!!

Sounds like a plan!! :thumbsup2

That is the sweetest thing! I think a little Disney magic happened...they KNEW it was going to be your best day ever and found a way to bring in your favorites. Sometimes I SWEAR they invade our brains somehow to make things like this happen!

They do, don't they? Those magic band things are reading our minds!?! Disney knows everything we do! LOL
But I was glad they read my mind at that time because I loved that meet n greet, I felt like it was just me and them for a while as there was no one else behind me!

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Sometimes things just fall so perfectly into place. I love your BEST.DAY.EVER!!

I knew you'd understand! It really was the most perfect day at Disney!! :cloud9:

Oh yeah, the weather can make or break it, lol!

Yeah weather was a huge factor!!
I just heard they had a tropical storm down in Orlando. Guess who's not going to have another Best Day Ever in 2 weeks? :faint:

Haha, SAAAAME!! Every Disney day is the best, but I agree that this one was the BEST best!!

It was the bestest best day!!

I bet he can do it! I'm super impressed with the basement garden!!

Thank you!! Although we kinda ate everything so we have to regrow stuff again!

These are GORGEOUS!! I had no idea these were a thing!! I cannot forget this for October.

Thank you! It was pretty cool to stumble upon these especially when there was no wait! Definitely a must do!

I agree! I never get to see it as often as I want b/c I am not good at staying out late (yes, I am 100 years old) and I usually fold early on Epcot days. But it's one of my most vivid memories from my first trip. (RIP Tapestry of Nations parade :sad::sad::sad::sad:) and I can't imagine them changing it!

I don't know what they would change it to. If they change the visuals and just kept the music, I'd be ok with it. The music is so iconic!
And if you're 100 years old, I'm like 106!!

Same!! This is what we always say!!

DH checks for jobs in IT with Disney, but they are always so low paying for his title and experience that it's kind of depressing. To have the Disney Life we would want, we'd have to have that lotto win and the Golden Oaks home!

I know! I heard that Disney does pay very low compared to other companies for the same position. So people who work for Disney do it out of sheer love. LOL. The discounts at Disney are amazing though!

I had a ton of things quoted the other day and I lost them :( but I think I'm going to petition Disney to rename that shrimp after my Steve if they bring it back next year! Speaking of Steve's I love your Steve's version of LWTL and I would totally wait in the SB line upwards of 60+ minutes if you figure out how to get a boat running on a track in your basement ::yes::
I remember you showing us your lotus magic shots and I still think they came out perfect :goodvibes Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon!

Not remotely a let down. On the contrary... it was one of the BEST. UPDATES. EVER. ;) :goodvibes

Awww thanks Tracy! Can't believe it's a little over 2 weeks until we meet again!!! Woohoo!!!

Indeed, it was :goodvibes My tradition has always been to grab a hot chocolate in France and stroll around after Illuminations taking in the last moments of an Epcot night :goodvibes Might have to rethink the hot chocolate in August though :laughing:

Grey Goose slushie, perhaps? :drinking:

Disney is gonna have to deal with us Disboarders at the picket line whenever that happens!! :rainbow:

:hug:

I loved your best day ever! It's so awesome when you can be in the moment and bask in how wonderful and perfect it is.:goodvibes

Thank you!! It really was that perfect moment!

See I would love that drink! I'm a sucker for sweet drinks

Then you would have definitely loved this!

You're so beautiful!! I love them

Aww thank you Kelly!! It's the lighting :)

You are going to want to smack me but to this day I've still not seen Illuminations!:duck:

We're gonna have to rectify that on your next trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter