Best cupcakes in parks

Sadly, many of the best on that cupcake list were from Starring Rolls in DHS that closed. I loved that place and I'm bummed it closed. We're staying at Boardwalk and I hope the Boardwalk Bakery has some magical cupcakes and desserts!

Sadly, many of the best on that cupcake list were from Starring Rolls in DHS that closed. I loved that place and I'm bummed it closed. We're staying at Boardwalk and I hope the Boardwalk Bakery has some magical cupcakes and desserts!

My alltime favorite was the Chocolate Cappuccino Toffee one from Starring Rolls. I am still searching for that one, hoping it miraculously makes a comeback somewhere else in Disney.

By the way, 5 years ago Disney emailed me the recipe for this one so if anyone is interested, just let me know!

Last edited:

I’m still mourning the loss of Starring Rolls (and Writer’s Stop). I was so glad when they managed to save the Butterfinger cupcake at Trolley Stop.

Boardwalk Bakery has never let me down.

I’m still mourning the loss of Starring Rolls (and Writer’s Stop). I was so glad when they managed to save the Butterfinger cupcake at Trolley Stop.

Boardwalk Bakery has never let me down.

Same here. My favorite cupcake was the red velvet cheesecake, and it has not resurfaced, as far as I know. There are some decent red velvet cupcakes, but it’s not the same.

Try looking in the Screen Door also. They have a sweets counter as you walk in that has delicious cupcakes too!

Anything from Sprinkles in DS. Unlike most cupcakes which I find to just have dry cake topped with 5 pounds of frosting, Sprinkles has delicious, moist cake and the perfect frosting to cake ratio, for my taste anyway.

I have to add another vote for the butterfinger cupcake, formerly of starring rolls and now at the trolley car cafe where it’s called something vaguely different that I can’t remember. Hollywood Studios could have NO rides and we would still show up to get the cupcake.

I know it sounds weird, but I really liked the apple cupcake from Sunshine Seasons; think apple pie + cupcake. lol

That doesn't sound weird. It sounds amazing!

Anything from Sprinkles in DS. Unlike most cupcakes which I find to just have dry cake topped with 5 pounds of frosting, Sprinkles has delicious, moist cake and the perfect frosting to cake ratio, for my taste anyway.

Sprinkles is so good! They have the best frosting!

I have to add another vote for the butterfinger cupcake, formerly of starring rolls and now at the trolley car cafe where it’s called something vaguely different that I can’t remember. Hollywood Studios could have NO rides and we would still show up to get the cupcake.

I actually used to do that with the red velvet cheesecake cupcake! There's really not much in HS I care about doing, so I'd go in there, walk around, get a cupcake, and leave.

Here this week & sad to say good cupcake selection is scarce. Oh sure, there may a 'one off' here & there but the only place I've seen a good display case with multiple options is a the value resort food court, there's a section just for ice cream & baked goods & I think they had about 6-7 different kinds to choose from. Happy hunting.

I have had the worst luck finding a good cupcake. The only ones left that I've found are at Boardwalk Bakery and BOG lunch. Every one I've tried in the brown cupcake wrapper has been dry/stale and I've tried about 5 from 5 different places over the last year or so. They always look so yummy and then you taste it and....stale:crazy2:.

If I see the ones with the brown wrapper, I just pass them by. :sad1:

Starring Rolls must have spoiled me lol!

If you can grab a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest, their strawberry cupcake is easily my favorite on property. It's not huge, which I appreciate. Just enough. I do recommend eating with a fork out of the wrapper, as it's a pain to try and remove.

IMO the Boardwalk Bakery is destination worthy. They have never let me down. The rose gold cupcake was my favorite but everything I have tried has been delish!

Sprinkle's at Disney Springs. Nice ratio of icing to cake. Cake portion is not too moist (has great crumb) and doesn't come in garish colors filled with artificial food dye. Works for me:).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter