• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Breakfast not in a park

Fresh Med. Market at the Dolphin, it's sort of a buffet and/or ala carte. We love it and it is always our meal on our travel day when leaving.

Each of the deluxe resorts has a great breakfast place

Boma, yum
Olivia’s is a nice quiet place
Kona has great pancakes, macadamia nut! What could be better

Beignets at pofq are a nice treat my husband loves. It’s a food court, all basically the same decent breakfast. The beignets make this one stand out

Boma breakfast has become a must-do for our family. We all love it!

Sounds like I'll have to try out the Wave breakfast sometime too. :)

We typically don't do breakfast at restaurants, but we LOVED our experience at Brunch at the Top at California Grill at the Contemporary. It only happens on Sundays. It was quite relaxed, and we felt sooooo fancy. :cloud9: The food and drinks were delicious. There is a great thread about it here on the Disboards. Someone did a review with TONS of pictures that cemented our interest. It's not cheap, but if you're looking for something luxe, that's definitely where you should go!

Looking for the best breakfast that is not in a park.
And that is not a Character Breakfast.

Thanks!

Trails End for 'down home' goodness! Yum!!

The Wave buffet for a little more class, lots of different 'goodness' - brings us back every trip! Another 'yum'!

Can't go wrong with either (both) IMO! :-)

The Wave truly is remarkable. The buffet is delicious, as are the specialty made to order items included in the price. The french toast is incredible, especially the special butters they serve with it. YUM! And yes, mimosa is included. Need I say more? :cloud9:

Kona isnt bad, but its a standard breakfast joint. Nothing special to be honest.

Boma is a pretty good breakfast buffet as well. Unique offerings, which is nice. Still, The Wave is my favorite. :)

For those of you suggesting The Wave, you have piqued my interest. Some questions: How much is the breakfast buffet? If you choose the buffet, can you also special order something and have it included in the price (we were able to do that at California Grill), or does it cost extra? Is it necessary to have an ADR there, or are there often tons of times available the day of? We typically do not go out for breakfast, so I wouldn't probably make an ADR if unnecessary.

For those of you suggesting The Wave, you have piqued my interest. Some questions: How much is the breakfast buffet? If you choose the buffet, can you also special order something and have it included in the price (we were able to do that at California Grill), or does it cost extra? Is it necessary to have an ADR there, or are there often tons of times available the day of? We typically do not go out for breakfast, so I wouldn't probably make an ADR if unnecessary.

The breakfast buffet at The Wave is $24.50, including tax.

The buffet is the buffet. Special orders outside of what is offered would be extra, especially since they have an a la carte menu available for breakfast, as well.

It's ALWAYS best to have an ADR if a restaurant offers them, but we've never experienced anything remotely near even a half-full restaurant at The Wave for breakfast.

Looking for the best breakfast that is not in a park.
And that is not a Character Breakfast.

Thanks!
BOMA is hard to beat..but often overlooked is Cape May at the Beach Club..I am DVC and Beach Club is my home resort...have had breakfast there many times and always very good no matter if the reservation is early or late...plus it's a character breakfast

Definitely either Kona or The Wave. Kona service isn't great, but the amazing food more than make up for it. The Wave is a small, yet plentiful buffet, and because of its size we find the food much better executed than other ones.

The breakfast buffet at The Wave is $24.50, including tax.

The buffet is the buffet. Special orders outside of what is offered would be extra, especially since they have an a la carte menu available for breakfast, as well.

It's ALWAYS best to have an ADR if a restaurant offers them, but we've never experienced anything remotely near even a half-full restaurant at The Wave for breakfast.
Actually that is not correct. Included in the buffet price are a small list of made-to-order items (at no additional cost). Off the top of my head I distinctly remember french toast and eggs benedict being on that list. And when i was there in Nov the price was $23 pp. Im guessing the price fluctuates depending on the season? Or maybe the price increased since then? who knows.

Included in The Wave price is the actual buffet itself PLUS some made-to-order items (as indicated in my comments above). I remember french toast being included because I ordered it...and it was VERY good. Esp the special butters they serve with it. There's also eggs benedict, but i dont remember what else. Possibly an omlette? But thats just a guess. Mimosa is included too. Pretty good deal! Its one of my fave breakfast buffets in disney.

Honestly, you could probably get a table just walking up. The two times ive been there on my last trip, the place had a lot of tables empty. One of my ADRs was around 745 I think, and the other was just after 9am.

Actually that is not correct. Included in the buffet price are a small list of made-to-order items (at no additional cost). Off the top of my head I distinctly remember french toast and eggs benedict being on that list. And when i was there in Nov the price was $23 pp. Im guessing the price fluctuates depending on the season? Or maybe the price increased since then? who knows.

If you re-read my post, I stated that the $24.50 *includes* tax. ($23 * 6.5% tax = $1.50)

The last time we had breakfast there, the "buffet" eggs benedict were on the buffet...not prepared separately. I didn't pay any attention to the french toast, or either it wasn't part of the buffet.

1d4be2ce82849c2e948efa900b21aba1.jpg

Last edited:
If you re-read my post, I stated that the $24.50 *includes* tax. ($23 * 6.5% tax = $1.50)

The last time we had breakfast there, the "buffet" eggs benedict were on the buffet...not prepared separately. I didn't pay any attention to the french toast, or either it wasn't part of the buffet.

1d4be2ce82849c2e948efa900b21aba1.jpg

Ah yes, sorry about that. Looks like i read it too quickly re: the price. Thats about right.
Eggs benedict was one of the examples I had given, but i wasnt sure if thats accurate as the only made to order item i have ordered was the french toast. I love their french toast! Totally obsessed. Its so good! Now im curious...i'll have to do some digging and find out exactly what is on the made to order menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter