Best 1 day Christmas experience

2) There's plenty of entertainment: Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM; Sunset Seasons projection show; or you can go with the normal Fantasmic! and Star Wars fireworks.

The OP has to leave for the airport at 8pm. Most of these are after that so she won’t be around to see them.

I think Epcot world showcase with touring Yacht & Beach clubs sounds like a good idea. There is plenty of entertainment in the world showcase through out the day. And you can hear Candlelight Processional from outside the theater too. There isn’t a lot to actually see; the narration & music can be heard from outside the American pavilion.

At the Beach Club, there is the gingerbread carousel as already mentioned. Yacht Club has a miniature train & village display. But it is a good sizes display, with lots to look at. And Boardwalk has a carnival display that is worth a look too.

Last edited:
I will echo previous posters and vote for Epcot if only going one day and wanting Christmas. During a summer trip, we typically spend only one or two days at Epcot, but over Christmas we will spend 3 or 4 afternoons and evenings exploring all the Christmas offerings. We love MK and spend the bulk of most trips there but for Christmas activities and atmosphere, Epcot just has more.

Have you considered not going to a park at all? You could spend the entire day just resort hopping to see the decorations at the resorts and Disney Springs. It would be a nice, relaxing day and likely less crowded than being inside a park.

Epcot is the best Christmas park in my opinion. The decorations, story tellers, Candlelight processional, and general feeling makes it the park I'd visit.

If you want to spend another day and don't want to go to the parks you can spend an entire day touring the deluxe resorts (including WL).

Where is your heart telling you to go? Either MK or Epcot are great choices!

If you choose MK, the decorations are lovely and your activities will be more centered around rides, which is always fun! Crowds will be lower because it is a party day, and you will be able to fully enjoy the park. Night falls early, and the Castle is breathtaking covered in icy fairy lights! (You should be able to catch Elsa lighting the castle, if you want!) I agree about snagging a late ADR to extend your time in the park. Then slowly exit by wandering down Main Street, enjoying the festive atmosphere with Christmas music playing and “snow” falling gently all around. If you have enough extra time, you could monorail over to the GF to see their breathtaking tree and decor, then catch a cab two the airport from there. Either way, you will leave full of Christmas Spirit.

If you choose Epcot, your Christmas activities will be centered more around the shows and Holiday performers. You could start at one of the Crescent Lake resorts with a Candlelight Processional package breakfast for an early CP show, the sencond performance would be ideal to finish your evening. (Ale & Compass breakfast springs to mind). Walk through the hotel lobbies to see the decor, then enter Epcot through the International Gateway as World Showcase is opening and gearing up. Catch some of the Festival of the Holidays shows and/or do the cookie stroll. If you are there on a day that the Voices of Liberty are performing, the are not to be missed. Graze around the food booths in the afternoon. After the show, make your way back to the Beach Club and catch a cab to the airport from there.

Whatever you choose, you can’t go wrong. Have a great time!!!

Having just been there ..

MK is nice. Main Street USA is decorated pretty nicely, but once you leave that area, the other lands aren't really decorated for Christmas. The Jungle Cruise overlay is fun .. but frankly, I found it just increased the line (as I guess people wanted to try it out). It literally was the longest Standby wait of the day for us.

Going to MK on a party day is nice because it isn't as crowded and you can stay late enough to see the Frozen lighting of the castle. Technically the park closed at 6:00 PM, but we weren't ushered out and stayed at watched the show at 6:15.

Hollywood Studios feels the most "Christmasy" park as a whole. Decorations everywhere, Toy Story Land is decorated and AS2 has Christmas music, Echo Lake is decorated (very pretty at night with tons of Photo Pass photogs stationed around it). Two different holiday shows to see at night (the Sunset Boulevard one is very fun.. which just seemed to be constant? We saw it from a distance as we were heading to the exit and then watched it for 5-10 minutes on Sunset Boulevard -- plus it snows) and the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam (which I didn't stay that late to see).
Frozen show has a special Christmas ending and we saw tons of Christmas characters around the Grand Avenue area (Goofy, Chip and Dale - all in Christmas outfits).
It also helped it was a brisk mid-60s that day we were there compared to the rest of the trip. :)

Personally . .if you only have one day, I'd pick DHS.

THANK YOU so much to everyone for the advice! Does anyone have experience with getting to see the candlelight processional on standby? I think my mom would really love that!
Don't know if this would work for you but you can always just watch from the back, standing, that's what we do. We never wait in line to sit. You can still hear and see everything and if you don't want to watch the entire program, just walk away. Also, it's a great place to see the cast walking in with their candles.

The OP has to leave for the airport at 8pm. Most of these are after that so she won’t be around to see them.

I think Epcot world showcase with touring Yacht & Beach clubs sounds like a good idea. There is plenty of entertainment in the world showcase through out the day. And you can hear Candlelight Processional from outside the theater too. There isn’t a lot to actually see; the narration & music can be heard from outside the American pavilion.

At the Beach Club, there is the gingerbread carousel as already mentioned. Yacht Club has a miniature train & village display. But it is a good sizes display, with lots to look at. And Boardwalk has a carnival display that is worth a look too.

Ah that's a good point. I misread the question. Yes—I second Epcot then. It's the best holiday experience for the money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter