Besides going to the parks?

GoldmanTrust

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,

We will visit the UO area once again in September. This will be our third trip in a year and 5th trip in 3 years. We are a family of 3 with one 8 year old girl who is very easy going.

We are annual passholders and we have ridden all the rides, gotten chosen for Ollivanders and done the parks pretty thoroughly. We will be staying for 2 weeks so we will probably need something else than the parks to do. We will bring my in laws a long (really up beat people in their 60s).

My father in law wants to go to Kennedy Space Center and that will be one day of our trip.

Are there any other things you reccomend? Day cruises? 3 day cruises? Day trips by car? St. Augustine? We are open for anything. We have been very loyal to the Universal area and stayed there the majority of our time while visiting. So maybe we need something a little bit different next trim.

Thanks for reading guys and have a nice day!

Hey guys,

We will visit the UO area once again in September. This will be our third trip in a year and 5th trip in 3 years. We are a family of 3 with one 8 year old girl who is very easy going.

We are annual passholders and we have ridden all the rides, gotten chosen for Ollivanders and done the parks pretty thoroughly. We will be staying for 2 weeks so we will probably need something else than the parks to do. We will bring my in laws a long (really up beat people in their 60s).

My father in law wants to go to Kennedy Space Center and that will be one day of our trip.

Are there any other things you reccomend? Day cruises? 3 day cruises? Day trips by car? St. Augustine? We are open for anything. We have been very loyal to the Universal area and stayed there the majority of our time while visiting. So maybe we need something a little bit different next trim.

Thanks for reading guys and have a nice day!

A lot depends on your budget but there are so many great things to do in the area.

Have a look at my signature for some ideas - Legoland would be fantastic for an 8 year old!

Kennedy Space Center is great - we really enjoyed our day there.

The Orlando Science Center is another option - we went there last month and had a really nice day.

If you are water-people, Discovery Cove is an amazing one-day experience. If you do visit, you will also get free passes to SeaWorld and Aquatica which you can use to fill other days.

You could also check out the International Drive area - I-Drive 360 complex, of course, but TopGolf and Andretti Indoor Karting are both pretty new there and might appeal to the men in your group.

A day on the beach, waterboat tours, renting a boat/seadoos on one of the lakes...so many things!!

We started our trip last week with a day at Kennedy. It was AMAZING! We spent over 6 hours there then took a quick trip down to Cape Canaveral to walk on the beach and see the ships leaving port.

One tip for Kennedy- head straight for the bus tour when you arrive. The park opens at 9 and the bus tours start at 9:30. We took our time getting over to the bus tour line and had to wait on the 2nd bus to arrive about 15 minutes after the first one. By the time we took the bus back from the Apollo/Saturn V center the line for the bus tour was MASSIVE. Not to mention that they wouldn't have that long to tour the Apollo/Saturn V Building once they got out there.

Are there any other things you reccomend?

On our last day we went to Boggy Creek and did a 30 minute airboat tour. It was better than I imagined. We didn't see and gators up close but it was fun flying through the reeds on an airboat.

We did a kayak tour in Blue Springs State Park which was really a peaceful way to see the natural Florida ecosystem.

Discovery Cove is great! As mjhtvchick said, you get 2 weeks of admission to Sea World & Aquatica (their water slide park) free with DC tickets, and for $25 more you can add Busch Gardens in Tampa and free parking at all three other parks. If you do a few days between the extra parks, the ticket price to DC is fairly cheap (for Orlando parks).

Check out the offerings on I-Drive. There is WonderWorks, a Skeleton museum, a Titanic museum, and many more fun diversions.

Also in Sept is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. Pricy for one night but fun if you can swing it.

Plan for a very FULL day at KSC...it was great & very informative, but could have easily taken two days.
The iDrive 360 area is great & can consume a full day...Orlando eye, aquarium, wax museum...and eat at Cafe TuTuTango across the street!
Your group may be a perfect fit for LegoLand.
Busch Gardens is great & Tampa is only about 90 mins away.
Plan for some down time at the outlet malls...I don't really have a preference, but I'm sure others can chime in on that!
Keep in mind some of the onsite activities as well that aren't in the parks...Mini Golf at City Walk, Bowling at Cabana Bay!
Remember that UOR encourages pool hopping, so spend some of the down time checking out the other resort pools too!

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter