BE's Never Ending TR -- That kind of ... Ended? Or did it?

Day Four - Continued

I sincerely hope that this new trend of having more photos than things to say isn't horribly apparent. I'm slightly self-conscious about this shift in my TR style, but this is what happens when you are too busy having fun to remember what on earth happened. I prefer things this way though, compared to previous trips where all the unpleasantries were what stuck with me the most. I loved Frick to death but there were so many things that I still have a hard time letting go of.

So back to my Magical Saturday morning! The minutes of my MM were ticking down which meant I was chilling around the walkway to It's a Small World where the CM's held us up until it was time for MTTMM to begin. Funnily enough one of the CM's ended up 'borrowing' my MTTMM voucher to make an announcement to the small group of us already gathered there about what we needed to gain entrance. Did this make me feel a little special? Why, of course it did. And do you think I was the first person into Toontown? Why, of course I was. I have a fascination about being first for things. I wish I could explain it, but we all have out little tics and vices, right?

There's not much to say about my MTTMM experience this year. I had already seen the little ceremony that Mickey & Friends put on last year and cute as it was I can live without seeing it again until the day I have children of my own who will be enamored by it. I was more interested in getting character photos without waits and photos without being interrupted so I set off on my mission while waiting for Jason to show up as I had given him one of my extra MTTMM vouchers the previous night. As it turns out I do get distracted easily, but that's what happens when I have my camera with me and I'm not busy talking.

Eventually Jason got there and the photographs promptly stopped at that point. There was just too much to do! Here's what I remember: we did stay in Toontown for a short while to catch the end of the little show since he's never seen it (and so he could get an Honorary Citizen badge) before making our way to wherever it was we needed to go to redeem my GAD voucher. I didn't know if I could do the whole thing anywhere inside the Park so it was back to the ticket booths where the first of multiple headaches were to take place. The CM who took my voucher apparently didn't hear me mention that I already had a PH. So she processed it as admission! She was handing me a ticket and I barely knew what to say. I could have sworn I told her I wanted to redeem it for FP's and even if it slipped my mind you could at least ask right? She didn't seem very pleased about it when I told her that I had no use for admission. She was kind of a sour face about the whole thing and I just wanted to get out of there. Of course that wasn't going to happen because fixing the issue was going to be a waiting game and a pain in the you know what.

:rolleyes1

But it all worked out in the end. That's what matters and what I will choose to focus on. Sadly that was the easy part. When it came to redeeming the pass she handed to me at that point, things got dicey! After getting me a new Birthday button since I left mine at the hotel we found ourselves at the Guided Tours gazebo to get the actual FP's thinking everything was going to be easy going from that point on. So, so, so not the case.

The.

Printer.

Broke.

Yes, you heard me. The printer broke. Or something like that. All I know is that our FP's were not printing. At one point it was suggested to try going over to DCA to get them printed but it was subsequently shot down because the system was saying that they had printed, but the printer had a completely different idea. So we waited. And while we waited we were on the receiving end of 3 attraction readmission passes as a way to make up for the inconvenience. Those were new to me! I had never even seen them and hadn't heard much about them either, even here on the DIS. The thought of not having to wait in lines was definitely a plus. At the time they were still trying to figure out what to do about the GAD FP's and it was becoming clear that we wouldn't be getting them. So you know what we got instead? 6 more readmission passes good for anything other than World of Color. It didn't matter if the ride was an FP attraction or not. And they were all ours. The CM's even went out of their way to point out that each pass was good for up to 6 guests and we could always grab 4 random people in life if we were so inclined.

Talk about things working out in the end. We went from possibly having 6 FP's that weren't good for many rides I was interested in to having 9 readmission passes for anything we wanted short of the show we would already have FP's for courtesy of our dinner plans.

I wish I could say I remember what we used them on. But I do remember this: we had far more than we ended up needing! Especially because once nighttime fell the CM's ended up handing them right back to us to use again. And again. And again. And again. This was also the day that I promised I would go on both the Matterhorn and BTMRR for the first time. I wont lie, I was a little terrified. Maybe not convulsing like I might have been before my first time on Splash Mountain, but the nerves were there for sure. But I said I would go for it and not back out, and that's what I did. My thoughts on the Matterhorn are torn. I had fun, but I think it's just a little too rough for me. I got tossed around like a rag doll, no joke. My poor knees have bruises still to prove it. But I didn't hate it. That's what counts right? As for BTMRR ... My Indiana Jones obsession had better watch out. I freaking love BTMRR. LOVE it. Loved it. Will continue loving it. I could do that over and over and over and not get tired of it, I think. And I had a lot of time to make up for since I had never been on it before.

All in all, here's the list of rides we did the whole day:

- Matterhorn x3
- BTMR x5
- IJ x4
- Jungle Cruise x2
- HMH x3
- Soarin'
- Monsters Inc.
- POTC x4
- Nemo
- Storybookland Canal Boats

I think I have to be forgetting a thing or two, and of course you have to add in my solo tour of Fantasyland that morning. I like to think it was a productive day for rides for me. I don't think I'd ever done that many if a whole trip before, let alone a singe day.

Back to the readmission passes -- looking back I wish we had thought to take full advantage of them ever time we used one and brought a group of 4 with us. As it was, we only happened t do this once, on our last ride of the evening: BTMRR. The stand-by line wasn't moving because they were only running one side which meant they were only letting those of us wit FP's on so we called out for a party of 4 and brought in a group of girls with us. I still had 3 more passes left and afterward we ended up giving them one more to sue on whatever they liked before closing. It felt good to do so. And they were so excited to go and use it for Space Mountain. Spreading the Magic feels good! I would have given another one (or two) away but I really wanted to keep them as souvenirs for whenever I get around to making a scrapbook. Someday. I'll miss not having an envelope full of them for my next trip.

There were a couple of others firsts for me on Saturday. It was the first time this trip I made my way to DCA and it was also the first time I went on Soarin' and the Monsters Inc. ride. The second one I felt silly about, but considering how little time I generally spend in DCA I suppose it makes sense. Soarin' I stayed away from because I don't like heights and have a small case of motion sickness. But it wasn't bad at all. It was relaxing in fact. But I found that I did have to look at the side of the screen at least once to kind of ground myself so I didn't panic. It worked though! Let's see, we also checked out the Boudin Bakery tour (which makes me want to stop by the Boudin Bakery in San Francisco), and I got to see Aviator Goofy!!

Speaking of characters did I mention that I finally, finally, finally got to see Honest John ... er ... John Worthington Foulfellow!! It was like waking up on Christmas morning as a kid and opening the one thing that you wanted more than anything. I was jumping up and down I was so excited. It was the only photo I wanted at that moment. I even bypassed the Queen of Hearts who was not pleased with that decision. ;)

OK, is my remembering ADD bothering you yet? I hope not. I'm just typing what I remember as I remember it. Next up: Ariel's Grotto for our WOC dinner. I have decided I'm not one for doing meal reviews so you'll have to live with this: it was delicious. And heck, the service was fast. Before we knew it our entrees were brought out which was all the better for me. On days when I'm too busy doing things I don't like being holed up in a restaurant with slow service. Before I knew it, we were being presented with these beauties:

When it came to WOC I can't remember exactly where we were located within the reserved dining section, but I'm pretty sure we went for the railing at the very front of it. I didn't want to be standing behind anyone really tall or anything like that so the railing was perfect for me. It was nice to sit down after the let us into the viewing are and just chit chat until the pre-show started. I certainly enjoyed it, and I wish I could describe it. It was just plain old fun. WOC itself ... I'm speechless, really I am. I didn't go into it with high expectations because I didn't think it could ever compare to the absolute love I have for Fantasmic but I was completely blown away. I really don't have the words. And I cried. Yup. I did. Anyway, I did get a few photos so I thought I would share.

We were walking out of DCA and through the Esplanade when the RDCT fireworks started. They had completely escaped my mind! I didn't think I would get the chance to see them again and at that point something occurred to me: I had read many times before that some people love watching the fireworks from BTMRR and we were presented with the challenge of getting there in time. I didn't think I had and gas left but somehow we made our way down Main Street and into Frontierland before they ended. We didn't quite make it onto BTMRR but it was close enough and a very nice view, for sure! It was at that moment that the plans for Sunday night were formed. We were going to try and score WOC FP's and make it back to BTMRR in time for all of the fireworks. It was going to happen.

Wow you are good!! You got this up quick!!

Jazz's Scary Adventure - Day Five

If I thought Saturday was hard to put into words, I should have figured Sunday would be as well. It will probably continue into Monday now that I'm really thinking about it. All 3 days went into what made this my best trip ever. Heck, in my relatively short and uneventful life it's not unbelievable that this was probably the best weekend ever. So this will be short, sweet, and to the point. I may have a couple of anecdotes to throw in, but for the most part it will be photos, and not a lot at that.

The plan for Sunday was briefly hashed out Saturday night after WOC. It was just too amazing to only watch once so the plan was set in motion to try and get FP's in the morning and then attempt pulling off the trifecta: WOC, RDCT, and concluding the evening with Fantasmic. Who knew if we'd even be able to pull it off knowing that our WOC/RDCT Saturday night was more of a chance thing than actually planned out. Considering we also wanted to be able to watch RDCT while on BTMRR ... well, I wasn't going to cross my fingers. When you push yourself as hard as I did on Saturday and when you are as sore as I was on Sunday that is just one sprint you don't want to consider. Sunday was supposed to be the relaxing day!

But to start off there was a breakfast at the Plaza Inn with Minnie & Friends that a certain someone was almost late too ;) I'm really, really glad that I made the decision to do M&F on a Magic Morning. I had been a little nervous about how they get you in without your ticket having MM access since I had used mine the day before and as an AP holder Jason doesn't get MM access to begin with. But it was really a non-issue as I had been reassured when inquiring about it here on the DIS. Even taking my time to get to the gate I was still only the 3rd party in line. But it was nice not to stress about being there first! In the end it wouldn't have mattered if I had taken even longer to get there. Jason was running late and then got held up on the tram so I ended up waiting a few extra minutes after they started to let us in but we got to the restaurant with no issues at all, got our photo, paid for our meals, and got our food! Nothing exciting there. Funnily enough, I keep getting seated at the same exact spot whenever I do this character meal. We got the exact same spot as Frick and I had last September. But we'll not reflect on that any longer. The highlights from breakfast? A boy at the table next to us arm wrestling with every character who came by and getting to see a new character: Rafiki!

To be honest, this was the shortest time I've spent at M&F! I think we were in and out with food, photos and fun in about half an hour. So in all reality we could have had 30 minutes of Magic Morning to ourselves, but that didn't really fit into the plan. So instead we made out way over to the DCA gates (practically getting trampled over by the scavenger hunt participants on our way out of DL) where we patiently waited to get in and get our FP's and get out. I wasn't really sure what to expect on how they were going to line everyone up but after entering they made a line to the right of the turnstyles where a CM would lead you to the FP queue so there would be no running. We were 3rd in line and had our FP's in no time at all.

The ride list isn't really that important but I remember squeezing in another round on Soarin' before we made our way for the rest of the day back to DL where I got to get my photo with my second (and last, sadly) costumed character. I'm still a little bummed that I never got more. I mean, it was Halloween Time and all! But I had the worst luck and was always there after they closed the lines. But I like the fact that I'm Donald Duck's height, so all is still right with the world.

There were plenty of rides throughout the day, but there was only one horrible mistake: the Jungle Cruise! I have never seen a line longer than 10 minutes (which was more like 5) and if either of us had bothered to look up we might have been prepared. But of course, who ever looks up to see if the 2nd floor of the queue is in use? Of course it was packed because of the scavenger hunt and we didn't realize this until we were going up the stairs. Fun times! What was fun, however, was listning to everyone work out their strategies for the ride and go over their questions. Especially when there were a couple (or at least one) that I could answer off the top of my head: what is labeled on the barrels above the first sign of danger (or something like that). The group behind us was guessing things like explosives and whatnot. I really wanted to turn around and tell them apples, but I zipped my lip and kept on moving! There are also a couple of other photos from one of my new favorite rides ;)

Now, I have this theory: I believe that Indiana Jones felt threatened by new found love for BTMRR. Why, you ask? Because the one thing I have been begging IJ to do for the past year that just has not happened finally did! I have been on this ride more times than I can count, love it to pieces, but I've always wanted to be on it when it breaks down. Call me silly, but i have. I just wanted to see everything with the lights on to see the details and preferably get to walk out on my own two feet! Well, sadly only one wish was granted, but it was good enough!! Especially when our vehicle came to a stop at the beginning of the bridge. Perfect spot if you ask me, unlike Jason who was one vehicle behind (single rider) and didn't get the fun view that we did. I have no idea how long we were there for, but it was long enough for a CM to dash between vehicles to let us all know that if they couldn't get the ride back up in a couple of minutes we would all get to walk out, but if they did get it back up we were welcome to stay on for another run through. I was crossing my fingers so hard but in the end we were back moving, and the lights stayed on for a little while longer. I now laugh at the fact that I was ever afraid of IJ. What was I thinking?! But I did take a couple of photos ...

I wish I had more to say about that afternoon. It wasn't as fast paced as the day before, but it was still jam-packed and fun as can be. We had a delicious late lunch at Blue Bayou and got out waterside table after a pretty short wait and the food was delicious as always and the company was infinitely better than it has been in the past. We may have snuck in another ride or two before we made our slow walk back over to DCA to go see WOC again. We ended up with a view further in the back after talking with a CM about where her favorite views were from the blue section. She even took us in to the viewing area before they started to let people in to show us where she would go. I think it turned out to be solid advice! We were right against the railing just to the right of some space they have reserved for guests with wheelchairs and the like in the back of the blue section near the entrance to the viewing area. It was pretty perfect and I actually liked the view more than I did from where we were the night before in the preferred dining section. I was able to see the everything and really take in the heights that the water would reach. I'm still speechless about the visual aspect of the show. Disney definitely went above and beyond. I just can't wait to see how it changes as time goes on.

We didn't hang around much after WOC ended. I still don't know how we had any energy at all, but we started our mad dash back to DLso that we could try watching the fireworks from the one place I wanted to: BTMRR! We just missed it the night before, but I really wanted to be on the actual ride this time. And we made it! There will always be something Magical about watching the fireworks from the Castle, but if you ever have the chance I highly recommend timing it so that you are on BTMRR. You wont be disappointed. The big difference is that on BTMRR the fireworks are all that you can see in the sky and it's just incredible, phenomenal, or whatever your best adjective is here.

That was 2 out of 3 for the trifecta and we almost missed the final piece. We had actually decided to skip Fantasmic and hit up some rides and our first stop was POTC, but after getting exiting we came out to NOS just as Fantasmic was beginning and decided to duck under some rope into a rather empty viewing area and we got to watch my favorite nighttime show that DLR has to offer. It just has something that to me RDCT and WOC just can't come close to capturing, even though I love them both as well.

And a fun little side note, after making sure to bring a while bunch with me, I only remembered to break out the glowsticks this one night! Shame on me, right? They were fun while they lasted because I love glowsticks, but I wish they came out in photos, lol. Flash does nothing for them. But look who finally got a photo together!

There's so much about this day and this weekend in particular that have to be left unsaid, simply because I wouldn't know where to begin. So, you'll just have to use your imagination I suppose. Sunday was bittersweet though. As wonderful as the day was it was going to come to an end at some point which was going to mean saying goodbye to someone I really didn't want to say goodbye to and there's no other way to put it: it just sucked. But because the best thing is to look on the bright side I was ending the night with a new amazing friend at the very least, and closing out a close-to-perfect weekend.

Jazz's Scary Adventure - Day Six

With a weekend as full and exciting as Saturday and Sunday were, waking up on Monday knowing that I was back to being on my own and it being departure day had me feeling a bit blue. On the upside, however, I got to sleep in since neither Park would be opening until 10a. But sleeping in for me still isn't sleeping in very late since I'm pretty sure I was up no later than 7:30a considering I had to gather up all of my things, store my luggage, and check out of the hotel. Such a sad, sad, moment it was. The worst part was the fact that I wanted to hit the road no later than 1 or 2p and I was planning one being in DL for only 2 hours at the least. 2 hours!! Can you imagine it? But sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I got to the gates around 9a and I have one thing to tell you: it was hot!! I had been prepared with all the talk of Monday getting into the 100's, but I really had no idea. It wasn't even 10a yet and already it was so much hotter than it had been at any other point so far while I had been there. When I was asking for hot weather in the weeks leading up to my trip I never expected it to get this hot, but for that moment at least I could be thankful that my plans wouldn't have me staying the full day. Or would they?? It's unfortunate but there is not that much shade when you are waiting to get into the park, but at least when they let us in for rope drop half of Main Street was in shadow so we had someplace cool to relax before braving the sun again.

The best solution that I had to beat the heat other than staying hydrated was to spend every minute that I could on a ride that had a way of cooling off. This meant any ride that was indoors such as POTC and HM or even my new favorite, BTMRR, where you are moving fast enough to create a breeze that feels great in the heat. Not to mention the wonderful waterfall where you can drench yourself just before the rush begins. Or the person sitting next to you. And it really hit me at that moment how much it was going to suck being on my own again, even if only for 2 hours. But there's no pretending here. I was not going to be content with just 2 hours worth of Disneyland before I left for home. Not a chance. So I made the insane decision to stay until closing at 8p and drive home all night. It shouldn't be a problem as I kept telling myself, I work overnight until 6a on no sleep, surely I can drive until 2a or so. I was glad I made this decision when I got stuck on POTC an extra 10 minutes or more because the lift at the end of the ride stopped working. I had gotten 2 rides done in the span of an hour. I needed more time than that!!

After the decision was made, it was just a question of what to do. I had been texting Jason for most of the morning, envious that he was somewhere with air conditioning, and when I told him of the change in my plans, another small plan was cooked up that involved him coming out until closing after he got off work, even if it would only be for an hour. That would be better than nothing right? I just didn't want to think about the fact that it would mean saying goodbye again, because that was hard enough the first time around. So at that point it was just an hourly countdown until he got there and I decided to go see if there was a crazy line for PFF since I had yet to get any Princess photos, let alone with Snow White! The line was short and one of the women in line was passing a spray bottle down the line for anyone to use since it was so hot. Needless to say she was everyone's new best friend, it was such a wonderful idea! Unfortunately my wait was in vain as there was no Snow White. I told myself it was OK, that I would come back, but it never actually happened. So ... no Snow White this trip!! I did see Tiana, Belle, and Ariel, however.

At that point I had to go back to beating the heat the ride-packed way. I hit up all of my favorites, like IJ, JC, even the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters for the first time this trip where I got my highest score to date. That made me very happy.

So, somewhere about this time I get a text about a particular fountain that I used in the "Where am I" game on the Community Board that I had been playing for a while before some stupid changes made me stop playing. Now, if I had read the text right away I may have gone over to the fountain in question (more like the bird bath at Rancho del Zocalo), but instead I decided to cross off another thing on my mental to-do list and try one of the Mickey Pumpkin apples so I made my way over to Critter Country. I was in the middle of taking a photo of the new Tigger Tails and upon moving to get out of someone's way when I turned around and guess who had left work early and was standing right behind me? I think it took me a minute to process and knowing how jumpy I can be I'm surprised I didn't jump or start or something. It was the absolute last thing I expected, but ... well, it just made my day. No other way to put it.

But from this point on the rest of the day, much like the weekend was a complete and total blur. I remember we sat and finished off the apple for a short while. I remember going on BTMRR four times in a row and the CM's recognizing us again and again, and again, lol. And well ... that's really all the detail I can actually pick out. I almost got talked into going on Splash Mountain again, but then I realized it was 6p and there was no way I would be able to dry off before my drive home and I was not going to sit in my car for 6 hours in wet clothes. Before I knew it it was time to make the walk out of the Park where we would have to say goodbye again, but at least this time it wasn't rushed. That's not to say that saying goodbye again didn't suck. In a way it was worse because this time I knew I would be driving home and we really wouldn't see each other again the next day. But it was a better goodbye as well, sealed with a kiss and all (but that's all you will get out of me here and now). He walked with me back to the hotel and helped me get my luggage in my car which really meant this whole vacation had come to a close and you had better believe I did not want to come home.

The drive home didn't even go as expected. I had just made it over the Grapevine when everything from the weekend caught up with me; the excitement, the heat, you name it. I just could not go any further. Thankfully, now I have Gretel which means finding a place to spend the night would be as easy as pushing two buttons and I was able to find a Best Western that was only 9 miles away from the gas station that I had to pull into to get me off the road for a few minutes. I made it and I had a place to sleep for one last night, or at least to try and sleep, and I could drive home in the morning with something to eat. The room was nicer than the HoJo but man, did I miss their beds. This one was hard as rock, but again, at least it was a place to rest my head, rehydrate, and relax before I left in the morning, just in time to make it home by noon.

Without further ado ... The end!!
Thanks for sticking with me!!
:hug:

And maybe some fun too because you can play with it a bit more that way.

Well I for one enjoyed browsing through that again. Maybe you should always repost your trips every few months :rotfl:

Well, I just have to pop back in here for a quick few seconds. If all goes well and according to plan (even with the car theft drama thrown in) I may be 1 month away from my first of 2 December trips, and my first AP. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for sure. Life has a way of surprising me lately, so we'll see what happens.

Well, I just have to pop back in here for a quick few seconds. If all goes well and according to plan (even with the car theft drama thrown in) I may be 1 month away from my first of 2 December trips, and my first AP. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for sure. Life has a way of surprising me lately, so we'll see what happens.

Psst...I saw something I want from Disneyland on Sherry's trip report. Can we make a deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter