• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BeeperMD test results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used or heard anything about CVS in Florida? Looking at CVS now and it appears they only offer day-of appointments but maybe using that as a back-up plan for Wallgreen's.

ETA: Doesn't look like day-of only, I just forgot that it's T-Giving weekend in the US and so there are no apts from Wed -Sat. I'm assuming that *this* will keep most internationals away though.
View attachment 624980

I’ve heard they won’t email results for kids? Not sure if that’s an issue for you.

I have Beeper MD booked for next week Friday but will book an appt at Walgreens as a back up. We won’t have a rental car, so has anyone had any luck with taxis taking you through the drive through for testing? If so, which company and how much did they charge?

I have Beeper MD booked for next week Friday but will book an appt at Walgreens as a back up. We won’t have a rental car, so has anyone had any luck with taxis taking you through the drive through for testing? If so, which company and how much did they charge?
Would you be able to let us know how it goes? There are such mixed reviews about BeeperMD that I am a bit concerned.

Would you be able to let us know how it goes? There are such mixed reviews about BeeperMD that I am a bit concerned.
Absolutely! From what I’m reading lately on here, I’m not optimistic BeeperMD will show. Unless they confirm the day of, I’ll go with the backup plan. Now I’m just trying to figure out how to get a taxi from Epcot (the park we are visiting on Friday-not sure where you tell the taxi to go? Is there a designated pick up/drop-off area?) to Walgreens. Never used Uber before so I installed the app. In another thread, someone said the App automatically asked if the ride was for a Covid test if you picked Walgreens, but I don’t see that. Does anyone know where this is on the app?

If others could post their experiences, it f would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone paid extra for the no window/1 hour window? Seems like a lot of issues are happening when people are selecting the free 2-hour window, I'm hoping by paying the extra amount they'll show up.

We paid for a 1 hour window, but it didn't help. No technicians were available. I asked for and received a refund.

Absolutely! From what I’m reading lately on here, I’m not optimistic BeeperMD will show. Unless they confirm the day of, I’ll go with the backup plan. Now I’m just trying to figure out how to get a taxi from Epcot (the park we are visiting on Friday-not sure where you tell the taxi to go? Is there a designated pick up/drop-off area?) to Walgreens. Never used Uber before so I installed the app. In another thread, someone said the App automatically asked if the ride was for a Covid test if you picked Walgreens, but I don’t see that. Does anyone know where this is on the app?

If others could post their experiences, it f would be greatly appreciated.

You go through the drive-through. You do not get out of the car.

You go through the drive-through. You do not get out of the car.

With an Uber, will they do the drive through and bring you right back to the park after? I was hoping to have them pick us up at Epcot, then drive us back there. I am not sure how to do this on the mobile App.

We paid for a 1 hour window, but it didn't help. No technicians were available. I asked for and received a refund.

How far in advance did you book? If they're this unreliable, I'd probably just cancel my booking now, that way I don't have to worry about if they'll show up or not

OMGosh reading this thread is giving me serious anxiety about finding reliable testing to return home. I am NOT an anxious person and not much gets me anxious - except for dentists...but this...is seriously giving me anxiety. I'm hoping that because we are planning to be in the Key's part of Florida and that I have set up an appointment with Walgreen's in Key Largo that we won't be running into some of these problem. I really don't want to have to waste a day going into Miami to find a testing place last minute. Yikes!!!!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to add our experience to this thread. We booked BeeperMD for our trip last week based on the recommendations from this forum but unfortunately we had an awful experience with them.

We booked this appointment two weeks before our trip from 1:30-3:30 and on the day of, we had not received any confirmation. I called them as soon as they opened at 8am the morning of our appointment and they said they were still working on the schedule and to keep an eye on our emails/texts. Around 10am, I called back since I hadn't heard from them. They said that no one was yet assigned to us but that they were still working on it. At 1:30 we still hadn't heard anything so we decided to call again. This time they gave us the name of a tester and told us that she was running late and to keep waiting. After waiting until 4:30, no one had showed up. We phoned them again and that's when they told us that unfortunately they couldn't accommodate us. We were very upset to say the least. They made us wait all day just to tell us that they couldn't come in the end. They offered to reschedule for the next day, but by then we had lost all trust in them. We went to a private testing clinic and paid the fee to get tested and got the results the next day.

If I can share one piece of advice is don't rely on them for your test. Make alternative plans and be prepared for them to not show up.

Last edited:
I booked them last week for January, and now I’m super paranoid, can someone please refresh me on how early I can book walgreen or CVS .
I know it’s not soon, I just want to add this note

I had a similar experience. I booked about 2.5 weeks in advance and paid for the 1 hour window, which I chose to start at 1:00 PM on Monday. Sunday evening I got a text adjusting the appointment time to 12:35 which was fine with me so I confirmed and got a text back acknowledging the confirmation.

On Monday I was at my hotel at 12:35, waited the hour and nobody arrived so I called at 1:35 and was told the person was running late but would be on her way as soon as possible.

She did arrive about 2:30, about 1 hour after the window I paid the upgrade for so I got the fee refunded. The test results came in about 24 hours and I’m waiting to board my flight now.

So overall, the service worked for me other than not honoring the upgrade fee for the 1 hour window, but that was refunded. Gladly I didn’t have any firm plans for the afternoon so I had some lunch and relaxed a bit.

I did need to remind myself that “you get what you pay for” and if the service is basically free, there’s no real impact to BeeperMD if they leave someone high and dry because they have an excess of customers. If you want more of a guarantee, book a place that charges a fee or pay the Uber or taxi to take you to an appointment at Walgreens or CVS.

I just called BeeperMD this morning and paid extra for the 1 hour window for 2 of us. Came up to $39+ Canadian. She had to cancel our existing appointments, then reschedule. Our appointment window is from 3-4PM next week Friday. I will update everyone on our experience on here.

Not too optimistic given what everyone is saying about them lately, so I will book Walgreens as a back up. Looks like Walgreen's makes appointments available 7 days in advance, from 9:30AM or so until 4:45PM at the latest. Our plan is that if BeeperMD doens't show up by 4, we'll take a taxi over to Walgreens for a 4:45 appt.

With an Uber, will they do the drive through and bring you right back to the park after? I was hoping to have them pick us up at Epcot, then drive us back there. I am not sure how to do this on the mobile App.
What I would do (I drove Rideshare while getting my Realtor License), set it up so you have a Stop at CVS/Walgreens etc, and then finish back where they picked you up. I would be honest with the driver what you are doing and tip them well if they just go with the flow and get you there and back safely. With the amount of Ubers/Lyfts around Im guessing its a better then good chance you will run into someone who has done it and knows the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter