"Been there, done that....NEVER again?"

There's not a lot we wouldn't do again because we hate it, but we did have two things this past that we we won't repeat.

CBR--it's nice, pleasant, very pretty, not for us.
'Ohana--learned the hard way that family style meals don't work for us.

Stitch, though--yeah, I hate that ride. :rotfl:

I visited Port Orleans Riverside when it was Dixie Landings and didn't care for it. I just remember our room being SO far from everything, including the bus stop.

I'll never go without the dining plan again. I know for some it isn't worth it but I am just totally obsessed with the restaurants and for us it's worth it. I always choose the most expensive restaurants :)

I am not a fan of parades and I don't think we'll ever go to a parade unless when we have kids they insist on it but I find parade time to be the best time to ride the rides without lines!

And the following attractions I just feel are outdated and boring so I never ride them- Country Bear Jamboree, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Tomorrowland Speedway (these really should be electric, the smell of the gas is just gross),

I've also never been on Mission Space, it's a little scary for me :)

Agree with OP on Ohana breakfast. For the cost, the food selection is very minimal and agree that it's nothing to write home about. Atmosphere of the place is also so-so.

Will never do Mission Space Orange again. Probably not green either. Never been so sick!

MNSSHP - I won't say NEVER again to this one, but although we enjoyed the parade and fireworks, we didn't enjoy it enough to warrant an extra $100+ for the tickets.

Just got back, today. Without a doubt, the "Fantasmic" show at DHS. The attempt at a storyline was just a mess. They just threw out random Disney heroes & villains. At one point, I half expected the wolf to show up & bite Ol' Yeller again. Then there was the full 10-minute stretch that was absolutely terrifying for DD6. Had we thought we could have done so safely, we'd have walked out on it. The effects are cool, but overall I'd rate the show a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

edit:

DW freaked out on Soarin' (partially because she found out as we were getting seated that we were going the highest), but settled down midway through. Not sure if she'd do it again, but everyone else LOVED it.

DD6 got scared during Tough To Be A Bug, but only for a bit. DD11 & DW did it twice & I gladly would have if DD6 would have agreed to go again.

DD11 & DW were all set to get on Stitch when they realized exactly what the ride was. They bailed at the last minute. Sounds like they made the right choice LOL.

Mission Space - I did the green version and came off the ride feeling rather, uh, green. I would never even think about going on orange.

Star Tours - again, felt rather green afterwards.

Sci-Fi Dine-In - worst. food. ever.

For our family it's:

Hoop De Doo Review - just not our thing, too corny, and the food isn't great. We also had a heck of a time getting back to our resort after the show.

Stitch - just not worth it

Typhoo Lagoon - I can't stand that wave pool, skinned my feet and knees getting knocked over and there really isn't any good place to swim. We love Blizzard Beach.

For me:
Stitch, speedway, CBR, EO

Could care less about: CRT, ASSp

Typhoo Lagoon - I can't stand that wave pool, skinned my feet and knees getting knocked over and there really isn't any good place to swim. We love Blizzard Beach.

We loved Crushin' Gusher & DD11 loved shark reef. Aside from those, we couldn't find any reason to ever return to Typhoon Lagoon. The wave pool loses its novelty the first time you get knocked down, and then you're wishing for a "standard" wave pool like the one at Blizzard Beach. Plus, the raft & tube rides at Typhoon Lagoon were downright lame.

MK - I'm going to be the odd one here, but I really Stitch's Great Escape. It's a cute ride. Peter Pan is one that I just don't get and won't ride again. The only time I've been on was just shy of midnight with almost nobody else on. The music was nearly impossible to hear over the creaking and groaning of the flying boats themselves. Snow White's another one that I just didn't get. Can't wait to see the new mine coaster when it's finished.

Epcot - Ellen's and Imaginations I can pass without a second thought. I would like to see EO one last time if for no other reason that it was what started my love of science-fiction when I was 5. I think it'll be great to MST the show. popcorn::

HS - Great Movie Ride, it's so dated and cheesy.

AK - There's nothing here that I would totally avoid but it's not really my kind of park. It's like the park is having an identity crises and can't decide if it wants to be a zoo or an amusement park and isn't doing a good job at either. Don't get me wrong, I love walking around the trails and even some of the rides but the park just feels like something is missing. We were there for the AP spft opening and heard about the beastly kingdom area that never ended up being built, so disappointing. I would rather they finish the original idea then move forward with avatarland.

Never to do again

-- Go at Christmas (did it five times and that is enough // crowds just too much for DH)

-- Go in the summer (too much heat and humidity) // did like the water parks and beach, then, though.

-- Fatasmic dinner package (Did Mama Melrose -- couldn't believe what I paid for mediocre overpriced food and I had to wait for dinner for as much extra time as I would have standed in line at Fatasmic)

-- Hoop De Doo (I have no idea why I did this twice. I forgot why I hadn't booked it again after the first time I did it 20 years ago. Just not my kind of humor // too cheesy)

-- Stay onsite unless DS has a seminar and company is paying (just not worth the premium to me)

-- Go to Downtown Disney high season at night -- a total zoo and three hour waits for dinner everywhere or no availability.

Despite how negative I sound, I really do love WDW.

I am surprised so many people don't like it's tough to be a bug - I love it :) The only thing I can think of that I would never do want to repeat is Captain EO. Really not a fan of this.

I am surprised so many people don't like it's tough to be a bug - I love it :) The only thing I can think of that I would never do want to repeat is Captain EO. Really not a fan of this.

I agree with skipping Captain EO. I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan (but I'm a fan of his song writing, singing, choreography, and dancing -- not of his acting). Even back in the 80s couldn't get into this little 3D movie.

1. Its a small world...I'll probably end up doing it again, but it will be 100% under protest

2. Stitch's Great Escape

3. Journey into the Imagination

4. the 3pm parade at MK, while I love a good parade I also enjoy the shorter lines while everyone else is watching the parade

5. ABC Commissar

The only ones I won't ever do again are related to motion sickness; Mission: Space and the tea cups.

I love everything else mentioned. ToT (my favorite ride in all of Disney), Lights Actions.. Only seen it once and can't wait to see it again!

Growing up only a 2 hour drive away, then going to college in Orlando I've been well over 200 times. There are a few things that aren't even "never again's" for me, more like "never do's"

never done...

Magic Kingdom
Stitch - Went on it waaay back in the day when it was Mission to Mars. Thought that was boring. Tried it once as Alien Encounter - again yawnsville. As Stich? Never bothered.
Cinderella Royal Table - I used to love Love LOVE it when it was King Stefan's Banquet Hall. Which of course is confusing since it is Cinderellas castle not Sleeping Beauty's. Just too darn expensive now - and from what I hear not at all worth it.
Epcot
Corral Reef - Eating fish in front of a big aquarium just seems so - wrong.
Studios
American Idol - Why oh WHY? I despise the TV show - would never go in there.
Lights Motors Action - sitting in the hot sun watching stunt cars, yea no thanks.
Hollywood and Vine - too many consistent bad reviews
ABC Commissary - same
Animal Kingdom
Yak and Yeti - Looked at their menu, blech. Plus I really just can't get past yak being in the title of a restaurant...

Things I don't care to do ever again...

Magic Kingdom
Swiss Family Tree House - Haven't done this since I was about 10. Stairs = sucky.
Tommorland Speedway - It's loud. The fumes are bad. The que isn't covered.
Pecos Bills - Kinda blech. I'll walk over to Columbia Harbor House instead.
Astro Orbiter - The wait is always for-ev-er. And for what? Dumbo higher up? Pass.
Epcot
Mission Space - I rode once before they had a green/orange. I swear I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. Couldn't breath. Scarred me to death, and took me about 45 minutes to calm down from. NEVER AGAIN!!!
Canada and China Movies - It's not the standing I have the issue with. But I get a dizzy vertigo watching them. Shame because I think they're both really beautiful.
Ellen - It needs an update. Big time. That's pretty much the only reason.
Chefs de France - The apps and dessert were fabulous. The entrées? No one liked them.
Studios
Indiana Jones - The show is getting tired.
One Mans Dream - Sorry everyone. BORING.
Animal Kingdom
Rafiki's Planet Watch - I feel trapped out there. It's hot. There's no real place to sit and relax. Kids don't even like it.
Camp Minne Mickey - With the exception of the Lion King Show I hate shlepping all the way over there for a whole lotta nothin'.
Resorts - Mods or Deluxe. I've figured out that we're a value kinda family. Don't get me wrong the other resorts are very pretty. But most are just so darn HUGE. I want to be able to walk a pool in under 5 minutes and the food court in under 10. If there is a bus that travels around the resort to take you to the main building... What does that tell you? For us they are too expensive too. I need a clean room with a bed and a shower. That's about it.

Oddley some of our favorites are ones everyone else is complaining about. Capitan EO, Bugs Life, Great Movie Ride, Tiki Room, just to name a few...

1. Pop Century - This was our first stay at a value. The bathroom was claustrophobic, and the beds were not comfy at all. I didn't sleep well despite being exhausted each night when we went to bed. The CM's were all great, and we had a great time at the main pool. I would stay there, if it was either that or no WDW trip at all though.

2. Stitch's Great Escape - I didn't want to do it at all on this trip, but the youngest DS wanted to really badly, so we did. It was on a night that the MK had EMH until 2 AM, and there weren't many people in line with us. The restraints should have stopped when they hit my shoulders, but they didn't. They kept pressing down until finally I had to scooch down in my seat b/c it was pressing really hard on my shoulders and was hurting. I don't care if it is on a trip where my nephew finally get to go to WDW, I will not ride that again. I will stand outside, in the heat, the rain, or a freak snow storm before I ride that again.

3. Restaurant Marrakesh - I did want to eat there, but thought it might be too different for our DSs, so I had Teppan Edo scheduled instead. My DH had me cancel the Teppan Edo and reschedule Marrakesh b/c he wanted to see the belly dancers. We did see one show and she was good and I loved the music. Our waiter suggested that since we were on the DlxDDp, we order two feast, so we get a little of everything and could share family style. We did. Some of the things I didn't care for, some were interesting and were just ok, and others were great. If we went with people that had never been to WDW before, and they wanted to eat there, I would do it for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter