MerlinandtheMouse

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! I just got on a waitlist for a Beach Club studio room from Dec. 3-6. Given that we’re 5+ months out, what do the chances generally look like for that time of year? Or do y’all think it’s better to waitlist a higher point value room? Thanks!

That is a very busy DVC time and given all that happens at Epcot for the holidays, it’s going to be a very hard room to get

I’d also waitlist one of the bigger resorts if you don’t have something already booked.

That is a very busy DVC time and given all that happens at Epcot for the holidays, it’s going to be a very hard room to get

I’d also waitlist one of the bigger resorts if you don’t have something already booked.
Ugh, I know you’re right. We plan to spend most our time at Epcot and HS for this short stay so I was hoping to be in that area, too.

There’s room left at the hotel side at Beach Club, I’m even tempted to just pay cash for this stay given the current discounts, but it hurts to pay for a stay when I have points😅

Ugh, I know you’re right. We plan to spend most our time at Epcot and HS for this short stay so I was hoping to be in that area, too.

There’s room left at the hotel side at Beach Club, I’m even tempted to just pay cash for this stay given the current discounts, but it hurts to pay for a stay when I have points😅
If you are considering a cash stay, have you checked out the Swan or Dolphin? Same area and on property privileges.

Swan & Dolphin are great options... understand their bus transport is not on the same caliber (they drop you off at the TTC instead of the entrance of Magic Kingdom for example.) Walking over or taking the water taxi to the Beach Club or Yacht and then catching the Disney bus is a good option too.

Scope the availability at Beach Club and picking up individual nights as they pop up. I've resigned to a split stay but had individual days open up and was able to build a consecutive 5 day stay the week before Christmas last year there.\

Good luck!

BC waitlists are tough as it is not a huge DVC property...but it only takes one cancellation to potentially get what you want. We've been on a BC waitlist for a 2br for August for five months now, and I don't expect it'll come through. But it would be nice surprise.

I would wait list BW garden view and even check to see if some are available book them wait list the remaining then wait list BC. Early December is very popular pools are hit and miss with weather that time of year so there really is no reason to limit to a smaller DVC resort.

Swan & Dolphin are great options... understand their bus transport is not on the same caliber (they drop you off at the TTC instead of the entrance of Magic Kingdom for example.) Walking over or taking the water taxi to the Beach Club or Yacht and then catching the Disney bus is a good option too.

Scope the availability at Beach Club and picking up individual nights as they pop up. I've resigned to a split stay but had individual days open up and was able to build a consecutive 5 day stay the week before Christmas last year there.\

Good luck!
Not a bad idea, I’ll definitely keep checking regularly to see if any Individual days open up and see if I can piece together those 3 nights. It was probably so satisfying having your 5 days come together haha
If you are considering a cash stay, have you checked out the Swan or Dolphin? Same area and on property privileges.
I can be such a snob about staying “on property” I didn’t even consider Swan and Dolphin lol but yeah this could actually work. Although, I’d still rather use my points but I’d probably have to admit defeat and try one of the other properties. Definitely worse problems to have😅

BC waitlists are tough as it is not a huge DVC property...but it only takes one cancellation to potentially get what you want. We've been on a BC waitlist for a 2br for August for five months now, and I don't expect it'll come through. But it would be nice surprise.
So true, I keep hoping since we’re still pretty far out from the dates it’ll only take a cancellation or two to get confirmation but I recognize it’s a small property and also very popular.
I would wait list BW garden view and even check to see if some are available book them wait list the remaining then wait list BC. Early December is very popular pools are hit and miss with weather that time of year so there really is no reason to limit to a smaller DVC resort.
Ahh that’s very helpful! I was thinking BW might give me a better chance so it’s good to hear others reaffirming.

I don't think your BWV chances are much better. There are more rooms - but those studios were booked and the waitlist started two months ago. Early December is tough, studios are tough, and those Epcot resorts tend to be tough. You might, as was suggested, have some luck stalking a room, but if you really want to be in the Epcot area, I'd book cash.

I saw 3 days available for a 2 bed room at BC for the first week of Jan and grabbed it. I needed two more days so I had a waitlist for them individually. I also check about 5-10 times per day because the waitlists are slower than you are. I got them about 10 min ago. So now have all 5 days in a 2 bedroom. Super pumped. So my recommendation is to just stay committed and check often.

I saw 3 days available for a 2 bed room at BC for the first week of Jan and grabbed it. I needed two more days so I had a waitlist for them individually. I also check about 5-10 times per day because the waitlists are slower than you are. I got them about 10 min ago. So now have all 5 days in a 2 bedroom. Super pumped. So my recommendation is to just stay committed and check often.
I actually think they sped the waitlist up a lot recently. I recently tested the waitlist, booked a room that was open (higher demand studio). Then no more availability. Made a waitlist for that room, so I could assume I was at the top. Cancelled the room, refreshed and tried to grab. Tested twice both times the waitlist grabbed in within 10-30 seconds it took me to refresh the availability page (checked with MS right after and both matched). In fact it showed available but when I clicked book (which it checks availability again) it wasn't there.

I minimized my impact with testing in that everything was within 5 mins, and I plan on using the rooms so didn't take them from anyone for the test (was okay with loosing them during the test though). I was just curious if the waitlist sped up because I noticed availability didn't seem to be popping up nearly as much as it used to.

I just got filled on my 1BR at the Beach Club for 12/2 - 12/9 yesterday. (I had AK Kidani 1BR booked) I think the studios are much more difficult to come by on waitlist especially only adding your waitlist at the 5 month window. There are probably a bunch of people on the waitlist ahead of you. I added my waitlist at the 7 month window.

You never know! I would stalk and do single night waitlists. Copper creek has limited studios too and I was able to stalk and get a single night for jersey week (November) not too long ago. Early December is incredibly popular with DVC but life happens and you never know if someone will cancel!

I had waitlisted a BCV studio for four nights last February. Was booked into CCR and was not expecting it to come through. On Christmas Eve, I got the email saying we’d gotten it. Was such a great Christmas present!

Please don't do this! Beach and Yacht club bus stops are crowded enough already trying to service the people actually staying at these resorts !:worship:
Must be a time of the year/ time of day issue as three years of staying at the Beach Club and rope dropping parks has never been an issue of space (and that's with a double stroller & three little kids.) (Not saying I doubt the opinion, just that my experience hasn't been that.)

With Disney providing free parking and buses to (nearly) every spot in WDW you'd like to get to from Disney Springs, stating "Deluxe resort bus stops are really only for actual hotel guests" is a tough sell.

Disney themselves even clarify that all transportation is open and available to everyone (even those not staying in Disney Resorts.) If it's a big issue on space... best bet is to take it up with Disney as they are encouraging this as it gets more people in their resorts. It may even turn a Swan or Dolphin customer into a Yacht or Beach Club customer... stranger things have happened.

Disney FAQ - Transportation

Transportation – Frequently Asked Questions​

Q:I’m not staying at a Disney Resort hotel. Can I use the monorails, buses and boats to get around Walt Disney World Resort?
A:Yes. All Guests have complimentary access to our network of monorails, buses and boats. If you would like to visit multiple parks, enjoy a nice dinner at one of the Disney Resort hotels or shop at Disney Springs, you can leave your car parked in the theme park lot and use our transportation network.
While there are many ways to get around Walt Disney World Resort, here are several recommended routes that may be convenient for Guests who are not staying at a Disney Resort hotel, but wish to visit multiple parks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter