BC Refurb?

I'm surprised they may be doing a full refurb. When we were there Sept 2012 they were swapping out mattresses. We were on the top floor (5th I think) and they were working their way up.

At the time, that was the worst mattress I have ever been on in my life. Thankfully, it looked like the next person getting our room wound have a brand new mattress.

Hard for me to imagine they would do a full refurb when mattresses are only 2 years old.

Just returned from an amazing stay at BCV. I miss it already! The CM's were awesome- valet, check in, concierge, pool, etc. The hallway carpet could use replacement but it did not really bother me or effect my stay. The room was clean, well stocked, and everything worked. Can't wait to go back as we all had a blast !

We arrive for a 6 night stay on 6/23. It has been years since we have stayed here as we keep winding up at BWV. My DDs begged for somewhere different and they love SAB so I was really happy when my wait list came through extending us from 3 to 6 nights.

Does anyone have any tips for a room request?

We were there in March, and our section of the hallway had a new carpet they were testing. I spoke with some suits who were staring at it one day and discussing it. I got the official disney line, but I got the impression that there was some disagreement about the 'direction' of the scheduled rehab.

I will say the hallway carpet had a much more contemporary look. It was a dark grey with lines through it in a graphic pattern. Nothing beachy or 'light' about it. It made me think of the new look in the OKW rooms.

I'm ok with a more contemporary interpretation of a beach theme, but I hope it's not as bland as the new WLV rehab (my apologies to those who own there, but I liked the old look better).

Why don't they just put hardwood floors in the hallways? Is it the noise factor?

Although this is kind of a sore point for some of us. Whatever happened to the rehab at BCV? When we were there in Oct, 2013, there were different carpet "swatches" around BCV. It made it look like one giant patchwork quilt. The CMs at the front desk told me that different carpet samples were being tested for endurance before an upgrade that was due to take place in "spring, 2014". Was anyone else told of a BCV upgrade coming fairly soon?

Simba's Mom, and all others really looking forward to the refurb. Just be aware that OKW and VWL owners weren't universally thrilled with the refurbs done at their resorts. BCV might get the refurb but it may no longer have some of the little details, or even the color scheme, that so many people like there.

We have only stayed at BCV twice so I don't recall much about the decor or any special themed details. So maybe it isn't as big a deal but be prepared for a refurb that may change how the resort villas look and feel.

Thanks Granny-but as much as the unfulfilled promise of a BCV rehab disappoints me, I'm about to book a January trip there, patchwork carpet and all! It's still one of my favorite resorts.

Stayed there last jan and rm and hallways were bad….it was the first time I felt maybe not a good decision to buy in… I get the "testing of carpet" - but reading here it's still ongoing….odd…The room needed basic maintenance & deep cleaning ( e.g. the doors in the cabinets were not hung at the same height - dirt in corners) This is basic hotel stuff - I don't get it from a business perspective given that Disney is known for excellence in customer service and the fact that DVCers are a vocal group for the brand - seems shortsighted by mgmt to operate this way - penny wise pound foolish -

Just returned from an amazing stay at BCV. I miss it already! The CM's were awesome- valet, check in, concierge, pool, etc. The hallway carpet could use replacement but it did not really bother me or effect my stay. The room was clean, well stocked, and everything worked. Can't wait to go back as we all had a blast !

Funny, cause this last February, I thought they were the worst mattresses I've ever slept on. Very hard. My body was literally going numb in some places. LOL I tossed and turned all night.

Thanks Granny-but as much as the unfulfilled promise of a BCV rehab disappoints me, I'm about to book a January trip there, patchwork carpet and all! It's still one of my favorite resorts.

The rest of that resort is the only thing keeping those villas alive. LOL Those rooms are terrible.

We arrive for a 6 night stay on 6/23. It has been years since we have stayed here as we keep winding up at BWV. My DDs begged for somewhere different and they love SAB so I was really happy when my wait list came through extending us from 3 to 6 nights. Does anyone have any tips for a room request?

Reading the posts here I am getting a little nervous about our upcoming stay. I will be sure to speak up if I feel like the accommodations are sub-par. I would still love advice for making a room request from someone who has had a recent stay.

Reading the posts here I am getting a little nervous about our upcoming stay.

Me too. It looks like Disney lists upcoming resort refurbs along with planned ride closures, and there is nothing listed for BCV through the end of the year. :-/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter