BC Refurb?

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
I noted in "resorts" section that BC will be undergoing a refurb starting with club section. Does this mean that DVC portion of BC will also be undergoing same or are they unrelated?

Although this is kind of a sore point for some of us. Whatever happened to the rehab at BCV? When we were there in Oct, 2013, there were different carpet "swatches" around BCV. It made it look like one giant patchwork quilt. The CMs at the front desk told me that different carpet samples were being tested for endurance before an upgrade that was due to take place in "spring, 2014". Was anyone else told of a BCV upgrade coming fairly soon?

We're there mid August...10th thru 15th. Our last stay there was quite a few years ago and IMO the rooms needed refurb then....I'm guessing they've probably been done since then....I believe it was 2005 or 2006? It's not really a fav of mine or DH's...but...our 12 yr old DGS really wants to stay there this trip because of Stormalong Bay.

We were at BCV 3/29-4/6. I believe we had a refurbished room. The interior looked like the photos on the Disney website, not the photos on Allears. The hallway carpet had not been changed. We were in room 410.

BCV are supposed to get a refurb "sometime in 2014" is what I was told, and I've read it. However...I'm still waiting to hear it is scheduled. It needs is badly. We were there last June and again in December. The hallway carpets are disgusting and I was actually embarrassed by it because we had "first timers" staying with us. I did hear that when they finished refurbing VWL they would begin BCV. I hope so....it's long overdue. Still my favorite place in the whole world!

BCV are supposed to get a refurb "sometime in 2014" is what I was told, and I've read it. However...I'm still waiting to hear it is scheduled. It needs is badly. We were there last June and again in December. The hallway carpets are disgusting and I was actually embarrassed by it because we had "first timers" staying with us. I did hear that when they finished refurbing VWL they would begin BCV. I hope so....it's long overdue. Still my favorite place in the whole world!

Yes!!!! It is so bad. I've also heard the same, sometimes in 2014, but I don't know what's going on. The last time we were there was February, and I think that will be our last till they refurbish. Sad since we own there and I love the resort itself, but the rooms are God awful.

I am here now. I can tell you the resort is need of repair. I am disappointed how dirty the carpets look. Our room has holes in the walls. We are less than pleased as many points we have wasted. Yes location is nice. But give me Akl or SSR. Highly disappointed on the not kept up look. I know everyone has their favorites. But this is need of updating..

I am here now. I can tell you the resort is need of repair. I am disappointed how dirty the carpets look. Our room has holes in the walls. We are less than pleased as many points we have wasted. Yes location is nice. But give me Akl or SSR. Highly disappointed on the not kept up look. I know everyone has their favorites. But this is need of updating..

Please complain to DVC. It's the only way they will do anything. We need to complain! BCV is our home resort and we love it but every time we go it looks worse!

We are arriving Saturday, we have never had a bad room...well one time the key to the safe was broken off in the lock, but they fixed it within 30 minutes. I see the carpets may need replacing in the hallways, but that doesn't bother me.

We also go mainly for SAB. I have never felt embarrassed or disappointed with BCV, but if it's due for rehab, it should get it. Next stay there is in August after the MC.

NoleFan, our SAB pool day is Tuesday. I'll be the one with four grandchildren! One adult for each kid. We move to OKW on Wednesday for 8 nights.

Word is they are going to start with BC. Starting on 5th floor first and work their way down. Starting date is 'sometime in the fall'. After BC they will move to BCV's and then on to the Yacht Club.

And as one who has stayed at BC and BCV's this past year I can agree. It's (past) time.

We also go mainly for SAB. I have never felt embarrassed or disappointed with BCV, but if it's due for rehab, it should get it. Next stay there is in August after the MC.

Just got back and the bathtub faucet had to be called in because it was dripping continuously and a couple of other minor issues. I loved my stay and it felt like home. Hadn't been able to stay there the last couple of times. The carpeting does look horrible though and I hope they don't go with the new design they put in by the entrance to the main hallway. Awful design.

We were there in April and it definitely needs a refurb. My DD kept commenting on the different sections of carpet in the hallways. Very strange!

We were there in April and it definitely needs a refurb. My DD kept commenting on the different sections of carpet in the hallways. Very strange!

Different carpeting still in April? I remember last October, not only did they have the different carpet sections then, there had been posts from previous months and I wondered if they'd still have them in October. Never imagined they'd still be having that patchwork carpeting in April. I can see testing for a few months (that's what they said they were doing), but this isn't the best "look" for the guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter