BC Dining?

You don't have to walk outside from BC to access either the Marketplace at BC or the Market at YC. Both have hot food options, though I do prefer the menu items at the Market at YC.

No one would even bat an eye at a family with children eating in one of the lounge areas and if they do, who cares, children are allowed!
I think the points I tried to make are being missed -- perhaps I wasn't clear. The lounges are small, they are not designed for children (nor are the menus), many parents do not want to take their children into bars, particularly at a conference hotel where there is more adult conversation than you would normally experience at a WDW resort; tables are not cleared as people finish eating in a lounge as people may be there for the night with the group they are socializing with. The BC, in particular, attracts families, but the BC/YC lounges are geared to adults on the conference circuit. The counter service options also assume that the conference guests are getting fed through their conference experience, so they are not really looking for a decent offer of varied food in the evenings.

I'm not really aiming to start a war on this, I was just trying to provide some advice to the OP who was worrying about BC dining options based upon my experience of the resort and some of the dining limitations I think the resorts have.

I got your points, I just have a different view point.

The OP was worried about being able to grab a quick breakfast or dinner if needed and I think she will be able to do that.
It's good OP can see both points of view..

In the end, I'm sure wherever the OP ends up eating will work out, enjoy your trip!!! :)

Nice trolling. Try staying at a time when the rain is so persistent and so heavy that it takes three days for your shoes to dry out. For many Disney visitors, heavy and prolonged rain is a "norm" during their visit. You may have avoided these periods, and I am happy for you, but for others the weather is a fact of life on a disney vacation and I don't think that it's wrong to point out the impact on dining options at BC when someone is asking for advice.

And I sure hope it's not thunderstorming every time you want to eat, that would be some bad luck! ;)

My post earlier was in response to this comment which I thought was just an attempt to troll the discussion.

Nice trolling. Try staying at a time when the rain is so persistent and so heavy that it takes three days for your shoes to dry out. For many Disney visitors, heavy and prolonged rain is a "norm" during their visit. You may have avoided these periods, and I am happy for you, but for others the weather is a fact of life on a disney vacation and I don't think that it's wrong to point out the impact on dining options at BC when someone is asking for advice.

My post earlier was in response to this comment which I thought was just an attempt to troll the discussion.

Okay then, I'm out before this gets completely off the rails.

I see the limited lunch/dinner menus at both places: flat breads and soup at BC, panini at YC. These options are better than when I last stayed at the resort, but they are still incredibly limited for a resort catering for a large number of people. Maybe I'm a bit of an outlier on these boards, but I can regard a panini or a small flatbread as a lunch meal, I would struggle to regard it as my main meal of the day. The servings space is also incredibly small (particularly in the BC Marketplace) so I dread to think how long it takes to get your food and pay for it. Someone on another Board likened the BC marketplace to lining up to get a Subway Sandwich...

Yes, completely agree...I need more than two options!! And subway:crazy2:. I get that there are other options around but all of that hassle to go grab breakfast rather than just pop into captain cooks seems like way to much work!! Lordy, I think I’m going to change resorts!!

Last edited:
Yes, completely agree...I need more than two options!! And subway:crazy2:. I get that there are other options around but all of that hassle to go grab breakfast rather than just pop into captain cooks seems like way to much work!! Lordy I think I’m going to change resorts!!

One last shot - you can get Mickey Waffles or a Bounty Platter at Beach Club for breakfast (inside) or some breakfast sandwiches at Yacht Club (inside). Among other things.

But to be honest maybe you should change resorts if this really has the potential to ruin your trip. Good luck!

Yes, completely agree...I need more than two options!! And subway:crazy2:. I get that there are other options around but all of that hassle to go grab breakfast rather than just pop into captain cooks seems like way to much work!! Lordy, I think I’m going to change resorts!!
I do think the BC offerings are very limited compared to Captain Cooks. And I've always found the quick service at the marketplace to be super slow, even when there's hardly anyone there. That being said, I'd probably keep my stay at the BC over Christmas and New Years.

I avoided the BC/YC for a couple of years due to the “lack of QS food”. Honestly in my opinion, I find the QS options to be fine and there has always been enough variety even for my picky kids. I was sorry that I hadn’t stayed there earlier due to reading some negative reviews. I hope that you keep your reservations and enjoy the resorts...they are our favorite!

As a pp said you can get mickey waffles, a breakfast sandwich, oatmeal and the bounty platter at BC marketplace if you are looking for a hot breakfast. I also haven't waited there any longer than Captain Cook's. For lunch you can get the offerings at the Marketplace or if you want burgers and such you can just go to Hurricane Hannah's. I really don't find the options at BC that much more limited than the other deluxe resorts. That said, if not having as many options as you are used to will ruin your trip you should just change now, no point in setting yourself up for misery.

I am worried about this too, with a 2 year old who can be difficult. We booked a split stay with BC and Poly for summer. Now I am really getting worried.

I am worried about this too, with a 2 year old who can be difficult. We booked a split stay with BC and Poly for summer. Now I am really getting worried.

We had a large family trip a couple years ago with a total of 7 kids under the age of 4. We never had any issues finding food for any meal and believe me, a couple of them were very difficult. Every family said they were going to stay at BC or YC for their trips going forward. One of the things we love about the Epcot Area resorts is the plethora of food options all around. There's something for everyone.

I feel bad that people are really worried or severely stressed over something as fun as a Disney vacation. I think people on this thread have made some pretty good arguments to assuage your fears, but you should also take into consideration those who did not feel there were good food options.

When it comes down to it, if you have looked at all the food options available to you at this resort area, read the menus and you feel that they aren't acceptable for you and your family, truly you should stay at another resort.

My thoughts, you are at Disney. I bet you can stay at any resort on property and find something more than acceptable to eat in a pinch. But you shouldn't stay where you will not be satisfied. It's just too expensive.

With small children perhaps you are better off staying in the Magic Kingdom area? Poly was fun! :) The reason I am on this thread is because I had these thoughts on our last trip, but just the opposite point of view - I was at Polynesian and missed all the food options at the Yacht/Beach area.

Yes it’s tough with kids. I know others have said just go to Epcot, but it wasn’t that simple for us. We were dog tired and hungry and walking there felt like it was walking across country lol. The resorts are large and those walks can be a killer at the end of the day. We stumbled over to Boardwalk Bakery one night and the food was just terrible. It was my one and only awful food experience at WDW.

Honestly the deluxe resorts are hit or miss with food choices. We learned the lesson from BC and ordered Prime Now for our stay at the Contemporary a few months ago. It was a lifesaver to have snacks and groceries in the room.

Beach Club is a wonderful resort with so much going for it. Do yourself a favor and make a grocery order.

Yes it’s tough with kids. I know others have said just go to Epcot, but it wasn’t that simple for us. We were dog tired and hungry and walking there felt like it was walking across country lol. The resorts are large and those walks can be a killer at the end of the day. We stumbled over to Boardwalk Bakery one night and the food was just terrible. It was my one and only awful food experience at WDW.

Honestly the deluxe resorts are hit or miss with food choices. We learned the lesson from BC and ordered Prime Now for our stay at the Contemporary a few months ago. It was a lifesaver to have snacks and groceries in the room.

Beach Club is a wonderful resort with so much going for it. Do yourself a favor and make a grocery order.

So with kids, what did you eat at the BC? I am concerned now about having to walk for food when exhausted.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned room service. Look at my signature, we love BC/YC, but it's not the best option for those that are looking for a good CS to consistently grab breakfast and dinner. We usually go for a sit down table service. I am one of those that do NOT consider a sandwich a meal, especially with the awkward ordering area and the limited seating at Marketplace, and I've also had terrible luck with the lounges being full with people lounging (unlike a restaurant, there is no table turning).

But, I would not switch your reservation! There is room service! For breakfast, make sure to get your order in the night before, so that you are not waiting long. For dinner, you will need to order around 45 minutes ahead. And of course, there's Epcot for dinner!

So with kids, what did you eat at the BC? I am concerned now about having to walk for food when exhausted.

We had a car, so we ran to a store and bought stuff for the room. My daughter is VERY picky and would not eat anything from the Marketplace. I also grabbed some items to go from the France bakery at Epcot and we snacked on those. We had ADRs at Cape May and Beach Club and we did enjoy those!

I just don't think the Marketplace is good. CMs were not the nicest, either.

Grand Floridian has the best QS in my opinion, I loved popping in there all day long and all the food options they had. When I stayed at the Beach Club for the first time I was really disappointed in their food options. I remember wanting to go back to the Grand while I was eating. I think the food options are a bit limited at the Epcot resorts, but during Christmas/NYE I would not change my reservation. I don't think there's anything to change it to. I was looking today and everything was showing as booked when I tried to add an additional day. Walking to the two parks during that crazy busy time will be a huge relief and definitely outweigh the food. Room service could be an easy option with a little kid so you don't have to them anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter