BC Dining?

tvsdisney

Mouseketeer
We are staying at BC for Christmas through NYE. We typically will grab qs for breakfast or a quick dinner if needed. We are not a bring food to the resort type of family. We like to enjoy the different options around us. I’m worried about the limited options at BC as well as our ability to sit down and enjoy a quick meal. What has been everyone’s experience? We could always maybe switch our resort:/ I’m having severe second thoughts which I normally don’t have at this point.

We have an AP so yes and we are rope drop people so that could be difficult
Well, if you're rope drop people during Christmas week, nothing much will be open at the other resorts anyways super early. I'm assuming MK will be open each day at 7am. I'd stick with the BC and maybe pick up a bagel or croissant the day before for your breakfast.

We are staying at BC for Christmas through NYE. We typically will grab qs for breakfast or a quick dinner if needed. We are not a bring food to the resort type of family. We like to enjoy the different options around us. I’m worried about the limited options at BC as well as our ability to sit down and enjoy a quick meal. What has been everyone’s experience? We could always maybe switch our resort:/ I’m having severe second thoughts which I normally don’t have at this point.

For that week in particular, I would stay where you are at BC. I can't emphasize enough how convenient it will be to walk to both EP and DHS that week and not have to rely on any, incredibly crowded, Disney transportation. You have a ton of quick service options available to you within walking distance - The Marketplace at BC, The Market at YC, Boardwalk Bakery and, if you aren't on the DDP, Picabu over at the Dolphin. If you happen to walk to any of those resorts for breakfast (or any meal for that matter), you can still catch the boat or walk to EP and DHS or hop on the bus from that resort to head to MK and AK.

If you like to enjoy the different options, BC, and all of the other EP area resorts are connected by walking paths. You have bc, yc, swan, dolphin, and bw, all within a quick stroll.

So what are the options at Beach club exactly? Or the immediate areas surrounding, for a family with a 2 year old?

So what are the options at Beach club exactly? Or the immediate areas surrounding, for a family with a 2 year old?

You've gotten some good ideas on how to start your search already.
The wdw site itself will also allow you to filter dining choices by parks and/or resorts, so you can get a list of all restaurants in the EP area. You should also be able to filter by dining "style" (character / TS / QS etc.)

We stay at BCV 2-3 times a year and haven't gone hungry yet. You'll be just fine :)

Breakfast at the marketplace is good IMHO and definitely try a flatbread pizza!

I guess I don't understand this complaint about Beach Club anymore after staying at the Polynesian.

I think Beach Club has just as many options - the Marketplace Beach Club, Hurricane Hannah's, Crew's Cup, Ale and Compass lounge, The Market at Ale and Compass. Also, Epcot is your backyard. Boardwalk across the way has a few quick service options.

We stayed at Poly last year - unless I'm missing something, had around the same amount of options for food. And I did not like Captain Cook's at all. We found way more food options at Beach Club.

For that week in particular, I would stay where you are at BC. I can't emphasize enough how convenient it will be to walk to both EP and DHS that week and not have to rely on any, incredibly crowded, Disney transportation. You have a ton of quick service options available to you within walking distance - The Marketplace at BC, The Market at YC, Boardwalk Bakery and, if you aren't on the DDP, Picabu over at the Dolphin. If you happen to walk to any of those resorts for breakfast (or any meal for that matter), you can still catch the boat or walk to EP and DHS or hop on the bus from that resort to head to MK and AK.

I’m trying to look at the positive and think the walking vs the busses will be amazing! Especially during the awful time(due to school:sad2:) that we are traveling this year...never been full through till NYE. I’m sure I’ll appreciate every aspect of BC when we are walking back on NYE from Epcot!!

We were so disappointed with the lack of quick service options there. That's really my only complaint about Beach Club.

Yes, this was my worry!! The past few trips we used Gaspy’s and captain cooks quite a bit. Also my oldest would go grab stuff on his own and use it for down time away from the fam. Hoping we don’t miss it:/

BC options are OK if a) the weather is good and you are not wanting hot food -- it can be a real pain if there is a thunder storm going on, HHannah's closes because of the weather and you cannot get into the table service restaurants because of existing reservations, or b) you have youngish children and are reluctant to take them into lounge areas, even if there are spare tables large enough to accommodate a family. There is nothing undercover by way of a counter service at Boardwalk either.
I think Beach Club has just as many options - the Marketplace Beach Club, Hurricane Hannah's, Crew's Cup, Ale and Compass lounge, The Market at Ale and Compass. Also, Epcot is your backyard. Boardwalk across the way has a few quick service options.

Yes, you can walk to Swan/Dolphin for hot food or take a boat if they are running, or head into EPCOT if you have a ticket that will let you without an extra cost (e.g an AP or a hopper), but you are probably going to get very wet if there is a thunder storm happening. Alternately, you can bite the bullet and pay the premium for room service.

My advice, is consider an emergency 1 meal shop at BC if you are traveling during a wet season.

BC options are OK if a) the weather is good and you are not wanting hot food -- it can be a real pain if there is a thunder storm going on, HHannah's closes because of the weather and you cannot get into the table service restaurants because of existing reservations, or b) you have youngish children and are reluctant to take them into lounge areas, even if there are spare tables large enough to accommodate a family. There is nothing undercover by way of a counter service at Boardwalk either.

Yes, you can walk to Swan/Dolphin for hot food or take a boat if they are running, or head into EPCOT if you have a ticket that will let you without an extra cost (e.g an AP or a hopper), but you are probably going to get very wet if there is a thunder storm happening. Alternately, you can bite the bullet and pay the premium for room service.

My advice, is consider an emergency 1 meal shop at BC if you are traveling during a wet season.

You don't have to walk outside from BC to access either the Marketplace at BC or the Market at YC. Both have hot food options, though I do prefer the menu items at the Market at YC.

You can get hot food in both Yacht and Beach Club without going outside. No one would even bat an eye at a family with children eating in one of the lounge areas and if they do, who cares, children are allowed!

And I sure hope it's not thunderstorming every time you want to eat, that would be some bad luck! ;)

I see the limited lunch/dinner menus at both places: flat breads and soup at BC, panini at YC. These options are better than when I last stayed at the resort, but they are still incredibly limited for a resort catering for a large number of people. Maybe I'm a bit of an outlier on these boards, but I can regard a panini or a small flatbread as a lunch meal, I would struggle to regard it as my main meal of the day. The servings space is also incredibly small (particularly in the BC Marketplace) so I dread to think how long it takes to get your food and pay for it. Someone on another Board likened the BC marketplace to lining up to get a Subway Sandwich...

Whatever floats your boat!

One of the best parts of these hotels (yacht/beach/boardwalk) is the proximity to Epcot. You never run out of food ideas.
We always get hoppers when staying in the Boardwalk area, many days we would be at pool, walk to Epcot for lunch, go to another park at night. Or be at MK during day then pop into Epcot for a late dinner.

One of the reasons we did not like the Magic Kingdom area was the lack of food options compared to the Boardwalk area. Aaahhhh, can't wait to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!