• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

BBB before MVMCP

leja1316

Earning My Ears
We'll be attending MVMCP on 11/10. I currently have 2 BBB reservations for 3:30pm before the party starts. I'm aware I'll need to use a park ticket to do this since it's before 4pm when my event ticket would let me in. I basically grabbed what I could when I made the reservation as I wasn't originally planning BBB for our party day. My question is, has anyone done BBB before a party and is it good use of time? I don't want it to detract in any way from the party or have the kids be uncomfortable (they're 6 & 8 if that helps). Looking for thoughts/experiences. Thanks!

We'll be attending MVMCP on 11/10. I currently have 2 BBB reservations for 3:30pm before the party starts. I'm aware I'll need to use a park ticket to do this since it's before 4pm when my event ticket would let me in. I basically grabbed what I could when I made the reservation as I wasn't originally planning BBB for our party day. My question is, has anyone done BBB before a party and is it good use of time? I don't want it to detract in any way from the party or have the kids be uncomfortable (they're 6 & 8 if that helps). Looking for thoughts/experiences. Thanks!
So we've done BBB several times and the first time was when they were around your kids' ages. They loved it. Are you going to bring your own dresses or will you buy what the BBB sells? The dresses they sell are super cute but also super itchy. The last two times my girls did it, they had their own dresses which worked much better. The first time we did it, I didn't even know that you can bring your own. Also, depending on what hair style you go with, that could be an issue. My one daughter loved her hair but the braids were so tight that we had to take it all out the next day. Whatever you do, just make sure you stick to something that won't bother them or be really uncomfortable. We did BBB before a character meal so we had good pics for meet and greets. I'd think before a party, you could get some cool photos with all the special photo ops so that will be a nice perk.

Keep in mind that it will take a long time and they're not always on schedule so depending on what package you get, I'd suspect you'd be there for no less than 1.5-2 hours with wait time so it will cut into the early pre-party time. Also, make sure you've all eaten something before you go since it's not a short process and you can't eat inside of BBB. You could keep checking for openings that might work better for your schedule too as they do get cancellations.

So we've done BBB several times and the first time was when they were around your kids' ages. They loved it. Are you going to bring your own dresses or will you buy what the BBB sells? The dresses they sell are super cute but also super itchy. The last two times my girls did it, they had their own dresses which worked much better. The first time we did it, I didn't even know that you can bring your own. Also, depending on what hair style you go with, that could be an issue. My one daughter loved her hair but the braids were so tight that we had to take it all out the next day. Whatever you do, just make sure you stick to something that won't bother them or be really uncomfortable. We did BBB before a character meal so we had good pics for meet and greets. I'd think before a party, you could get some cool photos with all the special photo ops so that will be a nice perk.

Keep in mind that it will take a long time and they're not always on schedule so depending on what package you get, I'd suspect you'd be there for no less than 1.5-2 hours with wait time so it will cut into the early pre-party time. Also, make sure you've all eaten something before you go since it's not a short process and you can't eat inside of BBB. You could keep checking for openings that might work better for your schedule too as they do get cancellations.
Yes, we'll be bringing our own dresses - we also did that last time and it worked really well. I'm going to have them review the hair options beforehand too although they're both saying they want braids (not even sure if that's an option) since they're dressing as Elsa and Anna. I agree out the cool photos - I'm definitely leaning towards keeping the appointments and just brining back-up clothes in my backpack. We could also easily run back and change since we're staying at BLT. Thanks for adding the part about eating - that's something I didn't factor in. I'm going to keep checking for cancellations in case something earlier in the day pops up as well. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter