• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

I am definitely not wishing for it...if I was making a DVC purchasing decision today, and the rooms were themed like the photos in their announcement, I would choose another resort. I realize opinions on the theming/decor are kind of polarized. I don't think any of the DVC rooms I saw (in recent YouTube tours only) prompted such a visceral reaction for me....if that makes sense. Again--I know they are Contemporary rooms and not BLT rooms!

That makes a lot of sense about watching PVB to see what happens--thank you! I hope they stick to what they have too.

Just checking!

I had seen the released CR photos but not anything on reactions. I thought that last CR refurb was perhaps the best they had ever done. This new one they're showing goes towards the bottom for me unfortunately and I'd be terribly disappointed to see it bleed over to BLT. I'm more ambivalent if Moana goes in at PVB as it appeared to be more subtle but I think PVB is nice as is and just needs carpet replacement, painting etc and not retheming.

With the room revamp announcement for the Contemporary....do we think any of this design is going to bleed over into BLT room design? I don't know if there has been a precedent for this at other resorts...

I have always been a CR fan (sentiment perhaps, as we stayed there often on our first WDW trips). But I really don’t care for the new room decor at all. We were contemplating a possible trip in November for the D23 convention, scheduled to be held at the CR. Now we are not so sure!

We just came back from a 2BR TPV stay here... gorgeuos view, totally worth it!

The bedrooms felt a bit torn out already, particularly the master... have you heard of any calendar refurbishment?

We just came back from a 2BR TPV stay here... gorgeuos view, totally worth it!

The bedrooms felt a bit torn out already, particularly the master... have you heard of any calendar refurbishment?

It may just be a case of that particular room. I do think DVC could do a better job of upkeep between refurbs. I've seen it at a couple resorts over the years but it doesn't seem like it's really a coordinated effort everywhere.

It may just be a case of that particular room. I do think DVC could do a better job of upkeep between refurbs. I've seen it at a couple resorts over the years but it doesn't seem like it's really a coordinated effort everywhere.
I've noticed this too. On our last stay at BLT, the bathroom was in desperate need of some upkeep. I think they're not doing such a great job and general maintenance and relying too much on the refurb schedule. IF DVC sticks to the 14 year schedule then the refurb should start around 2023, just after the 50th celebrations.

Wondering how the 1 BR sofabeds are - has anyone stayed recently & are they ok for teens? I really like the BLT location and not crazy about paying 2 BR prices for just the 3 of us (my son is 14). I liked the 1 BR layout with 2 bathrooms.

Wondering how the 1 BR sofabeds are - has anyone stayed recently & are they ok for teens? I really like the BLT location and not crazy about paying 2 BR prices for just the 3 of us (my son is 14). I liked the 1 BR layout with 2 bathrooms.

The sofa beds at BLT aren’t too bad compared to some of the other resorts. BLT also has a chair in the living room that pulls out into a single sleeper. Your son might find that more comfortable if he’s not over 6 feet.

The sofa beds at BLT aren’t too bad compared to some of the other resorts. BLT also has a chair in the living room that pulls out into a single sleeper. Your son might find that more comfortable if he’s not over 6 feet.

Thanks! He's just under 6 feet but about 230 - big kid & will be almost 15 when we stay. Last night I showed him the rooms, along with the set up next to Contemporary and he was really excited. Didn't mind the sofa and was excited that he would have his own bathroom.

* addendum for owners who are wondering about the Incredibles theme. I wasn't sure about it but I showed my son and he really liked it so Disney obviously knows what they are doing - kids may think it's the greatest.

To add. We just came back from 9 nights at BLT in a standard view studio. Room 7237. We loved it! the Carpet in our room was looking pretty warn and had some snags in it that were pretty good. Also the AC unit seemed to make the floor wet in the closet I'm guessing from condensation. I will say the AC in this room was a beast and let you lower it down to 65 degrees :) Overall we loved BLT. It was our first stay. We own at CCV and RIV. So far we have stayed in a CCV studio, a Beach Club accessible studio(never asked for an accessible room), a Riviera Standard View Studio and the BLT Standard View Studio. It was our first time at a monorail resort and we absolutely loved it. We used to love the skyliner but it seems to close at every sight of lightning or dark clouds and its just not reliable since they don't tell you if its running on the APP from what I can tell. We did love Riviera a lot. The rooms were the best so far. But our favorites of the 4 we've stayed at are in this order, BLT(monorail and walking to MK is amazing), CCV(we just love the Wilderness Lodge), Riviera, then Beach Club., IMG_1384.jpgIMG_1380.jpgIMG_1390.jpgIMG_1402.jpgIMG_1579.jpgIMG_1588.jpgIMG_1587.jpgIMG_1584.jpg

I have a question on whether there is a map showing BLT rooms?
I was curious as to if there is a particular section that has the 2 bedroom units and if they are side by side for lake view?
The family is splitting up into 2 separate groups using 2- 2bedroom Lake View units.

To add. We just came back from 9 nights at BLT in a standard view studio. Room 7237. We loved it! the Carpet in our room was looking pretty warn and had some snags in it that were pretty good. Also the AC unit seemed to make the floor wet in the closet I'm guessing from condensation. I will say the AC in this room was a beast and let you lower it down to 65 degrees :) Overall we loved BLT. It was our first stay. We own at CCV and RIV. So far we have stayed in a CCV studio, a Beach Club accessible studio(never asked for an accessible room), a Riviera Standard View Studio and the BLT Standard View Studio. It was our first time at a monorail resort and we absolutely loved it. We used to love the skyliner but it seems to close at every sight of lightning or dark clouds and its just not reliable since they don't tell you if its running on the APP from what I can tell. We did love Riviera a lot. The rooms were the best so far. But our favorites of the 4 we've stayed at are in this order, BLT(monorail and walking to MK is amazing), CCV(we just love the Wilderness Lodge), Riviera, then Beach Club., View attachment 592349View attachment 592350View attachment 592351View attachment 592352View attachment 592353View attachment 592354View attachment 592355View attachment 592356
Happy you enjoyed your first stay at BLT! Such an awesome resort! We are BLT owners that love Riv! Maybe we can trade points some time ;)

I have a question on whether there is a map showing BLT rooms?
I was curious as to if there is a particular section that has the 2 bedroom units and if they are side by side for lake view?
The family is splitting up into 2 separate groups using 2- 2bedroom Lake View units.
Dedicated or lock-off 2bedrooms? No two dedicated lake-view units are next to each other. There are only six or seven on any given floor, so I'd give it a 50/50 chance of being on the same floor.

Dedicated or lock-off 2bedrooms? No two dedicated lake-view units are next to each other. There are only six or seven on any given floor, so I'd give it a 50/50 chance of being on the same floor.

Since there are "lake-view" rooms on the outside of the curve that are actually side angle MK views, we've had a couple of times now when we traveled with friends who are also DVC owners, and the two 2-BR lake-view rooms were right across the hall from each other. Some (or all) of these may have been lock-offs (I honestly don't remember).

Since there are "lake-view" rooms on the outside of the curve that are actually side angle MK views, we've had a couple of times now when we traveled with friends who are also DVC owners, and the two 2-BR lake-view rooms were right across the hall from each other. Some (or all) of these may have been lock-offs (I honestly don't remember).
For adedicated 2BR, xx02 is across the hall from xx05, and xx41 is across the hall from xx44.

I packed a foam mattress topper that I got for 20 bucks at Target to add to the "comfort" of the sofa bed. I was told the bed was SO much better!!!!

Random question here. My 8 year old has recently gotten super excited about tennis. We’re planned to go March next year so it should be cool enough to play if he wants. Does anyone know if BLT has racquets and balls available for rent/day use?

Hi all! We are checking into BLT one week from today! :) I was just doing our room request and have a question...are there Lake View one bedrooms on the first floor?! You wouldn't think so since you can't actually see the lake from the first floor, but it does seem when I research it that there are three. When we have stayed Lake View previously we were on the 15th. Has anyone had a Lake View on the bottom floor?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter