*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Painting update:

They painted one of our balconies when we there. It looks a lot better, although they were not totally done when we left. One day, they painted all of the walls and the second day they painted the edges of the floor. I suspect that they will paint half the floor at a time because they are not moving the patio furniture out. The painters come down on a rig and hop into the balcony. They seal the doors while the paint dries—they were done each day around 3 or 4 so it didn’t disrupt our use of the balcony. They seem to have at least three teams working so I suspect they will be done pretty quickly.

I will say my big and really only maintenance complaint about BLT is that the balconies are not kept clean and generally look untidy. When we arrived, there were spider webs in the railing and bits of detritus on the ground. I was too lazy to call to complain and have them come clean it up.

Painting update:

They painted one of our balconies when we there. It looks a lot better, although they were not totally done when we left. One day, they painted all of the walls and the second day they painted the edges of the floor. I suspect that they will paint half the floor at a time because they are not moving the patio furniture out. The painters come down on a rig and hop into the balcony. They seal the doors while the paint dries—they were done each day around 3 or 4 so it didn’t disrupt our use of the balcony. They seem to have at least three teams working so I suspect they will be done pretty quickly.

I will say my big and really only maintenance complaint about BLT is that the balconies are not kept clean and generally look untidy. When we arrived, there were spider webs in the railing and bits of detritus on the ground. I was too lazy to call to complain and have them come clean it up.

Thanks for the update. Are they doing it one floor at a time? And which floors are completed.

As to the balconies not being kept clean, I think that is my biggest complaint about all the DVC villas. When the maids come in to clean they should throughly clean the balconies, but they don't. Now I understand that spiders will build webs fast, but when one guests checks out and I enter on the same day there should not be cobwebs and bird droppings all over the balcony.

Are they doing it one floor at a time? And which floors are completed.

They were working vertically, not floor by floor. So for instance they would do all rooms ending in XX16. It wasn't bothersome unless you wanted to use a balcony they were painting during the day time, when most people are out. The balcony was always available by mid- to late-afternoon.

We've been back to reality for more than a week so no idea what current status is!

We own a 100 point contract there, and they all are used at BLT. We bought resale, and I think they are the only points we have that have restrictions. We paid $100 a point maybe, and I worried we overpaid.:rotfl2:

Every time I hear what people paid just a few years ago I kick myself for not looking into DVC when I first heard of it. Seeing what BLT is going for now as opposed to when we bought numbs the pain a little, but not as much as my good friends Bud and Jack.

Just closed on our Bay Lake Tower contract and made our first reservation. We owned at Wilderness Lodge a few years back and I knew the minute I saw them building BLT I knew thats were we would someday own!

Welcome!:welcome: Back!

We also bought at Bay Lake, and love it there.

First Trip to our HOME, BLT....What a great place!! Everything was perfect!! SO glad we chose BLT as our DVC Home! High floor, Lake View, 1Bdrm. Plenty of room for the three of us. Having two bathrooms was amazing! And can I just "ahhhhhhh" at the lobby scent?! Ahhhhhhhhhhh.... Ok. :sunny: Sky Bridge and floor to ceiling views of MK at the elevator became part of our daily joy. Nice to have a few pools to chose from. Never heard noise from neighbors at any time. Used Instacart (Publix) for breakfast foods and met driver outside lobby....easy. (Had to sign for my vino!) AC worked well in villa. Although housekeeping knocked on the door at the stroke of 11am, we were ready so it didn't matter (and we never saw them before that moment). Hint: use the lockers at the CR pool to stash airport clothing so you can swim until your bus arrives. Thank you, DVC, for just being you...we couldn't have done this without you, and BLT did turn out to be the wisest choice for us. :cloud9:

This thread had been quiet for a long time!

I’m a happy owner, but I wish the pool was larger!

We have never had a problem with it being too busy at the pool (only used BLT stays in late fall) but that slide was horrible, looks fun, should be fun, but it was like sliding down a broken coat zipper. 😖

We have never had a problem with it being too busy at the pool (only used BLT stays in late fall) but that slide was horrible, looks fun, should be fun, but it was like sliding down a broken coat zipper. 😖

We’re usually at BLT in the summer, and the pool and pool deck can feel crowded.

The slide is painful! It feels like the seams were put together the wrong way 😝

The first thing I do when I get to the room is call and request an extra blanket for every bed in the villa.

I like to keep the room temperature cool and then have blankets when I sleep. I dislike that the rooms are so slim on bedding, although I understand it reduces waste with regards to laundry.

I've been looking at some packable down blankets on Amazon and I'm considering getting one for travel. They're advertised for camping and pack up quite small.

I have only stayed at my Home Resort a few times. I never had a problem with the pool. I usually use it late early am or late afternoon, but I do take advantage of being part of CR. I have gone over to the CR and used their pool which is a nice size, but I love the Circle Pool by the lake, it’s too cute and usually pretty quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter