• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

We bought 220 points in October while aboard the Wonder.

Absolutely cannot wait to stay there.. We will be there sometime in 2010 as we already have a trip this March (SSR) and a 7 day western cruise in Oct 09.

Count me in!!! 160 points June UY bought last Thursday. Friday I was at the MM at Epcot. Crowded, but fun.

Now if only I could get the darned website to accept my registration info, I'd be a happy mouse!

Howdy neighbors!! :cool1:

Add us to the groupies list! We originally bought into AKV but then canceled because we just knew AKV wasn't for us. Luckily we didn't have to wait too long - we told our guide we'd be back and he was 100% sure we'd be back ;) - BLT was announced not 60 days later and we placed our order before sales to non-members opened up!

We bought 280 points and now that we've gotten our developer points, I think our original plans are going to change. We'll probably take a week at SSR in May with my sister and her family and then just do a long weekend or a 4-day trip over my birthday in November for us only Or maybe take a 5 day trip in December. I think we'll end up banking at least half our points into our next UY, and we might not use all of them the next year since I might not be up for as much travel in 2010. ;)

I'm totally thrilled with our purchase. I love the location and the fact that it's more like a boutique hotel. I love the decor (it's a style I enjoy although I wouldn't want to live in it - it's great to have a taste of it for vacation).

We were at WDW a few weeks ago taking the boat from VWL to MK and my son (who's 7) was looking at BLT as we went past and he turned to me and said "hey, we own a little piece of that?? wow!" :goodvibes

Add us to the BLT groupie list! :banana: :banana: :banana: Never in a million years would have thought we would own DVC, but here we are!!!!
Using our developer pts for 4 nights in a 2BR at SSR in May. Probably won't get to stay at BLT until May of 2010.

I am glad to be joining this post. My wife and I looked at Bay Lake (we dont like BLT) and were hooked. We are signing tomorrow. We are going to try (MARCH 1) to stay 2 nights in a standard room at the end of September before staying at SSR on the Developer Points. I am really excited too!!!!

They just opened a new counter service restaurant a couple of weeks ago. It is located in the same space where the Concourse Steakhouse used to be located. You order on a touch computer screen and then pick up your self serve items and pay for your meal. When you check out, the cashier gives you a pager which goes off when your food is done. We tried the flatbread pizza and thought it was very good.
Thanks! Thats great to know. I am buying on Jan 9th..(gotta pay that college tuition first!). So I'm a groupie now, soon to be an owner!! Anymore info, would be appreciated!:thumbsup2

We have 160 points at BLT and I am so pumped!:banana: Going to try and use out DP next September and stay home at BLT in December!!!!!

We purchased 200 points while at WDW at the end of November. Scheduled to close on Dec. 25th. Currently we are planning for December 2010. Hoping to use DP's in '09 for a trip to HI. I just found out about DVC in October while planning our first trip to WDW. After convincing DW to take the tour, we purchased on the last day of our trip.

We just added on 100 points on Dec 9th. The location is steller and will be a welcome start to our magical vacations every 2 years with the kids. I'm excited to se how the magic kingdom views work out and the viewing platform. My guide said that the platform can hold 400 people max and will probably have no more than 325-350 allowed at one time. He wasn't sure how they are going to handle who is permitted to go up, maybe a possible reservation system he thought. 20% MK views, 70% Lake, 10% Standard views. We are excited and our first trip will be Fall 2010. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know the total number of rooms that will be completed at Bay Lake Tower? Will it be bigger than the number at BWV?

Does anyone know the total number of rooms that will be completed at Bay Lake Tower? Will it be bigger than the number at BWV?

There will be 14 grand (7 MK view and 7 LV from what I've read), 148 dedicated 2-bedrooms and 133 lockoff 2-bedrooms. That 295 rooms with some that can be locked off to create a total of 428 rooms.

So it's a good bit smaller than BWV. (I think BWV has about a 100 more units.)

I looked forward to BLT all the while that it was being built. I sold 100 points at Vero and planned on buying at least 50 points at the new BLT. Long story short, I lost the rest of the money in the stock market.

With those 30 points you may see me in a one bedroom lakeview for two days next January (2010). The rest of the vacation will be at my home resort, OKW.

I think I am as excited at you real BLTer's who have 160 points+. :thumbsup2

We have 250 BLT points. I can't wait to try it out. Hopefully December 2009:)

i am very proud to be a founding member of blt. i purchased 180 pts. and i am thinking about an add-on. i hope to have my first trip home in nov. 2009.:goodvibes

i am very sure that this is the perfect dvc for my family. we are founding members at akv and also own at vwl. we love them also, altho, i am thinking of selling vwl because i have been on a wait list for rooms there for 11 months and have not been able to get in. therefore, my christmas trip will not be at the wilderness lodge as the children wanted. we own 265 pts there but can not get res. they tell me that a lot of the space there can not be used because it is still owned by a reality co. strange!:confused3

i will be in wdw in 9 more days::yes:: pixiedust:

:yay: :yay: :yay: all blt members who did not get developers pts. at the time of purchase. call your dvc guide and ask for the pts. i read on the dish that someone did and got the pts. i just did the same thing and got developer pts. also. my guide said that she can give them to you but she can only do it if you call and ask for them. she is not allowed to notify you. guide she or he!:yay: call your guide today.

i called initially to ask about the perks that dl is giving if you purchase thru them or from them but was told that those perks only apply if you are at dl and purchase while you are there. that perk was for free premium aps. wow, that would be great. maybe i will use my dps to go to california and buy my add-on while there!!:idea:

Joining in.
When we were signing the papers DH mentioned to our guide would there be another tower on the other side of Contempory and the reply was you never know.
Also, I still didn't get my post card about what I want on the tile.
Did anyone not get there's yet? I called my guide and he still hasn't called back.

All I want for Christmas is my BLT:lmao:

This is the only thing I've REALLY wanted for years, and although I didn't get it as a Christmas present, I will wake up on Christmas morning with the biggest smile on my face:goodvibes I am so super thrilled owning BLT, and I feel very blessed to be fortunate enough to own my dream:worship:

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas Neighbors!:hug:

Count me in!!
I added 100 BLT points to my AKV points. Hoping to go to my second home in November 2009.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter