Batuuan Spira Gift Card Coin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased one on Monday night from Droid Depot. They are not out, they are kept in a drawer at the register and you have to ask for them. I'm so glad I got one. It's a cool souvenir that from what people say, won't be around forever.

I purchased one on Monday night from Droid Depot. They are not out, they are kept in a drawer at the register and you have to ask for them. I'm so glad I got one. It's a cool souvenir that from what people say, won't be around forever.

I am guessing they are no longer sold at the various merchandise stands in GE as that is where I found mine......

I am guessing they are no longer sold at the various merchandise stands in GE as that is where I found mine......

I'm not sure. I went to DD to get mine just because so many people here had mentioned that's where they got theirs.

I asked a friend of mine to look for one of these a couple of weeks ago, today he found one. I had pointed him to Droid Depot, but not sure where he actually got it. But they are at least still available somewhere. :thumbsup2

I've got a $200 gift card as part of the vacation package we got from Disney - can this be loaded onto a Spira Gift Card Coin?

CM are being told not to take the card out of the envelope to not damage the envelope, as guests might want to preserve it as intact as possible. There's a small window at the bottom in the back, and that's where they scan it
View attachment 428521

^^ that

In addition, you can also scratch off the white part in the back and transfer it to a standard Disney gift card.

^^ that

In addition, you can also scratch off the white part in the back and transfer it to a standard Disney gift card.

Why???

The fun with the Spira is the uniqueness of the card/coin. I LOVED handing this out when paying for my items outside of GE and the looks I got from the unknowing CM's and people asking what it is and or where I got it. Plus most of the coin is covered by the envelope so you will never see the beauty of the coin...???:confused3

Why???

The fun with the Spira is the uniqueness of the card/coin. I LOVED handing this out when paying for my items outside of GE and the looks I got from the unknowing CM's and people asking what it is and or where I got it. Plus most of the coin is covered by the envelope so you will never see the beauty of the coin...???:confused3
"mint in box" sort of situation. The envelope is not that sturdy and taking the card in and out can have it rip

Can someone refresh my memory on where I can get the Spira Coin? I can't seem to recall, and having difficulty finding it in various threads. Hoping they are still available when I go next week :)

Are these in park purchases only? I’d like to order one before I get to the park and are they reloadable?
Correct - only sold in SWGE and depending upon the Batuaan in the shop, you may be limited to 2 @ $100 each.

Reloadable via Disneygiftcard.com or at any Disney register.

Can someone refresh my memory on where I can get the Spira Coin? I can't seem to recall, and having difficulty finding it in various threads. Hoping they are still available when I go next week :)

Just back, and 'Apollo was right; the Droid shop is the only place it is available right now, I had to ask and was sent there. It was neat to pay for things other places in WDW with it, and it got a lot of comments.

Just back, and 'Apollo was right; the Droid shop is the only place it is available right now, I had to ask and was sent there. It was neat to pay for things other places in WDW with it, and it got a lot of comments.

I loved the look as I was presenting the coin as some asked what it was........

Are there rumors that these are going to disappear? Or do you think we're still running into it being new and therefore selling out immediately? I don't get to go until next October and I'd hate to miss out. Really hoping they keep these around for a while!

Hope they still have stock next month. If the CM is unfamiliar when we use it and asks me what it is, I'll act just as confused and say it's a bitcoin I got in Galaxy's Edge.

How are they reselling them on eBay? Wouldn't they have to buy them loaded with $100 on it? Do people use up that money, then sell the coin on eBay? They can't just transfer that $100, right, or else they'd have the code on the back and the coin would be useless except as a souvenir. I wouldn't buy anything "gift card" on eBay!

Like this one sounds like a complete scam: https://www.ebay.com/i/233322113410...FAVnHZrKFCVqGb8B1SbDt09QwO8Jc_H0aAgkVEALw_wcB

How are they reselling them on eBay? Wouldn't they have to buy them loaded with $100 on it? Do people use up that money, then sell the coin on eBay? They can't just transfer that $100, right, or else they'd have the code on the back and the coin would be useless except as a souvenir. I wouldn't buy anything "gift card" on eBay!

Like this one sounds like a complete scam: https://www.ebay.com/i/233322113410...FAVnHZrKFCVqGb8B1SbDt09QwO8Jc_H0aAgkVEALw_wcB
I bought one on ebay from a Disneyland guest (with no value as stated on the auction page) for about $20. last August for our Sept trip and gave it to my husband as a surprise.. I reloaded it on Disney gift card..com before I gave it to him to use in the parks and then keep as a souvenir. He loved it, It worked fine... I was just unsure if we could buy one in GE as our trip was 3 weeks after GE opened and I read that they were running out in the stores in the first hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter