Batuuan Spira Gift Card Coin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you purchase one of these using another Disney giftcard? I already have a bunch purchased for an upcoming trip, all at a discount (Sams and BJs when running extra Discover cashback). I'm guessing not, but worth asking.

Can you purchase one of these using another Disney giftcard? I already have a bunch purchased for an upcoming trip, all at a discount (Sams and BJs when running extra Discover cashback). I'm guessing not, but worth asking.
I really have no idea except from being a CM many moons ago... you couldn’t use gift cards to purchase gift cards. Think they list that as an exclusion on the back of the gc or in the ToS

Word on the street (ok, the dis) is that DL stopped carrying them. One person reported not noticing any at HS today.

Word on the street (ok, the dis) is that DL stopped carrying them. One person reported not noticing any at HS today.

I hope this is just a temporary thing. I was really hoping to get one on my trip. Get as close to paying with "credits" as much as possible. XD

You cannot use a gift card to purchase another gift card.

We were able to purchase one at the Launching Bay but I don’t know if it’s still there. They were behind counter on a shelf and I had to ask for it.

I was not able too on opening day BUT I was able, after the initial purchase of the $100 minimum, ADD the other gift card balances to my Spira coin/card. I used it as my primary giftcard during our stay in WDW, what a great card!

Plenty were available in WDW/HS at the Droid Depot around park closing on 9/14! Worked everywhere we tried to use it without a hassle, including several EPCOT Food & Wine kiosks.

Plenty were available in WDW/HS at the Droid Depot around park closing on 9/14! Worked everywhere we tried to use it without a hassle, including several EPCOT Food & Wine kiosks.
YESS!! Thank you for your report! I will be there on Friday!! Fingers crossed everything goes well and I will get to bring one home with us!

Hoping to get one next week but now I’m considering buying one from eBay
If you are just purchasing it as a souvenir, I don't see an issue. But if you wanted to actually use it, then caution is in order.

You have no way to know if the seller has the gift card number stored on their DisneyGiftCard.com account. If they do, they could easily transfer money off your card once you've paid them for it.

Unless the seller guarantees they haven’t revealed the number on the back. You do have to scratch the stuff off to get to the gift card number to add it online.

If you are just purchasing it as a souvenir, I don't see an issue. But if you wanted to actually use it, then caution is in order.

You have no way to know if the seller has the gift card number stored on their DisneyGiftCard.com account. If they do, they could easily transfer money off your card once you've paid them for it.
Ugh. I didn't think of this :(. I ordered two off of ebay because it is part of a surprise for my kids. So to be clear, if the number isn't scratched off, I am okay but if the number is scratched off then I need to be concerned about their disneygiftcard account? I haven't received them yet but they are already shipped. They are labeled as "new" so maybe that means it wasn't scratched off yet.

Ugh. I didn't think of this :(. I ordered two off of ebay because it is part of a surprise for my kids. So to be clear, if the number isn't scratched off, I am okay but if the number is scratched off then I need to be concerned about their disneygiftcard account? I haven't received them yet but they are already shipped. They are labeled as "new" so maybe that means it wasn't scratched off yet.

Correct. If the number and pin are revealed on the back I would not add any funds to it as the seller can transfer them to a different card.

Just like the regular gift cards, the coin has a squiggly line on the back that is the scratch off portion. As long as those numbers are not scratched off you are good to go. Funny as I see pictures of people placing their thumb over the coin numbers and those are the same, at least they were on my two. Also make sure the scan box is not damaged or scratched as that is how the coin is scanned. I have seen plenty on Ebay that has the squiggly lines on the back, if they are "new" you should be GTG.......good luck!

Just want to update! We were there on Saturday 09/22 and purchased our Spira from the droid depot. The cast member said that there are plenty available and from the looks of it, this is not something Disney is advertising so no everyone is aware of these gems. We purchased two, one for me and one for my mother in law.

Just want to update! We were there on Saturday 09/22 and purchased our Spira from the droid depot. The cast member said that there are plenty available and from the looks of it, this is not something Disney is advertising so no everyone is aware of these gems. We purchased two, one for me and one for my mother in law.

Cool was going to ask and see if they were still there as I heard all kinds of rumors of them being a special limited run, etc......seems like they will be around for awhile, good to know as they are the coolest gift card available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!