Battery charger for the parks?

Maybe, maybe not but better safe then sorry so carry at least a small one. I have an older google one plus and usually don't need to charge it in the parks but still either carry a small lipstick (think fuel rod but generic) charger or a bigger brick one at all times. It just depends on if I'm carrying a bag or not as to which one I take. The brick charges faster but the lipstick fits in a woman's pockets. I usually go back to the resort for a break at some point during the day so I just stick my phone on fast charge cord then. If I'm in a longer lines and reading my kindle on my phone, it will drain the battery. I don't do Genie+ so am not on MDE that often.

Another option since you have a new phone OP is to wait and see how it goes. If you’re in the parks and you need one you can easily pick up a Fuel Rod when you’re there.

Yes, but we just like the security blanket of having it.

We always take two batteries along with the cords for our phone, Apple Watch & Magic Band. Every time we sit down to eat, the watch & MB get charged and the phone afterwards if needed. We have it down to a science - LOL :thumbsup2

Depending on charge rate and the SOC of the battery, a cable may do the job at EPCOT with the new spine outlets. Those outlets (USB and plugs) are quite nice and usually next to a nice chair.

1706368902819.png

I have a brand new Galaxy 23 plus. Do you think I will need to take a battery charger to the parks?
Possibly if you are in the parks from open to close, otherwise no especially if you go back to the resort. The 23 plus charges quickly. I have yet to drain the battery in my 23 plus in one day even in Disney with lots of group texting. At home I almost always have over 50% at the end of the day even with heavy use. We don't do open to close though and go back to the resort in the afternoon and will top it off be sure I have enough battery for the evening even though it wasn't really necessary. Since I don't like to carry stuff in the parks I would just get a fuel rod if needed since they are plentiful in the parks.

It depends on if you take a mid afternoon break back at your resort. If you do, I wouldn't think you need to carry a charger. If you don't, I would think you would want to take a charger. I think the fuel rods are a rip off. I got a much more powerful charger at Marshalls for under $10 that is fantastic.

I would highly recommend one of the "portable charger with built in cables" sold by Amazon. Specifically, I would look for one that displays the battery life of the charger, that can plug directly into the wall to recharge it, and that has a usb/usbc slot for charging a magic band+. I really love that the built in cables reduces how annoying it is to need to have a cable for each device (and remember to pack it). My husband is an android user and I have an iphone and we can charge both of our devices at the same time. While fuel rods are great if you are going somewhere that has them, purchasing a charger like the one I mentioned will give you more options while you are traveling elsewhere. For example, if your flight got delayed and you spend way more time at the airport than you intended. Instead of needing to keep your block/cable handy for each device, you can just keep the one portable charger handy.

The ones I swear by are by MyCharge...I got mine at Costco. It charges at a normal outlet (has a retractable plug that flips down). Has built in lightning and C cords. I keep one of these in my bag all the time at home too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter