Banking & Borrowing question

catiesmom

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this has been asked but I've spent 30 minutes searching and no luck so far so my apologies for a duplicate question and thanks for your patience :)

OK, the 50% restriction...If I own 200 points, can I bank 100 points (50%) and borrow 100 points (50%) to then make a 400 point reservation? Or am I limited to a total of 100 banked and borrowed points on my 200 point contract? So I could only make a 300 point reservation? Hopefully this question makes sense!

Also if you own an odd number of points, does DVC round up or down when calculating 50%? Would 50% of a 105-point contract be 52 or 53 points?

Thanks so much. Trying to get some 2021 planning done.

You can bank 100 to your next UY and then borrow 100 from the one after that to make 400 points. So if you have a December UY, you can bank 100 of your December 2020 points to December 2021 (where you have 200 points) and then borrow 100 of your December 2022 points to make a 400 point reservation between 12/1/2021 and 11/30/2022. Not sure if that makes sense but hope it helps!

I have no idea about the rounding.

Thanks! So there's no restriction on banked points? Only borrowed? That would make me super happy :)

Not the OP but the have a quick question. If I was using my 88 borrowed points, but need 90, could I purchase the extra 2?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter