Bang for your Buck Snacks

There are several loaded mac & cheese/tater tot options that would work as a hearty shareable snack if there are enough people in your group like the components and don't mind things touching. Pretzels, waffles and baguettes were easy to split. If you are going when temps are lower, the refillable popcorn bucket can be a good value if you are taking a longer trip. Also, don't forget you can bring in your own snacks.
Here to second the M&C. We do this often and ask for the serving to be split into two bowls. It's never a problem and the divided servings are always a good size.

Okay this could be a meal or a snack but the best value I have ever found for a family is the whole pizza at one of the value resorts food court. For $20 you get a whole cheese pizza (8 good size slices) so if you consider each slice a snack that is only $2.50 per snack. Considering the average snack at Disney is around $7-$8 dollars you could not do better than that or, as previously mentioned, if you expense yourself for the popcorn bucket and then get $2.25 refills.

P.S. The new Trails End quick service at Fort Wilderness also serves whole pizzas same cost as above and is a nice relaxing boat ride from Magic Kingdom so easy to do for lunch or dinner.
Such a great idea!

The cheeseburger bao buns at Satu'li Canteen are also easy to share. You get 2 buns and sides, easy to split.
Someone mentioned kid's meals, so I'll tell you that Satu'li Canteen also has a kids meal that has one bun and sides. You can also get a smaller version of the bowls. However, the bowls don't give you as many choices for the base, most noticeably to me, they don't offer the sweet potato base, which is my favorite, so I've never had the kid's portion of the bowl, so I can't compare size. But the cheeseburger pod kid's meal is good.

I know this probably doesn't help the original poster as it's so specific, but I just had to share this little hack we discovered on our most recent trip. We were staying at Coronado and did Three Bridges To-Go a few times. There's a kid's hummus and a kid's salad on the menu for $3 each. They were both substantial in size. The hummus (which we ordered 3 times, so I know it's consistent) was easily a small lunch for an adult, same preparation as the $12 one on the app menu, just with naan and carrots instead of naan and crackers. The salad was about half the size of the adult entree salad - it just didn't have the feta or chicken. When combining the two, it was a delicious, full meal for $6. Best bang for buck on our whole trip.

I just saw a vlogger who posted a meal at Pepe the quick service at Jaleo and the sandwiches were big and high quality and seemed very reasonable although I don’t remember the price but I did put in my Disney notes to go there next visit

I thought of another since you're looking for some savory- the chips and guacamole at La Cantina de San Angel is a big serving.

Sticking with Sleepy Hollow for savory my go to on any trip is the chicken and waffles. Now I will say it used to be better years ago, they definitely changed some things up but it's still very delicious and a huge serving and cheap enough for a QS right next to the castle!

Consider the meals too. Either kids meal or splitting. Many of the QS meals are plenty big enough for two people. You could also grab 1-2 meals to split as a snack.

We love the pork egg rolls from Joy of Tea at Epcot - near entrance to the China pavilion. You get two full-sized egg rolls for $4.95. You can also get a full baguette at Les Halles for $3.50 (last time I was there, not sure if it’s still that cheap). The Yak and Yeti quick service at AK has a very large portion of fried rice for right around $6.00. Kids meals are general large enough for an adult.

Gastons’s in MK - Warm cinnamon roll is huge. I’d bet 2 is plenty for 2adult/3kids.

Friar’s Nook also in MK -
0595AFD2-AD74-4D35-A742-624B494E16F5.jpeg
^That’s lunch/dinner. Breakfast doesn’t have kid’s meals but Sausage Gravy Tots are very sharable-
EEB1F9E4-913C-45E5-A59B-7BA23E09B3A3.jpeg

Les Halles is tucked in the back of France Pavillion Epcot, these get mentioned often for value:
D0E4B2E0-5382-4639-A63E-F908B3946D78.jpeg
68F09D22-E254-449F-A50C-BABA2359CF9C.jpeg
5CD6115C-39BE-41E1-B3D5-94AB8FC4580D.jpeg
4303D2D2-C428-4013-886C-6E439CA8EAAE.jpeg
CC817D7D-3117-4AF6-9CF6-ED849D000FEE.jpeg
291BCEA3-D560-4733-9C33-2DD5AB937521.jpeg
The Epcot festival food carts used to always have several really interesting and sizable plates each event. Seems to be less each year but worth looking at reviews for your event.

Flavors from the Fire arrived a few years ago and continues to keep a favorite on the menu: Smoked Corned Beef with House-made Potato Chips, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions and Beer-Cheese Fondue.
It’s around $6 and is quite a snack for 2ppl.
A526E6A4-0158-4C11-9507-C7CCCCE3538E.jpeg
(Credit disneytouristblog photo)

lavors from the Fire arrived a few years ago and continues to keep a favorite on the menu: Smoked Corned Beef with House-made Potato Chips, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions and Beer-Cheese Fondue.
It’s around $6 and is quite a snack for 2ppl.
A526E6A4-0158-4C11-9507-C7CCCCE3538E.jpeg
This gives me pulled pork nachos from Capt. Cook's vibes! Honestly one of the best bang for your buck, tastiest, very satisfying items anywhere on property.

DH and I keep going back each trip and sharing HS ABC Commissary

Mediterranean Salad with Chicken​

Marinated Chicken served over Mixed Greens with Tomatoes, Cucumber, Pepperoncini, Kalamata Olives, and Feta tossed in a Mediterranean Vinaigrette served with Hummus and Grilled Flatbread $12.29
View attachment 796163

Arugula-Farro Salad​

Arugula, Farro, Granny Smith Apples, Dried Cranberries, Plant-based Parmesan, and Pecans tossed in a Dijon Vinaigrette $3.79

Easy location that side of the park. Mobile order and usually ready as you walk over. Easy to find a clean table, great AC and quiet restroom… enjoyable and great fuel! These 2 are substantial in amount of food, and the side of French Fries is good quality and portion too. It’s become a go-to for being super quick and refreshing. Real food! Lol.
That Mediterranean Salad sounds and looks delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter