Bands shipped today- yay! Anything left to do at HS?

Fizban

DIS Veteran
Wondering if we should just skip this park entirely this time. Thoughts? I do like a couple places to eat and the citizens but otherwise I think it died as a park.

We're planning just a few hours there one evening. If it weren't for ToT and TSMM, we'd skip it altogether, but those are two of our favorite rides.

Our to-do list now includes:

Muppets
Great Movie Ride
One Man's Dream
ToT (me and the boys, DH rides RnR single rider at the same time!)
TSMM

That's about it! No interest in seeing Indy or car show again. No interest in anything Frozen. Teenage boys can easily skip Little Mermaid and Beauty & The Beast. Can't do Star Tours due to motion sickness. What else is there? It's actually pretty sad. I'd like to see them just shut the park down altogether for a period of time--they'd be able to make the changes, get the work done MUCH faster and then reopen with a full park to enjoy.

This just goes to show everyone is different :) Our family loves Hollywood Studios! It's our favorite next to Magic Kingdom. Last trip we did each of the parks and on the last day we asked the kids which park they wanted to return to for our last day and they all wanted to go back to HS. We love the Lights Motors Action and Indiana Jones shows, as well as Beauty and the Beast. TOT, Rock N Roller Coaster, Jedi Training, Star Tours, Fantasmic!, Disney Jr live, Toy Story Mania, the list goes on for us. We would never skip this park. :)

We went last month and stayed open-close. Our day went like this; RnR, TOT, Star Tours, Frozen processional, Indiana Jones, Frozen sing along, Lights Motor Action, Toy Story Mania, Sci-Fi meal, Beauty & the Beast, Muppets 3D, the Great Movie Ride, Frozen fireworks and Fantasmic with some shopping time in there too. We had a really enjoyable day!

It's our go-to park. RnRc, ToT, Star Tours, TSMM, and fireworks while they got em. If you like rides and shows, there is enough to keep you busy for a day.

I'm a 31 year old solo traveler in 3 weeks and I plan on dedicated maybe a few hours here for Star Tours and Great Movie Ride and to walk to park and shops. I don't do RRC nor ToT nor shows...

I think I spent 3 hrs here last trip

We were just there on Tuesday and stayed most of the day. Rnr was broken down everyone my kids tried it. We went back yesterday morning so they could ride it and it broke down again! With the frozen stuff, our day was pretty full.

I feel like the recent closings of certain park attractions such a The Backlot Tour and Animation Academy have opened up a lot of conversation of people saying that there is nothing to do at Hollywood Studios, which baffles me.

On our full day at DHS we would go to:
Rock N Roller Coaster(multiple times)
Tower of Terror(multiple times)
Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Mania
Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre
Indiana Jones Show
Star Tours
Muppets 3-D
Lights, Motors, Actions
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe
Fantasmics

I don't know how fast people "tour" but this takes up a whole day for us.

Now if we wanted we could throw in Beauty and the Beast Shows, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Disney Junior Stage Show and Frozen Fever show. Also, I know we are not the only ones that enjoys strolling down Sunset Boulevard looking in the shops and watching or interacting with the citizens!

I don't think the park is "dead", I believe people have become, as RNR's Aerosmith would say "Hey, J-j-jaded".

DHS has always been our family's favorite, so I may be bias, but I think you would be missing out on some big time fun if you skipped DHS!

I don't understand why I keep hearing that HS has gone down hill and I just saw an article about how they are struggling and a lot of things are closed. I didn't feel that way at all!! We love that park and the only thing that was closed was the Backlot Tour and Animation Academy. I was just there with my BFF over a long weekend and my family for a week and I went to the park a total of 4 times over 11 days. We find so much to do there and really enjoy it. I can't think of one thing that we didn't do in that park between our various visits there. It is definitely not a park that we miss. If we have to leave any park out it is AK for sure.

Judging by the crowds for the past few months on Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Bld, don't believe for one moment that this park is "dead". It is very much alive and well. And the crowds didn't really diminish much from SWW. (Altho the traffic leaving after had been slightly better than SWW. But the waits have been almost as busy!)

There's still enough to do a day at the park if you look for it, but a lot of the stuff is now closed or closing. :( Used to be our favorite park, with the drawing class, characters, Citizens, and such, but we aren't big thrill ride people, and it's hard to see us spending more than MAYBE two half-days there now... :(

I guess there's still plenty to do, but FOR US there's not a whole lot that holds interest. I have teenage boys. Don't think anything Frozen, Beauty & The Beast, or Little Mermaid holds much interest at all. Have seen Lights, Motor, Action several times already--just don't feel like sitting in the super-hot sun to watch the same show again. None of us do. Indiana Jones is fine--if we see it, we see it; if we don't, we don't. Star Tours would be fine, except for the motion sickness.

I think if you have very young kids or girls, maybe there's much more to do. For our family, there's not much left!

We used to love Backlot Tour. We were looking forward to trying Animation Academy this time around. Can't do either of those! Glad we'll get to see One Man's Dream once more before that closes too! I mean even taking our picture in front of the Sorcerer Hat like we have done on every other trip won't happen! We do love Fantasmic, but will actually take advantage of hopefully shorter lines during the show this year!

We we'll spend one evening there. That's it. Makes me sad....

This just goes to show everyone is different :) Our family loves Hollywood Studios! It's our favorite next to Magic Kingdom. Last trip we did each of the parks and on the last day we asked the kids which park they wanted to return to for our last day and they all wanted to go back to HS. We love the Lights Motors Action and Indiana Jones shows, as well as Beauty and the Beast. TOT, Rock N Roller Coaster, Jedi Training, Star Tours, Fantasmic!, Disney Jr live, Toy Story Mania, the list goes on for us. We would never skip this park. :)

The same with my family! On our last trip we did only MK and DHS! We don't do Indy, Cars, or Star Tours but we do everything else. People are forgetting the Playground! We could spend hours in just the playground!!

Yes! I forgot the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground! My kids spent an hour or so in there. Also we love to eat at 50's Primetime & Sci-Fi.

We go for ToT, RNRC, TSMM and the Frozen Fireworks if they are having them (they are awesome). We RD TSMM and eat breakfast, catch a show or a FP and then go rest for a bit. We come back in the evening for the rest of our FP and the fireworks (when they have them).

Our only must do is Star Tours so we don't go any more. I like the citizens too and hopefully they'll survive all of this.

A lot of other attractions are fine but after you've done them a zillion times they can get old.

There's some food places, we're going to be on annual passes and we're there long enough that it won't take away from anything else to stop in. There is enough rides we like that it's worth our time even if it's only half a day. Some of our favorite food places are also there so we could easily make a full day out of the place.

There is so much closed or about to close that i'm not sure I would go in on a normal ticket anymore, especially later this year when the next batch of just announce things are gone.

We skip it currently due to all the closures, doesn't really feel worth it to use a day of our tickets there currently. 4 things have closed in the past year, just 1 w/ replacement

Last edited:
We only have planned a half day there but usually that is all it has ever got from us as far back as I can remember. I probably could fill up a full day and have a nice time but ehh there is other things that rank higher for us.

Apologies for changing the topic (sort of) but for those of you who have been a part of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, how do you get to be a volunteer? I feel like I want to do this before Disney closes this attraction. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter