Ban Wagon - 2010

I ordered 4 new cricut cartridges today! Found myself at custom crops - only recently discovered it - and they were having a sale. Joann has them on sale too but they are more there with worse selection!!

On the flip side, I have used up 4 balls of yarn on 3 pair of slippers (2 for next Christmas, 1 for my husband who tried them on to help me size and then wouldn't take them off - haha). Planning on using up 3 more balls on 2 more pair - and they are biggish balls so that helps whittle down the stash a little! :cool1:

Since I am trying to destash yarn (takes up a LOT of space) and newish to paper crafting, I'm going to call this a fair trade!

Rita,

I'll start with my 3 questions, this will help get you started.

Will you use it before the end of the month?

Will you use them (reusable, more expensive items) more then once in the next 6 months?

Ae you willing to sacrifice another purchase for this one?

If you answer all 3 questions with yes, then you may buy it.

But remember, if you spend $0 you save 100%. Free isn't always free.

We never count spending money on prints because you need them to scrap. I don't count cardstock either because everyone uses it to scrap but you really really need to try to buy it on sale and don't buy it cause it's pretty. You must have a need for it.
some people count swaps in the ban, try to use what you have but if you need then go ahead. Just try to buy things on sale.

You guys have really good sales at your Michaels!!! Maybe my Michaels would have those sales if we had any of that stuff left. I think we only have a couple of MS punches left and no primas or rhinestone words on clearance.

But, I was a very good girl today. I was moved to the sales floor today and will only be cashier as a backup. I'm very happy!!!! Anyway, I spent most of my day in the scrapbook section restocking. It was such fun and there are a lot of stickers and other goodies that I've never noticed before and lots of things I wanted to buy. But, I was good and clocked out and didn't buy a thing!!!! I think the manager was a bit disappointed as he loves to see me shopping in there!:confused3

I ordered 4 new cricut cartridges today! Found myself at custom crops - only recently discovered it - and they were having a sale. Joann has them on sale too but they are more there with worse selection!!

On the flip side, I have used up 4 balls of yarn on 3 pair of slippers (2 for next Christmas, 1 for my husband who tried them on to help me size and then wouldn't take them off - haha). Planning on using up 3 more balls on 2 more pair - and they are biggish balls so that helps whittle down the stash a little! :cool1:

Since I am trying to destash yarn (takes up a LOT of space) and newish to paper crafting, I'm going to call this a fair trade!

Keep on top of Custom Crops, they are known for not sending things out in a timely fashion.

Yay on the yarn!! I tried to knit last night and I forgot how! Duh!

Keep on top of Custom Crops, they are known for not sending things out in a timely fashion.

Yay on the yarn!! I tried to knit last night and I forgot how! Duh!

Thanks for the heads up. I hope I don't have a problem with Custom Crops. I read about them on a few different message boards and ppl seemed to like them - great!

It's hot and cold. some people love them, others hate them. From what I've read there are only 2 people running the business, maybe out of their house. And sometimes they get a little overwhelmed with orders. I've never ordered from them so I don't know how much stock to put in it.

Keep us posted on your order!

You know, those gem words just might be perfect for the sketch swap. :thumbsup2

If you join the swap, you can buy as many as you like so you have enough to choice from later. Take a chance. :thumbsup2

That is how I'm supposed to use my word. Right Buffy?

Tiffany, are the slippers easy to knit? I used to do a lot but when my carpal tunnel got bad I couldn't any more:sad2: But if they're easy I could maybe do some while watching TV instead fo finishing up the Christmas biscuits and chocs :blush: I bet I have some yarn somewhere!

The rhinestone words were $0.20. I picked up "believe" and "Wishes" to use. 4 of each. Less than $2.00. :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1 Also surrendered my JoAnn's circular to get Pagoda for $39.99.

I almost fell off the wagon at j's today. but then i remember that Buffy had glued my butt so tight I could hardly drag my feet. All I left with were some clearance studio g stamps for .50 and some glitter glue for E (he loves him some glitter glue). I bought myself $3 worth of clear stamps and walked past the paper sale repeating I have to much I have to much.

Okay, so you're all awful. After reading this thread, I had to go to the grocery store today. Well, Michael's is on the same road (5 miles away in the opposite direction, but on the same road!). I picked up the Martha rings and scalloped/dot sets for $5 each, and an EK Success scroll border punch for $4. It's not too bad because we're halfway through the month and this is the first money I've spent. I have $11 left in my budget for January. I'm hoping to not go out again and roll that into February. Let's see how that goes.

I fell off the wagon with a HUGE thud today. I went to the Michael's that is closing - they don't want to bring all the stuff they have there to the new store, so everything on clearance is 50% off the clearance price. You should have seen the people's baskets full of stuff...So, they called an Assistant Manager out to help, and he waited on me. The Martha stuff was on sale for 30% off, so I was weak and put a bunch of the punches in my basket...but, when he rang everything up, he took an extra 50% off the 30% off price AND, the clearance ones rang up 30% off the marked price - and then 50% off that! I cannot believe what I got for so little money! On a good note, it was found money (from my bonus) and I paid cash.

I will try to do better for the rest of the month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter