Bama Ed's 2015 WDW Marathon Weekend Trip Report. ADDED-FT DESOTO UPDATE

Thanks again for the great pictures and detailed report! Enjoyed very much following along! Glad you had safe travels and a successful first trip to Fort for the Expedition. Now it's time for :laundy: I guess....

Great job as usual Ed :worship:

Bummed about no squirrel pics, but it was a short and busy trip so everybody can't have everything.

Glad you guys have had a safe trip so far and it sounded like everything with the new rig worked out pretty well. Was talking to SouthAlabama5er about a trip down to Gulf State Park in June for at least 7-9 days. Haven't set a date yet. If you are free, you and Mrs. BamaEd can come visit / stay a few days with us.

Yea great trip report Bama Ed,

If I'm ever down that way I will check into that campground. I wanna do a Key West trip with the camper, some time in the next few years. Yea Gulf State Park sounds good in June. Yall should join us and bring a little bit of the Fort to the Coast.

Bama Ed:

Thanks so much....we have six nights reserved at Fort Desoto in the spring and your report was just what I needed.

Bama Ed:

Thanks so much....we have six nights reserved at Fort Desoto in the spring and your report was just what I needed.

JanL,

I think you will enjoy it then. It will be very relaxing. Have a sand plan and a mosquito plan (a screen room, big gentle fan, etc.) and it will be a great time.

Great job as usual Ed :worship:

Bummed about no squirrel pics, but it was a short and busy trip so everybody can't have everything.

Glad you guys have had a safe trip so far and it sounded like everything with the new rig worked out pretty well. Was talking to SouthAlabama5er about a trip down to Gulf State Park in June for at least 7-9 days. Haven't set a date yet. If you are free, you and Mrs. BamaEd can come visit / stay a few days with us.

tiggerdad, honestly I saw more turkeys than I did squirrels this trip.

June is tough, mate. Schedules are already made out that far in advance. The early part of the month has possibilities of a sort but I have an plans in motion for a "hellofalotof" fun and adventure in June. And it might be Disney-related. Plus there is DW. She's a "Holiday Inn Hotel" kind of camper.

Yea great trip report Bama Ed,

If I'm ever down that way I will check into that campground. I wanna do a Key West trip with the camper, some time in the next few years. Yea Gulf State Park sounds good in June. Yall should join us and bring a little bit of the Fort to the Coast.

5er, I did a trip to Key West in 2011 and stopped at the Fort for one night both coming and going. Here is that trip report. Let me know if I can help. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2682601

Bama Ed

She's a "Holiday Inn Hotel" kind of camper.
That's funny and nails my DW perfectly. She says she doesn't go camping unless there is A/C, satellite, a microwave and a WalMart within 30 minutes.

Good news is the Fort fits the ticket.

j

Thanks Bama Ed, I enjoyed that KW trip report. I have read up on Boyds and the only thing I worry about is my 5er is 43 feet long and it my be too big, I think when we go I'm gonna see if I can borrow my parents 27 ft 5er.

Really enjoyed your trip report bama_ed. Thanks.
Its my daughter's and mine hope to do the Princess Marathon together one of these years!

My husband and I stayed in Site 42 a few years back - you brought back the memories of good times. Thank you.

My husband and I stayed in Site 42 a few years back - you brought back the memories of good times. Thank you.

That is so cool. It looks like a nice, relaxing place, ralphie.

Bama Ed

. . . tiggerdad, honestly I saw more turkeys than I did squirrels this trip . . .

There WERE a lot of folks camping, weren't there?
:cool1:

PS - Whew! Had a busy morning. I did one wedding and two vow renewals at The Fort before Noon. Luckily, the
weather warmed up so nicely versus the cold of the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter