Ballast Point

We've pretty much decided not to do dinner here our first night. I don't want to hassle with not knowing if they will accept our reservation, and if not I don't want to wait. So we'll go stake out a spot at Trader Sam's pretty early and just enjoy our evening there.

We decided not to do dinner here either. Too many mixed reviews and too hard to get clear answers. We'll wait a few months to see if things calm down and even out. Liking the no TVs thing, though.

I'll try to report back tomorrow. My wife and I have reservations through Open Table for tomorrow night and again on Sunday late afternoon (Victory at Sea is my wife's favorite). I received a confirmation email from Open Table today for tomorrow's reservation which I confirmed. Hopefully there will be no problems.

Just finished at Ballast Point. The reservation worked perfectly and is highly recommend. Service was a little slow but food and beer was very good. They do give an AP discount on food.

They not only gave us an AP discount on our food but ALSO OUR ALCOHOL. That may have been a mistake/temporary thing? OR maybe that's just how they will roll at Ballast Point. Anyone else notice this?
Whoa! Lucky you! I hope this is a thing and not a mistake :)

We were there 2/1, had a reservation and that part went very well. There was an unannounced change in server that happened right after we were seated and I don't think she was told to take over our table. We were unaware of the change either so sat and sat waiting.

Food was ehhhhhh, burger cooked very well but not seasoned at all. We were told no AP discount so that must have been a recent change. At this point, we won't go back.

Has anyone had any experience adding someone to their reservation? We have the opportunity to meet up with an old friend, adding one to our party of 4 next week. I can’t adjust it in open table so just wondering if anyone has done this. By calling? Or just showing up and asking? Thanks for any info!

Has anyone had any experience adding someone to their reservation? We have the opportunity to meet up with an old friend, adding one to our party of 4 next week. I can’t adjust it in open table so just wondering if anyone has done this. By calling? Or just showing up and asking? Thanks for any info!

Surprised to here people saying no more res. We went Feb 1st with a res, and the host told us reservations are the best option available.

We did this though! Had an extra person. Host complained a little, explained that the problem is we only reserved two tables and 5 people need to reserve 3 because of fire code and their manager doesn't like it and they get in trouble-blah.
But they pulled up an extra chair and it was fine ‍♀️

Surprised to here people saying no more res. We went Feb 1st with a res, and the host told us reservations are the best option available.

We did this though! Had an extra person. Host complained a little, explained that the problem is we only reserved two tables and 5 people need to reserve 3 because of fire code and their manager doesn't like it and they get in trouble-blah.
But they pulled up an extra chair and it was fine ‍♀️
Oh good, thanks for the info. We'll be extra nice and hope for the best!

We had no trouble adding a friend to our reservation! We were seated at a larger table in the back and just had to wait a couple minutes for them to set it up. Soooo glad to have a reservation and walk right upstairs--the downstairs lobby was crammed with people and it was crazy, but once we got upstairs it was great! Thanks for all the info here!

After reading some of the Yelp reviews of this place, I am definitely going to pass on this place. The restaurant probably needs a few months to get their act together, including cooking the food all the way through and not giving people food poisoning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter