Ballast Point

jacandjan

Mouseketeer
FYI

I was recently reading an update on another site and the author mentioned that reservations were a must because lines were 90 minutes to get a table. We are going mid February so went on the Disneyland app to make reservations, no option there. Tried the Disneyland website, not an option there either.

Ended up on Ballast Point website and had to use the opentable app to get reservations.

The bar is open seating, however, if you want to try that option.

Yeah same here. Wanted to be able to check it out without too much waiting (mid February as well) so made a reservation but it was not easy to find initially. I think because it was already its own organization rather than a Disney-created one, it already had the system in place to use open table. Once you know that though, it’s easy to reserve!

I just tried to use the OpenTable app for a month out and there are no options available. It’s either all booked up or they won’t go that far out. I looked for dates around ours and still no luck. Bummed as we really wanted to check it out.

Actually I think I just figured it out, if I change our group to 4 instead of 5 I have lots of options. But my party is 5 so... Should I book it for 4 and then when we show up surprise them? I hate to do that but come on, let me book for 5!

Actually I think I just figured it out, if I change our group to 4 instead of 5 I have lots of options. But my party is 5 so... Should I book it for 4 and then when we show up surprise them? I hate to do that but come on, let me book for 5!

I have this issue too. I just booked to have something and then tried to call but got a voicemail. My 5th is a toddler, so I thought maybe we could get away with it. I also tried to email and it was kicked back. I will try calling again when i get a chance.

I have this issue too. I just booked to have something and then tried to call but got a voicemail. My 5th is a toddler, so I thought maybe we could get away with it. I also tried to email and it was kicked back. I will try calling again when i get a chance.

Let me know if they are able to help. I tried calling as well but got an message. I don't want to spring a guest on them, but they sure don't make it easy! :)

Has anyone tried calling the Dine Line to ask about this? Maybe they would have a suggestion? Also, you can leave a note on your Open Table reservation -- has anyone tried doing that about needing an extra seat at your table? Maybe someone will call you back that way. We won't be in the parks until the weekend, but I'll try to remember to stop by BP to ask at the desk about the phone situation. If any DISers are there now and can ask sooner, please post an update!

Let me know if they are able to help. I tried calling as well but got an message. I don't want to spring a guest on them, but they sure don't make it easy! :)

Just spoke with them. She was super nice but she did say they are no longer taking reservations past this weekend. Walk ins only.

Just spoke with them. She was super nice but she did say they are no longer taking reservations past this weekend. Walk ins only.

Thanks for the update! I wonder what this means for the reservations already made? We may just not go if we can't do reservations. I'd be more inclined to just stay at Trader Sam's where we'd planned to get a drink beforehand.

Thanks for the update! I wonder what this means for the reservations already made? We may just not go if we can't do reservations. I'd be more inclined to just stay at Trader Sam's where we'd planned to get a drink beforehand.

Sounded to me they are no longer doing reservations past this weekend even if you had one booked out. I mentioned I had made one online and if I could make a change. That's when she said that they are not taking reservations past this weekend so to me seems like its a no go all around for reservations. I could be wrong though...

Huh. OpenTable still has a record of my reservation for 3/16, and still shows availability for other dates/times around that date... strange!

I read online that they are not taking reservations in the non-peak afternoon hours (around 2:30 - 4:30 pm?), but that they are taking reservations for dinner. We'll try to check on this the next time we walk by the restaurant.

I just called the restaurant and the girl who answered told me for sure they don't take reservations anymore, it is walk-in only and if you have a large party, the wait will likely be up to 90 minutes because they only have 2 big tables and the place is so popular. I'm guessing we'll just eat somewhere else. I don't want to blow 90 minutes of my vacation just sitting on the wait list.

I wonder what this means for the reservation I already have for Feb 22 in OpenTable. It's still showing in the app.

If they won't honor it we'll go somewhere else because I don't think we can spend 90 just waiting for our table. Especially after a day of travel. It sounds like maybe they have some kinks to work out, understandable with a new location, but a bummer there seems to be so much confusion.

We went, with a reservation, we thought it was pretty underwhelming. I think they are trying for the cool minimal brewery look like Golden Road but it just comes off as a little bland. There were also out of the first 3 beers I ordered

We went, with a reservation, we thought it was pretty underwhelming. I think they are trying for the cool minimal brewery look like Golden Road but it just comes off as a little bland. There were also out of the first 3 beers I ordered

@longboard55 , when did you go? Still trying to get a handle on when/if reservations stopped being an option... (but I'll also keep in mind your comments about it being underwhelming!)

Anyone else find it strange that there are no TVs in the bar? We swung in for quick stop on Super Bowl Sunday and saw a bunch of people watching on their phones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter