Bad advertisements on DIS boards

Sorry if I caused date site craziness. Please, if you see a site for rich smart dudes - help a sister out!

I made no assumptions and I hope you didn't think so:(

No, no ... that was *not* intended for you. And not to worry about your other post! I thought maybe the boards or my browser does some "scanning" of some sort, which is intended for ad displays. That's all.

Last edited:
The ads pay for this board, so if ad blocker programs don't work, you have to live with it. For me, the ads are better than paying to access the boards.
See, this is why I turned adblocker off. I was feeling guilty. But I still didn't see ads on Disboards. It was driving me batty.

Apparently the Blur extension prevents ads on this site as well, since Blur prevents trackers like Google Adsense. Oops!

See, this is why I turned adblocker off. I was feeling guilty. But I still didn't see ads on Disboards. It was driving me batty.

Apparently the Blur extension prevents ads on this site as well, since Blur prevents trackers like Google Adsense. Oops!

I tried to use this site without an adblock. I really wanted to, but one of the ads actually slows down the forum to a crawl for me. Turn it back on and it runs lightning quick.

I tried to use this site without an adblock. I really wanted to, but one of the ads actually slows down the forum to a crawl for me. Turn it back on and it runs lightning quick.

The ads on this site slow my experience down something terrible. It is awful. Advertisements anywhere have gotten so vulgarly flamboyant. It's all advertisement and a little "web."

Yes, I noticed that too. I leave Blur running. Apparently the ads used on Disboards include tracking, anyway.

Yes, I noticed that too. I leave Blur running. Apparently the ads used on Disboards include tracking, anyway.

There is tracking on here? If this is true, it all makes sense now. There is so much tracking, it seems to me the site has a mechanism to scan the messages you read on here, and create your advertisements based on that. This is truly bad!

There is tracking on here? If this is true, it all makes sense now. There is so much tracking, it seems to me the site has a mechanism to scan the messages you read on here, and create your advertisements based on that. This is truly bad!
No I mean Google AdSense. It uses tracking cookies to see what you've clicked on, what you've searched on Google, etc.

Ad block plus - Definitely

I would suggest that anyone who is getting what they feel are inappropriate ads to check and make sure that their antivirus and anti spyware software is up to date. You may have accidentally downloaded an ad injector (hijacker) that can insert ads on pages where they don't belong or replace the ads that should be there with there own. These ads are usually more questionable than the normal ones.

You could also think about uninstalling any unused browser extensions sometimes ad injectors can be bundled with these but it is only disclosed in the fine print of that none of us read before downloading, if they are disclosed at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter