Bad advertisements on DIS boards

A. Mara Ziwadie

Mouseketeer
What is with the advertisements on here? Some are okay, but others are just ... ick. One banner advertisement just read, "Dating Russians Your Way Click Here." Like, what? I accidentally clicked on a "Date Rich Women" banner and now I have dating ads all over when I'm browsing these boards. Sometimes duplicates. Enough already.

What is with the advertisements on here? Some are okay, but others are just ... ick. One banner advertisement just read, "Dating Russians Your Way Click Here." Like, what? I accidentally clicked on a "Date Rich Women" banner and now I have dating ads all over when I'm browsing these boards. Sometimes duplicates. Enough already.

Lol. Maybe someone in your house is googling a site associated with that? Maybe your cat has a secret life? I get ads that are linked to my most recent history, so a lot of shoes and travel:rotfl2:

I have Adblock plus, and it used to work on this site but it no longer blocks any ads on the DIS. It says it is enabled and has blocked 0 on this page. Any ideas?

I have Adblock plus, and it used to work on this site but it no longer blocks any ads on the DIS. It says it is enabled and has blocked 0 on this page. Any ideas?
I don't know. I have Adblock Plus and it's enabled and blocking 5 on this page.

Mine are usually related to travel and other harmless topics. My biggest issue is how slow all of this makes the site. I'm on a tablet and not sure how to add an ad blocker but I really should.

Did you accidentally 'white list' the DIS? There's also a sneaky little box that allows some advertising, you have to uncheck that.

Did you accidentally 'white list' the DIS? There's also a sneaky little box that allows some advertising, you have to uncheck that.

I didn't know what that meant, but I just went into my options and the DIS is NOT listed as one of my whitelisted domains. I signed up for Adblocker on the recommendation of these boards. And it worked for a long time, but no longer on this site. Not sure what happened, but it was in the last month or so.

I didn't know what that meant, but I just went into my options and the DIS is NOT listed as one of my whitelisted domains. I signed up for Adblocker on the recommendation of these boards. And it worked for a long time, but no longer on this site. Not sure what happened, but it was in the last month or so.
Try disabling it, clear your cookies and cache and then enable it again. One of the blockers, I can't remember which one, has a clause about letting some advertising in. You have to uncheck that.

Ad blocker! I have to disable it on some pages (some SwagBucks pages) but it works well otherwise.

All my ads are related to recent searches.

I just get ads for my own books. Like who the hell would want to read that junk. Wait I mean, at those prices I'd buy them right away if I didn't already have 50 copies of each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter