Baby Swap at PoC and Haunted Mansion?

Barb D

DIS Veteran
Almost-3yo DD has already told me that she doesn't want to go on the "scary ghost ride." I don't know if she remembers it from her 23mo trip, or from the Disneyland Fun Singalong video, or what. In any case, I'm certainly not going to push her to go on it. Has anyone ever babyswapped on that one? How about PoC?

BTW, we saw a "can" character at the MD State Fair today, and she wouldn't go near him. Doesn't bode well for our time with Mickey. (She loved him at 5mo and wouldn't go near him 'til the end of the trip at 23mo. We only have one day this time, so no time for "warming up.")

I am not sure if it can be done on this ride or not, I know it can be done on any attraction that has a height requirement but since PCO and HM do not have a height requirement... I say that best thing to do is to ask the CM's at the attraction entrance.

The last time we were there, we thought we'd baby swap at PoC, but when we got to the boats, the CM informed us that because there is no height restriction, they have no facility for a baby swap. We just all got on the ride, and I covered my ds's eyes and ears. I would not suggest doing that. Next time, we'll all just skip the ride if we have to.
I don't know about HM, but I'm betting it's the same thing.

Since Haunted Mansion has FP, you could always get a FP for each parent, then make sure you get there before the time window is about to expire. You won't have to wait long while the other person goes through the FP line.

We did the baby swap at Haunted Mansion. I've never been told I couldn't baby swap. It seems to me I did baby swap at PoC a few years ago when my toddler was terrified of the queing area. I have used the baby swap at attractions that didn't have height requirements with no problem. Maybe a different CM would have been more accomodating, or maybe if the ride is very busy they try to avoid it because it slows their traffic flow. (Don't know about that - just taking a guess)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter