[B]Ticket question...to lie or not to lie.....[/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ! I'm not going into whether it is right or wrong but isn't 11 really stretching 9 ?

cheriandjimi said:
WOW!!!!! There are some really perfect people on this board!!!! I just wanted some advice I really didnt think I would get slamed. Im just trying to plan a trip and take my kids somewhere nice, after a very trying year in our lives. How judgemental of all of you to assume that I am this horrible parent because I dont have your six figure income. Oh Well, whatever.... I managed to raise a strait A student and a great kid being the horrible "lying" parent that I am!!! So none of you people have ever done anything wrong??? WOW what a bunch of angels....Believe me my kid knows right from wrong and he also knows that were not rich, he dosent live in a fantasy world.

why does everybody ask this question and then attack people for their answers. you asked if people would do it - you got answers. Your child may know right from wrong, but apparently his mother doesn't.

I am suspicious of this poster. Yesterday someone made some very inflamatory statements about Gay Days. The debate roared on for the whole day. She would periodically post and throw more gas on the fire. It seems like this poster is doing the same thing. At the end of the debate the inflamatory poster indicated she would resurface on the Dis boards but under a different name. It would not surprise me if this poster was the same from yesterday. If not, I apologize to her in advance for comparing her with Kimba. :3dglasses

OP--I know it is hard to pay $28 for a meal your child will eat maybe three bites of. I have 2 nieces, 1 who is 5, 1 who is 10. The girls are the same size! The 10 yr old is a twig, the 5 yr old a nice, sturdy, Dutch girl. :p So when we go to buffets we pay for 1 child and 1 adult. The oldest will eat noodles, bread, and maybe a few fries. The youngest will eat almost anything. So while paying $28 for a few fries is tough, we figure it all evens out in the end. We also find it easy to share meals at the counter service restaurants. I have found Disney portions to be a little on the large size, so you can save money that way too. We even share pops, though I know that grosses some people out. ;) There are tons of ways to cut back on costs, if you will just search them out. Good luck!

cheriandjimi said:
WOW!!!!! There are some really perfect people on this board!!!! I just wanted some advice I really didnt think I would get slamed. Im just trying to plan a trip and take my kids somewhere nice, after a very trying year in our lives. How judgemental of all of you to assume that I am this horrible parent because I dont have your six figure income. Oh Well, whatever.... I managed to raise a strait A student and a great kid being the horrible "lying" parent that I am!!! So none of you people have ever done anything wrong??? WOW what a bunch of angels....Believe me my kid knows right from wrong and he also knows that were not rich, he dosent live in a fantasy world.

I haven't read where anyone has called you a horrible parent. You asked about doing something that isn't on the up and up and people answered you. Is it only OK to answer you if someone is going to say go ahead and steal/lie? You know it is not right, but you expect support from everyone?

Other people, myself included, have had horrible years too. Unless your child almost dying on more than one occasion and having other family members do die is a good year. And not everyone who doesn't cheat Disney makes a six figure income. I know we don't have one. We save for our vacations. We pick and choose what we spend our money on. Nor have I ever claimed to be perfect--no one is; I'm just not a liar or theif and doing what you plan on doing, to me, is just that. But that is my opinion. Disney will just have to keep lowering the age of children's tickets and raising their prices to make up for all those that cheat the system. I just don't want to participate in that.

BTW--Ted Bundy, the unibomber, and many other rotten people were straight A students with high IQs. Most criminals also know right from wrong. It doesn't mean you are going to be an upstanding citizen. And actions speak a lot louder than words. Kids are "monkey see, monkey do" not "do as I say, not as I do." Why do think that book, how to behave so your children will is so popular?

Chicken fingers and fries cost less than $6...not $20-$30. split portions if necessary. Skip all you can eat places. Why bother if all you can eat is less than a counter service meal anyway. My mother who is a VERY light eater..orders from the kids menus all the time.

Spend the extra $40 for the appropriate ticket and trim it elsewhere. If you are vacationing there for a number of days--$40 is easy to trim.

Disney is supposed to be a magical experience..not a tainted one. Magical when you create ways to save money--tainted when you opt to lie your way to the savings. Be like Peter Pan and spread the pixie dust--not Pinnochio.

Spend some more time reading all of the boards here - especially the Budget Board - and you'll find all sorts of legitimate ways to trim your budget or earn the extra dollars you need.. It will be a much nicer vacation if you can do it with a clear conscience.. :)

rt2dz said:
I haven't read where anyone has called you a horrible parent. You asked about doing something that isn't on the up and up and people answered you. Is it only OK to answer you if someone is going to say go ahead and steal/lie? You know it is not right, but you expect support from everyone?

Other people, myself included, have had horrible years too. Unless your child almost dying on more than one occasion and having other family members do die is a good year. And not everyone who doesn't cheat Disney makes a six figure income. I know we don't have one. We save for our vacations. We pick and choose what we spend our money on. Nor have I ever claimed to be perfect--no one is; I'm just not a liar or theif and doing what you plan on doing, to me, is just that. But that is my opinion. Disney will just have to keep lowering the age of children's tickets and raising their prices to make up for all those that cheat the system. I just don't want to participate in that.

BTW--Ted Bundy, the unibomber, and many other rotten people were straight A students with high IQs. Most criminals also know right from wrong. It doesn't mean you are going to be an upstanding citizen. And actions speak a lot louder than words. Kids are "monkey see, monkey do" not "do as I say, not as I do." Why do think that book, how to behave so your children will is so popular?
you know what, dis me all you want but if you want to compare my child to a unibomber you better IM me privately ang Ill give you my addresse and you can say it to my face...ok??? And I never said anything about gay people I dont know what that person is talking about, people that are close to me are gay, BIG deal who cares! Its obvious that you are a tight knit bunch so im leaving....thanks for all your help guys

I too, think this post is a sham. THis would have to be one of the top 3 topics guaranteed to stir up trouble. I don't buy it. 11 trying to pas for 9, come on. :rolleyes1

cheriandjimi said:
Oh I almost forgot I guess none of you sneak food into the parks either.......My point is how is one lie different from another....

No, we don't worry about snacks...just returned from 8 days at Disney on the Dining Plan...the best idea ever. We had all the snacks we wanted...way tooooo many.

Even on our trips before doing the Dining Plan, we would never bring in snacks (even though they are allowed)...who wants to carry around all that extra stuff?

And, btw, I told Disney that my DD is 11 so we had to pay adult meal prices for her the whole 8 days.

cheriandjimi said:
you know what, dis me all you want but if you want to compare my child to a unibomber you better IM me privately ang Ill give you my addresse and you can say it to my face...ok??? And I never said anything about gay people I dont know what that person is talking about, people that are close to me are gay, BIG deal who cares! Its obvious that you are a tight knit bunch so im leaving....thanks for all your help guys

Since you don't seem to give a **** about what people think or say on this board, why the heck did you bother to pose such a question? Do you really think that people who do follow the rules and pay full price for their kids who are over 9 or are poor eaters are going to say "Sure we'll pay but you go for it"!
I agree with everyone who said :stir: :stir: :stir:

Let's post a topic entitled "Ticket question...to lie or not to lie...." and not expect to be flamed....come on now the troll is out again! :stir:

Ok I admit it was a stupid question, maybe i was not thinking clearly and in my haste to have some time away I was reaching for anything. I dont teach my kids to lie. I will pay for the adult ticket. Like that one person said in the begining posts maybe I needed somekind of validation that to lie would be wrong...I had alot of people on my end telling me to "just buy the kids ticket he is a kid." (I still dont think its a BIG lie.) I wouldnt steal a tv from work that is rediculous! BUt I do sneak candy into the movies, so shoot me Im not perfect like some of you.
But really how dare some of you take this to such extremes as to compair my CHILD to ted bundy or the unibomber!!! I was only asking a question, you could have told me it was a stupid question or even told me to get off the board ect. BUT DONT BRING my CHILD into it. that was wrong.... Dont incinuate that I hate gay people(what was that?) just tell me I made a mistake. How was I supposed to know that, that was one of the three worst things to bring up???I WAS NEW!!! some of you really must be living in glass houses...cause I would never treat a newbie like that, I might tell them what the first few people in the begining said but I wouldnt see it as an opprotunity for an all out slam fest.

cheriandjimi said:
Ok I admit it was a stupid question, maybe i was not thinking clearly and in my haste to have some time away I was reaching for anything. I dont teach my kids to lie. I will pay for the adult ticket. Like that one person said in the begining posts maybe I needed somekind of validation that to lie would be wrong...I had alot of people on my end telling me to "just buy the kids ticket he is a kid." (I still dont think its a BIG lie.) I wouldnt steal a tv from work that is rediculous! BUt I do sneak candy into the movies, so shoot me Im not perfect like some of you.
But really how dare some of you take this to such extremes as to compair my CHILD to ted bundy or the unibomber!!! I was only asking a question, you could have told me it was a stupid question or even told me to get off the board ect. BUT DONT BRING my CHILD into it. that was wrong.... Dont incinuate that I hate gay people(what was that?) just tell me I made a mistake. How was I supposed to know that, that was one of the three worst things to bring up???I WAS NEW!!! some of you really must be living in glass houses...cause I would never treat a newbie like that, I might tell them what the first few people in the begining said but I wouldnt see it as an opprotunity for an all out slam fest.

I think some posters were upset a little by your second post (post #10); your reaction to some of the opinions posted and in return, some said some un-necesary things. I agree with you that bringing up the unibomer and Ted Bundy was pretty bad, IMHO.

Sometimes when a newbie posts a hot topic like this, it makes others think they are just a trouble maker, a pot stirer, hence the disbelief and the :stir: smilies instead of giving you the benefit of the doubt. It was your initial reaction to some good replies/opinions given to you that upset some of us. (see your post, #10). You just have to learn to take the good with the bad. You won't always get the positive opinions you were looking for and need to be prepared for that.

Welcome to the DIS and good luck planning your well deserved Disney trip. HOpefully this thread won't scare you off the DIS.

Thanks beattyfamily, I figure that post #10 did probably make things worse , I tend to get offensive when i feel that my parental skills are being attacked. My children are my life,and I work really hard at being a good mom.

cheriandjimi,

I feel your pain. When I first started posting in August, I was amazed at how some were so judgemental. But I am just as amazed at those who post a topic knowing that 1) the question is a no brainer (the op should know better) or 2) or are just trying to pick a fight.

Sometimes it is just better to keep things to yourself and not invite that type of scrutiny. My dd7 recently asked me why we had to do something a certain way when her friends don't have to. She looked at me and sighed, "I know we have to follow the rules." It's tough when others around you say it's ok, but in reality, we all end up paying more for it.

cheriandjimi said:
Thanks beattyfamily, I figure that post #10 did probably make things worse , I tend to get offensive when i feel that my parental skills are being attacked. My children are my life,and I work really hard at being a good mom.

:wave2: You are welcome. HOpefully, this thread can now die and fade away.

Also, in the future, if you feel you are being attacked and you feel uncomfortable about a thread you started, you can contact a moderator and ask for it to be closed. Just an FYI...not recommending it or anything.

Just wanted to say, I do not see anywhere in OP's post asking for anyone's opinions if this is right or wrong. She asked if they would ask for proof of age. Since we are all being so perfect - and I do not mean to step on anyone's toes here - but it is not our place to judge ANYONE - is it? Shame, shame.

OP - do not feel too badly - my first post about a year ago was a very similar question, with a bit of a difference - my oldest is autistic and I did not know if he would last 5 minutes in the park - or if he and I would both have to leave and not return. Even with that possiblity - I was slammed quite a bit. I did get a few PM that were nicer, and though I was tempted to go away and not ever post here again - I stuck around and the information and support here became priceless! I am hoping you can brush this off, and stick around. Just be careful about posting anything in that area again. I love the DIS - and most people (even those who attacked you here) are very helpful and supportive. Hoping we can put this all behind us! :grouphug:

Mods - maybe lock this one? It is obviously going nowhere pleasant.

cheriandjimi said:
My son is 11. (the childs tix are 3-9) the prices for the child ticket is 40$ less than the adult. also at universal the childs ticket is free w/purchase of an adult tik this is a total savings of 140.$ so my question is will they really ask his age? I dont want to buy the tix if they're going to give me a hard time...I know my neighbor took her daughter when she was like 6y/o and sat her in a stroller and told them at the gate everyday that she was under 3 so she didnt have to pay for tix for her once! but this was like 5yrs ago...and last time I went my son was 8y/o so i didnt have this problem...also would this work for eating? my son is such a poor eater I cant see paying 20-30$ for a couple chicken fingers and some fries.... :guilty:

For a 2 year age difference I wouldn't do it.

I have fibbed (OK, lied) about my children's ages before and only felt a twinge of guilt (Cedar Point where ds1 was only a month overage, buffets where ds2 only takes a few bites). But I'm always super paranoid that someone will question me. Are you required to carry ID for kids to Disney?

But for the difference between 9 and 11? No. (If someone's budget was so tight that it meant the difference between going and not going, I certainly wouldn't begrudge them. But just to save bucks for more souvenirs, nah.)

Now I have to do some searching on ID requirements..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter