Avengers: Infinity War - Discussion (*** CONTAINS SPOILERS***)

Since we're talking spoilers here, one thing I had an issue with was not showing Thanos securing the first stone. I really feel like that was missing and the throwaway line about it happening a week ago was unsatisfying. They could have even shown it as the stinger on a previous film. It'd have been cool to see Thanos trashing the Nova Corps for even just a minute.

My favorite stuff in this movie was Iron Man, Star Lord and Dr. Strange all sniping at each other. Strange is the only guy there who even remotely has any business fighting Thanos with four gems, and partly because he still had his own. Most guys in this movie were just outclassed. I felt bad for Bucky in the Wakanda battle. He brought a machine gun to a cosmic power fight! Poor guy. I love how Cap had a battle of wills with Thanos and showed his stuff, but really, nobody had a chance. Well, except for Thor. Thor was such a boss!

Yes would loved to have seen John C Reilly vs Thanos and Glen Close. A missed opportunity for sure.

Last thoughts, Thor was the MVP and Peter Dinklage and Rabbit. And the Scarlet Witch/Vision scenes were incredibly effective. Besides the lack of Steve Rogers I thought Bruce Banners scenes were great to disappointing. Was really hoping to see Hulk destroy through the hulk buster suit. Also the lack of Clint was annoying.

Can't wait to see it again!

Saw it last night and awesome! Loved being in a 7pm showing with the great crowd who laughed and gasped and cheered at all the perfect moments! Once I got home I bought 2 more tickets for Sunday so my dad can see it too and we can discuss!

-GotG Vol 3 will be about finding Gamora. Maybe Avengers 4 will end with Thanos dying but before he goes giving a hint to Star Lord that the soul stone can bring her back.

Gotg the Search for Gamora. Love it!

I've got to wonder how Guardians 3 is going to be now.

Really it's hard to say till Avengers 4 comes out. The next two Marvel movies are both set before Infinity War. Ant-Man and the Wasp is said to be more of a direct sequel to Civil War and Captain Marvel is set in the 90's. I'm wondering how they reset a lot of the deaths, if Doctor Strange is dead than Wong will have to manipulate the time stone unless someone convinces Thanos to do it?

Wait, I haven't read all the posts yet but you guys don't really think all those who disappeared are dead, right? They're all coming back. I'm more worried for the ones still alive, since some will probably sacrifice themselves to bring the others back. Guess they had to cut the cast to give them their swan song.

I did think they could have done the end 'deaths' better. Spiderman's was the only one with real impact.

I'm not sure how they could even do guardians without gamora. She is the moral heart of the group. Mantis is nice but very naive. Everyone else is kind of a jerk.

Poor Thor has nothing. Ragnarok was kind of a waste all his people are dead. What happened to Valkyrie?

I could have used just a few more quiet minutes. Little talk between black widow and hulk. Some more reaction from starlord. Any sort of depth to cap.

So I'm assuming the only victory doctor strange saw involved keeping iron Man alive, since he had a very quick change of heart from his 'I'll let everyone die to keep this stone safe' to 'here you go take it'.

I'm more worried for the ones still alive,

And I really think Avengers 4 will be the moment for the ones still alive. We should start preparing ourselves now for the very likely end for some of our favorites.

Spiderman's was the only one with real impact.

I agree. He's the only one that I felt something when he dissipated.

Wait, I haven't read all the posts yet but you guys don't really think all those who disappeared are dead, right? They're all coming back. I'm more worried for the ones still alive, since some will probably sacrifice themselves to bring the others back. Guess they had to cut the cast to give them their swan song.

I did think they could have done the end 'deaths' better. Spiderman's was the only one with real impact.

I'm not sure how they could even do guardians without gamora. She is the moral heart of the group. Mantis is nice but very naive. Everyone else is kind of a jerk.

Poor Thor has nothing. Ragnarok was kind of a waste all his people are dead. What happened to Valkyrie?

I could have used just a few more quiet minutes. Little talk between black widow and hulk. Some more reaction from starlord. Any sort of depth to cap.

So I'm assuming the only victory doctor strange saw involved keeping iron Man alive, since he had a very quick change of heart from his 'I'll let everyone die to keep this stone safe' to 'here you go take it'.

I will double down on Steve Rogers as he has been the heart and soul of the MCU or at the very least the moral compass of the MCU and he really did nothing. Still a great movie and I think Avengers 4 will be the Rogers movie.

Just watched it...OMG what a movie! My theater was so into it. Also - how about how they played us with the mid-credit scene...just the words turning to dust! Too soon! Then I got all excited to see the end of credits...more dust...ahhh! Okay that is all I’ve got until I spend some time processing!

And I believe already confirmed to be his last...

Well of course that’s what he said but things change. It could be a little joke on everyone or he changes his mind and gets an extension but I do honestly believe he is done

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter