• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

If I am able to get a WS BG from home before we fly in from Dallas (we have DCA starting park that day), and it is a low number by some miracle, can we show up later and still ride? I know they usually have you show a dining reservation that conflicted with your BG or something to get a ride when you've missed your time slot, but I was wondering if we should try anyway? We likely won't be in the parks by noon because of when our flight arrives, so we won't be able to try for noon, as I understand it.

If I am able to get a WS BG from home before we fly in from Dallas (we have DCA starting park that day), and it is a low number by some miracle, can we show up later and still ride? I know they usually have you show a dining reservation that conflicted with your BG or something to get a ride when you've missed your time slot, but I was wondering if we should try anyway? We likely won't be in the parks by noon because of when our flight arrives, so we won't be able to try for noon, as I understand it.
You do have some leeway but not sure how much. I pushed it as much as 30 minutes and still got in.
If you wont be in the parks by 12pm, I would try for 7am. When you get the notification that it is time to ride I would open the app and view your queue.
Then select open Ticket Code button and take screenshots of each ticket and its barcode.
When you arrive I would show them your screenshots and see if they still work (the app way of viewing the tickets may be gone), if not explain to the Cast Member (especially a higher up/plaid CM) that you were stuck on a plane when your BG was called. They may let you through.

Related: I'm quietly curious if anyone has ever been denied entry into either ROTR or WS because they were late. Most of the posts I've seen on the boards in the last few months have been situations where someone decided not to bother going to the ride (specifically ROTR) because they knew they'd be late, not because a CM denied them entry. There have been recent reports at WDW that the CMs at ROTR haven't been enforcing the time there - a few people have acknowledged being allowed in without any pushback despite being a couple of hours late.

Personally: I wouldn't do what you're suggesting, unless this was my only opportunity to ride, especially if we know for sure that they are denying late entry. I would be uncomfortable taking a spot from someone who could be there and ride, for the very low-percentage chance that I got a late BG and a willing CM. I'm not saying you shouldn't try - but I personally wouldn't be comfortable doing that, especially if that was just my first day and I had other chances.

Any updates on the crowds getting into Avengers Campus without a BG the last few days? I saw a post on social media yesterday afternoon that there was no line to get in but I'm not counting on being that lucky for our trip this weekend. I tried to get in the afternoon of opening weekend and the wait was 5 hours.

Any updates on the crowds getting into Avengers Campus without a BG the last few days? I saw a post on social media yesterday afternoon that there was no line to get in but I'm not counting on being that lucky for our trip this weekend. I tried to get in the afternoon of opening weekend and the wait was 5 hours.
There was a Stand By line this morning at opening

YESSSS! I was successful practicing WS the noon drop today, and I was also successful practicing for RotR at 7 a.m. Now if I can just duplicate this in the park one week from today!
My wife and I were both successful with WS at noon. My wife then tried RotR, and it was still available. We start in DCA on Monday. If all goes well we will do WS in the morning and RotR in the afternoon. 🤞

I saw GOTG was 5 minutes for a while this morning so I’m really hoping to do RSR first and then get into AC right away without a standby line. Or maybe our BG will be called super early anyway.

I saw GOTG was 5 minutes for a while this morning so I’m really hoping to do RSR first and then get into AC right away without a standby line. Or maybe our BG will be called super early anyway.
I'm guessing you'll need an early bg for that to happen, but would be the best plan, especially if you want to do gotg several times while in the land.

Sorry if I’m repeating information already given - there is no standby line for Avengers today and hasn’t been all day. They say they aren’t crowded enough to warrant one. Ride times definitely reflect that in DCA today.
Wow-wait times look great this afternoon! 11 days until we arrive!

Sorry if I’m repeating information already given - there is no standby line for Avengers today and hasn’t been all day. They say they aren’t crowded enough to warrant one. Ride times definitely reflect that in DCA today.

Did you, or anyone, happen to hear if this is just a day by day situation? Or are they planning for it to be the new normal?

You do have some leeway but not sure how much. I pushed it as much as 30 minutes and still got in.
If you wont be in the parks by 12pm, I would try for 7am. When you get the notification that it is time to ride I would open the app and view your queue.
Then select open Ticket Code button and take screenshots of each ticket and its barcode.
When you arrive I would show them your screenshots and see if they still work (the app way of viewing the tickets may be gone), if not explain to the Cast Member (especially a higher up/plaid CM) that you were stuck on a plane when your BG was called. They may let you through.
Thank you! This is super helpful!

Related: I'm quietly curious if anyone has ever been denied entry into either ROTR or WS because they were late. Most of the posts I've seen on the boards in the last few months have been situations where someone decided not to bother going to the ride (specifically ROTR) because they knew they'd be late, not because a CM denied them entry. There have been recent reports at WDW that the CMs at ROTR haven't been enforcing the time there - a few people have acknowledged being allowed in without any pushback despite being a couple of hours late.

Personally: I wouldn't do what you're suggesting, unless this was my only opportunity to ride, especially if we know for sure that they are denying late entry. I would be uncomfortable taking a spot from someone who could be there and ride, for the very low-percentage chance that I got a late BG and a willing CM. I'm not saying you shouldn't try - but I personally wouldn't be comfortable doing that, especially if that was just my first day and I had other chances.
Thanks for the information. We have always returned during our window for ROTR pre-COVID, so I was not sure if we would possibly be allowed in late.

I agree that if I knew for sure that we would NOT be allowed in with a “late” BG, I would not try for one. But if we could be let in with a BG time that has passed, I think we will try. I feel like everyone who purchases a ticket for the day has the same option to try for a BG by purchasing their ticket. So, I feel ok trying for the BG. Maybe we will get a high group number and it won’t get called until after we arrive; maybe it will get called before we arrive, but they will let us use it later. I think each person who buys a ticket should feel ok trying for a BG because the opportunity to get a BG is included in every ticket. Since it happens in a split second, there is no way for me to try to get a later BG than an earlier one, unfortunately, so I think we will have to try and see. If I get a super low group like 2 or something that I know we can’t possibly make, can I cancel the BG so it will open up more places for other people to try to get a BG at noon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter